Moparts

195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon

Posted By: pitbovver

195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 10/31/09 08:50 PM

Whats it worth? I am going to take a look at it tommorrow will post more pics later this is through a cell phone....No real information. I.E. is it worth my while? It must move soon or it gets scrapped as I understand...

Attached picture 5578471-1031091453.jpg
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 10/31/09 09:05 PM

I've seen them go for 500-1500, depending on rust and missing trim. Not that many, but not that many buyers either.

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 10/31/09 11:49 PM

what is the most likely candidate for a stock drivetrain...Flathead 6?

Attached picture 5578733-1031091452c.jpg
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 11/01/09 02:23 AM

Yes, a flathead 6, could be a semi auto, or a 3 speed, and the standard smaller version of what looks like an 8 3/4 rear end. You want to know the condition of the tailgate and rear bumper as I believe they are wagon specific and most rusted bad. Most I've seen have rusted out floors. The going rate is in the $500- $1500 with good paperwork for an avrage condition car, which that one looks to be by the pictures. Gene
Posted By: CaptainGTX

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 11/01/09 02:35 AM

If you don't know by now, the car is a 53. You can tell by the side trim, among other things. I own the 53 convert posted a couple weeks ago. These are neat cars and deserve a bigger following, in my opinion. Good luck.

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 11/01/09 02:42 AM

thanks on the year I was noticing that the windsheild is one peice in the last pic. I will have more information tommorrow hopefully. It would be nice to just get it running and roll it with some freshening up. The OG owner is getting old and thier home is going up for auction looks like we can get this thing for the right price....if we act fast...I was kinda hoping there might be a possibility of it having a hemi but....the flathead 6 is cool too...happy halloween

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 11/03/09 01:11 AM

well its a flat head six. The floors are rotted and the rockers, also the rear valance up to and around the rear tail gate. It looks like the og trim is in the rear along with a swamp cooler and a neato wooden rack. The engine seemed to turn by hand by rotating the fan. It seems to rock back and forth but with the flat tires it is hard to see if the brakes are locked up. Gotta get the paper work for it and load it up on a trailer. My buddy is a sheetmetal worker so we can make up some new floors, get the motor running and refurb the brakes and get it down the road possibly...
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/23/10 04:29 PM

Glad it's surviving. A very desirable pre forward look machine, and really rare 2 door wagon.

Kudo's to you for saving it.
Posted By: 1972cudaguy

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/23/10 09:14 PM

Glad you decided to save it , don't forget to look for the station wagon only thread here & add yours . I believe this is a '50 or '51 wagon but maybe some inspiration what can be done with these ..

Attached picture 5754955-ad58_12.jpg
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/26/10 07:29 AM

glad you saved it,, i never knew ply made an early 2 door wagon,,,the green woody pictured,,is that a real woody or did some oen make it ? either way i like it and the green looks great,,,
Posted By: 1972cudaguy

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/26/10 11:50 AM

Quote:

glad you saved it,, i never knew ply made an early 2 door wagon,,,the green woody pictured,,is that a real woody or did some oen make it ? either way i like it and the green looks great,,,

Chrysler never offered a 2dr woodie , that one was custom made , but very nice nonetheless
Posted By: Robert R

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/27/10 12:38 AM

The woody pictured is a 50 plymouth Suburban. Definitely not factory wood, but awesome none the less. That picture is rotating on my screensaver to inspire me each day to at least keep mine in mind if I can't get outside to the garage to work on her.

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/27/10 02:43 PM

Its still sitting there...The owners buddy apparently has been interested in it "for a long time" Somebody should do something with it....

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 01/29/10 08:28 PM

i thought you were going to get it ???

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 03/29/10 02:49 PM

drug it to my uncles house for now. Its on the back burner so to speak. The P.O. was a real hoarding type and had a bunch of crap in it that we got cleaned out. The brake lines were all the way gone and the pedal for the brakes and clutch go to the floor and stay there. When it gets nicer out i will take some better pics...the headliner is an awesome rattan type of material and the dash has the original am/fm radio in it. The dash and the interior is a brown color so i think the seafoam green is a repaint. All the original trim is intact within the car...Even the hub caps. Its potential future is unknown at this point. Hopefully a weekend of tinkering with the carb/points/fresh fuel and a battery will guide us down its new path in life...
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 03/30/10 12:39 AM

I think, originally the dash would have been painted an immation wood look, to give the imperssion it was a piece of wood. Most I've seen the "grain" in the wood paint was gone, leaving a rust color brown.

