Moparts

New guy with 36 Plymouth

Posted By: Anonymous

New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/09/08 08:38 PM

I am new to this web site and have a 36 Plymouth 2 Dr sedan deluxe. I plan on keeping it all original because it only has 7,405 miles on it. The car had been sitting for over 30 years. I know this sounds like the same old story but it is true and I feel that I cashed in all my luck the day I bought it. I have all the original documentation including the original tire warrenty. I wish i could send photos but I believe they are to big. Hope that someone here has a car near that year.

Attached picture 4541142-1936PlymouthDAYONE001.jpg
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/09/08 10:03 PM

Sounds cool, can't wait for pictures
While this is a rodder forum, I can understand keeping something like that stock.
You can resize using Paint, Photoshop or other image programs. Try the first thread in the BEST OF https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post1456242
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/10/08 12:44 AM

sounds like its ripe for a 440

now tell us about your other car, boats
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/10/08 01:09 AM

Quote:

Sounds cool, can't wait for pictures
While this is a rodder forum, I can understand keeping something like that stock.
You can resize using Paint, Photoshop or other image programs. Try the first thread in the BEST OF https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post1456242

yes, PICS------NOW, SOUND LIKE A GREAT CAR and the story is great!!!!

LAWFISH
Posted By: dogdays

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/10/08 01:50 PM

I use a Google freeware program called Picasa. It has a export resize feature that automatically resizes any pictures I export from the program to the new size that I specified. If it is still available try it and you should love it.
R.

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/18/08 08:27 PM

Here is a pic.

Attached picture 4560025-Copyof1936PlymouthDAYONE(02)001.jpg

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/18/08 08:34 PM

Here is another.

Attached picture 4560045-ZCopyof1936PlymouthDAYONE001(16).jpg

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/18/08 08:39 PM

Lt Dan
I would consider putting a 440 in it when you drop that 360 in the Valiant. That 360 is just collecting dust! Wait, the two extra 440's are right next to it - collecting dust. This car is closer to original than chopping it up. This is what you call going against the grain - keepin it O! Not to many doing that!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/21/08 01:47 PM

35's and 36's Plymouths are my favorite years of that era ..although I applaud the fact that you would like to keep it original, trying to drive one on todays highways and traffic is downright scary ( atleast around here anyway) ..

Maybe do a resto-rod kind of thing to it, look original on outside but underneath use some modern touches, I've seen that theme pulled off successfully many times

Either way, its your car and its cool ..Good luck with the project
Posted By: poorboy

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/22/08 02:00 AM

I'm with Bigdad on this one. Original is cool, but if you intend on driving it, at least upgrade the brakes and install a more friendly rear end gear. If its going to be a "parade ride" enjoy it as original.
Gene
Posted By: dogdays

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/22/08 05:21 PM

OH, MAN! the 2-door trunk sedan, a very good-looking ride.

Congratulations.

R.

Re: New guy with 36 Plymouth - 07/23/08 10:27 PM

Thanks guys. You dont know how many people want me to rod this. My father has a 35 Plymouth almost like this but its a street rod. He's still working on it. He has several rides. I have every thing to put it together included NOS stuff still in boxes. Ever time I open a new box it has more stuff in it. I almost have triple of the major parts. The motor (straight 6), was rebuilt in the 80's and I fired it for the first time since the rebuild. I had fun getting it to come to life and spent the day getting it tuned in. It was a good feeling when it was running.
© 2024 Moparts Forums