Moparts

Hotrod Radiators???

Posted By: Rallye_Boy

Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/13/09 03:55 PM

Looking for suggestions on where to look for a radiator that will fit a 28 model A shell that has been chopped down 3.5 inchs
Posted By: B1arno

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/14/09 03:28 PM

Try Walker Radiator Works. www.walkerradiatorworks.com They are pricey but make just about anything. I bought a radiator from them for a 32 Ford that was cut down 3".
Arno
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/15/09 03:37 PM

I agree that a custom-built is the right way to go. It's winter right now, but come summer, there will be a post a day about overheating. Getting the right parts makes a difference!
That said, I've heard that an early mustang radiator is a good start for modifying one to fit.

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/16/09 01:39 PM

Thanks guys, I will look into the walkers. I do want aluminum....does walker make aluminum radiators?
Posted By: B1arno

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/16/09 02:33 PM

I don't believe Walker makes aluminum radiators.
Arno

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/16/09 04:24 PM

That's what I thought too. I am gonna look into the early mustang thing too.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/17/09 01:24 AM

Unless you have deep pockets and / or don't care, I would saty away from Walker and similar companies. They have great products but ridiculous prices. I have used the 64-66 Mustang radiaor with very good results. Be sure to get the heavy duty unit made for A/C. There are some Ford tractor radiators that also work well. Both of these products can be had at NAPA.

- EM

Re: Hotrod Radiators??? - 03/17/09 01:23 PM

Thanks for the info. My pockets are very shallow lately
© 2024 Moparts Forums