Moparts

Disc brake site back up!

Posted By: RodStRace

Disc brake site back up! - 08/05/09 03:43 AM

http://www.rustyhope.com/home.html
Is back up. This guy has the disc brake conversions and splits flathead manifolds.
Posted By: Moparsky

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 08/06/09 03:17 AM

Very cool looking old Mopar truck & love that tractor with the dual rear wheel set-up.
Posted By: Robbins

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 08/06/09 03:26 PM

Cool
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 09/15/09 06:28 PM

do you know what rotors they use to put disc brakes on a 37 axle??? Ron...

I just sent him an email
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/22/09 09:47 AM

Think they have parts for 41' plymouth?
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/22/09 11:26 PM

I don't have experience with his products, but he has very good feedback. I defer all questions to him.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/23/09 02:46 AM

Quote:

Think they have parts for 41' plymouth?

His "kits" consist of caliper brackets, the bearing spacer, and bolts to mount the caliper bracket. Then he gives you a list of parts and numbers from several auto parts chains so you can save money and buy your parts where ever you find the best prices. You do have to retap the bottom spindle bolt holes to a 5/8" fine thread. (He used to offer to do that for you for a fee, if you send him your spindles.) The 39 was the "old" style spindle, and when I was done, the spindle bearing nut and cotter key was real close to the end of the spindle, but it seemed to work OK.

I have install his kits on a 39 Plymouth and a 47 plymouth, both of which had different spindles and contained different parts and different lists. I think he can make you a special kit for a specific application if you need one. He will work with you to be sure everything works. I would do business with him again. Gene
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/23/09 03:33 AM

I sent him an email and he sent me this about what rotors to use. Ron...

"The rotor is a Volare/Aspen part, the calipers are GM late 70s Camaro. Bearings are for the Volare rotor."
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/23/09 09:33 AM

That looks like a very do-able kit. The Master
Power kit requires you to send them youe axle and wait 2 weeks. By the time you ship it there and back, could almost be a month to get them back.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/25/09 07:36 PM

Quote:

That looks like a very do-able kit. The Master
Power kit requires you to send them youe axle and wait 2 weeks. By the time you ship it there and back, could almost be a month to get them back.

Tapping out those 5/8" fine thread holes requires a bit of effort. The spindles are not the most simple things to hold in a vice so you get the threads cut straight, and the required drill and tap can add up pretty quickly. But it is do-able, and those disc brakes work well. Gene
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/28/09 09:02 PM

I have used the kit for early Mopar cars pictured on his website. I got the kit from Plydo years ago.
It works really well, used 69 Fairlane rotors to get the 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern and late 70's mid size GM calipers. I did not tap out the holes, installed helicoil instead. Good thing about the stock calipers is Wilwood makes a light weight replacement, GMIII, for various discs thickness. I love this stuff!!
Posted By: Not_A_Blazer

Re: Disc brake site back up! - 10/30/09 01:48 AM

Thanks for the link,that dual carb manifold conversion doesn't look like a bad deal.
© 2024 Moparts Forums