Sounds like its been a battle from the begining. In case your interested, www.rustyhope.com makes a disc brake conversion for these cars. The original brakes were OK for the time the car was built, but pretty marginal these days. I'd update the brakes to modern day standards in a heartbeat, esspecially if your planning on doing a lot of driving. Cost wise, discs will be close to the same as redoing the original brakes. Just my Gene

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 03/30/10 11:42 PM

Quote:

drug it to my uncles house for now. Its on the back burner so to speak. The P.O. was a real hoarding type and had a bunch of crap in it that we got cleaned out. The brake lines were all the way gone and the pedal for the brakes and clutch go to the floor and stay there. When it gets nicer out i will take some better pics...the headliner is an awesome rattan type of material and the dash has the original am/fm radio in it. The dash and the interior is a brown color so i think the seafoam green is a repaint. All the original trim is intact within the car...Even the hub caps. Its potential future is unknown at this point. Hopefully a weekend of tinkering with the carb/points/fresh fuel and a battery will guide us down its new path in life...

orignal AM/FM ???

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 03/31/10 01:39 PM

buttons stick but it am/fm....i thought it was strange too for it to have both being so early. I remember my first cars in the 70s still only had AM radios and AM/FM were premium...

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 03/31/10 03:03 PM

Quote:

buttons stick but it am/fm....i thought it was strange too for it to have both being so early. I remember my first cars in the 70s still only had AM radios and AM/FM were premium...

i didnt think FM came along till the mid 1960s,,
Posted By: shinnery

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/01/10 04:22 AM

Earliest AM/FM I know of was a '67 Poncho Lemon with the OHC-6. It also had a factory Re-verb. I suspect they were around a couple years before that but it was the first one I owned.

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/01/10 12:01 PM

Quote:

Earliest AM/FM I know of was a '67 Poncho Lemon with the OHC-6. It also had a factory Re-verb. I suspect they were around a couple years before that but it was the first one I owned.

im just saying i didnt know that the FM band even exsisted to the public that early,,i was thinking it didnt come in to our world till the early or mid 1960s,,i remember listening to AM in those days,and getting the famous under dash FM converter in the late 60s..
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/01/10 07:26 PM

kinda cool
http://jeff560.tripod.com/1950fm.html

http://www.ehow.com/about_5380379_history-car-audio.html
1930s-1950s
By the 1930s, AM car radios were common. In 1952 the first FM tuner to join the AM band in cars was introduced, although FM radio listening remained scarce all decade. Chrysler included a turntable in its Imperial series, but the idea never caught on. The advent of the portable transistor radio in the late '50s created another way to listen to radio while moving in a car.

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/01/10 08:34 PM

Quote:

kinda cool
http://jeff560.tripod.com/1950fm.html

http://www.ehow.com/about_5380379_history-car-audio.html
1930s-1950s
By the 1930s, AM car radios were common. In 1952 the first FM tuner to join the AM band in cars was introduced, although FM radio listening remained scarce all decade. Chrysler included a turntable in its Imperial series, but the idea never caught on. The advent of the portable transistor radio in the late '50s created another way to listen to radio while moving in a car.

wow 1952 hard to imagine,,thanks for posting

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/03/10 05:26 PM

according to that list the og owner would've had a whole 4 channels to listen to here in toledo...Probably playing way better tunes than the crap that comes out these days...

Re: 195? meadowbrook 2dr wagon - 04/06/10 03:18 AM

Quote:

according to that list the og owner would've had a whole 4 channels to listen to here in toledo...Probably playing way better tunes than the crap that comes out these days...

yes todays crap i agree,,,sirius radio is the only way to go,,,
© 2024 Moparts Forums