Moparts

This FCG Episode was on last night

Posted By: dart4forte

This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/17/20 05:07 PM

One of the better episodes of Full Custom Garage. Guess the owner, Tommy traded it for a fat fender Ford

Attached picture 62B83EFB-8DE6-470D-AABF-ED7E59BAA339.jpeg
Attached picture A1A97A4F-FB37-4359-81DE-3D3CE1C6F303.jpeg
Attached picture 50D58999-BE6C-4029-808D-DC5BF6D62681.jpeg
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/18/20 04:21 AM

I'd like to see some of his work in person. It just seems that he's really haphazard in how he does things. I remember I saw the DeLorean from the Back to the Future movies and that is a great 20 footer but up close it was crude. I just wonder how his work looks up close.
Posted By: topside

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/18/20 04:23 PM

Vehicles built for movies & TV are often pretty crude, as the camera doesn't pick up somedetails.
Plus it's usually done on a tight schedule, and anything that happens during filming needs fixing NOW.
I liked that episode of FCG, but the angles on that truck are Veed into the cowl area, and exaggerated by that grille shell.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/19/20 12:41 AM

The truck looks broken or bent at the firewall. It goes uphill towards the back, and it goes up hill towards the grille. It happens a lot, but that one shows up pretty dramatically.
Its probably a fun ride and drives great, it just doesn't look right to me, but I suppose that is my problem, not his.

As far as crude, all my junk is crude, you don't have to look at it if you don't want to. Often times, a bit crude is a lot more fun, you don't have to worry about getting a paint chip. Gene
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/25/20 07:48 PM

It does look bent! Could be an optical illusion. shruggy

I like the look of the truck, and would drive the Wheels off it.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/25/20 08:29 PM

The "bent look" is probably caused by the way the body and box are set on the frame. Its very likely the frame is perfectly straight, but the body and box have a nose down mounting, and he failed to keep the grille and radiator height on the same plain,. The radiator height is probably 2" - 3" too high. Its easy to make that mistake, especially if you can't get far enough away from it when the body is set on the frame, or if you get in a hurry when its time to install the radiator. The fix could be as easy as lowering the radiator, or it could be a lot more complex.

I see it happen often, and it seldom gets fixed by the original builder. Sometimes the next owner fixes it, and the truck takes on an entirely different appearance. Some people like the look, and that is OK as well, its their ride. I'd have to fix it if it was mine. Gene
Posted By: Sniper

Re: This FCG Episode was on last night - 12/25/20 08:42 PM

Looking at the gaps, it doesn't look bent
© 2024 Moparts Forums