Moparts

Mice and boxed frames

Posted By: 49wayfarer

Mice and boxed frames - 11/02/09 07:53 PM

Moved the Wayfarer to another spot in the garage and it stinks of mice. When I did the dakota clip and cut the frame, it was packed solid with mice bedding. They got in the rockers, and above the windshield, and I can see bedding once again in the frame. Can't get all the way in the frame with a vacuum, and blowing it out with an airgun is a real mess. Maybe stick a hose in and drown em. Made a bucket mouse trap, got a few, need to get some poison again. Stupid boxed frame!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/03/09 03:02 AM

My wife tells me Irish Spring bar soap gets rid of mice. She has some in a corner of the basement to control the critter count through the winter. Don't know if it works yet, but it sure adds a different smell to the basement. Gene
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/03/09 07:47 AM

I was told that you can use bounce dryer sheets and that will keep them away.
I believe I tried the soap before and they just ate it.
I have tried mothballs didn't work.
I used peppermint extract on a tin plate ??? don't have positive evidence if it worked or not but it is supposed to.

So far the bounce sheets have been working.
just my
David

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/03/09 01:36 PM

We put bounce in our camper. Its only 2 years old, so I hoe theres no holes for the, but theres no mice and it smells good in there. Going to get some poison today and will have to get some bounce. I vacuumed the car and blew it out with an airgun outside. Then I hosed it all down and let it sit outside. Still has an odor.
Posted By: pitbovver

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/04/09 11:47 PM

X2 on the dryer sheets...
Posted By: ktbundy

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/05/09 03:37 AM

Dryer sheets have worked for some people, but not for others. Buy a good bait and some tamperproof stations. They can be used both inside and also outside the garage around the perimeters. By having bait outside, you become proactive instead of reactive. If available look for a product called Contrac Blox. Never use Warfarin as most mice are immune to it. In case you are wondering, I own a pest control company. I have been dealing with these little scoundrels for over 30 years.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/05/09 05:26 AM

I used to get mice in the garage where I kept the dog food. I bought a package of the Victor Sonic Mini PestChaser Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent and have never seen any traces of a mouse again. I have one of them in about every room of the house and a couple in garage.
Posted By: 79machocharger

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/05/09 03:32 PM

Irish Spring soap doesn't work, they will just eat it .
Posted By: dartracer

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/07/09 03:32 PM

Mine used the dryer sheets for a nice smelling nest. Snap traps with peanut butter for bait is still the best.
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/12/09 06:22 AM

bar soap will keep the dear away,,but i doubt you have any in your frame,,,

as stated,, snap traps and peanut butter is killer,,,
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/20/09 12:40 PM

Removing the 'mouse-house' from framerails...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6O129EV5Kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtslbOGAqI

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/20/09 02:12 PM

You know, thats a really good idea. I tried blowing it out with an airgun, and I just get a big cloud of brown dust that stinks. Can't get a vaccum far enough in. I can use a toilet snake similar to that and should get a good majority out. Thanks for that video.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Mice and boxed frames - 11/24/09 07:54 PM

I use DCON. At the very least, I know the little <expletives> are eating it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums