Moparts

Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW

Posted By: RUMBLON

Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/10/16 05:56 AM

If I was made of money I would buy this.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5674803205.html
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/10/16 05:59 AM

Is that drive shaft going to hold up?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/10/16 02:48 PM

I'd have some concern on those drive shaft angles. The front one looks to be way more then the 30 degrees a u-joint can handle, and the rear joint looks to be nearly straight. I suspect there is some major drive line vibration going on there. Probably why "some mechanical skills are required to finish this build". They screwed up the drive shaft angles and don't know how to fix it, or it will be a major pita to fix it.

That's a lot of money for something not yet road worthy, on a new build. Makes me wonder what else they screwed up. Gene
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/10/16 03:19 PM

Looks like in the quest to get it to set as low as possible they sacrificed everything, including the ability to drive it.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/11/16 04:50 AM

There is a price to pay to get things as low as possible! Gene
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/11/16 04:57 AM

I wonder what the frame was from originally?It is some sort of OE manufacture with tubes added and possibly an aftermarket independent front grafted on.Welds look a little...thick maybe? Nice trailing arms on it.
Posted By: Webster

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/25/16 04:10 AM

Wow !!
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Any thoughts on this 47 DODGE CUMMINS TRUCK? WOW - 07/27/16 04:43 PM

In the pics where the driveshaft angle at the diff looks flat I don't think the engine is in. Driveshaft angles don't look to horrific in my novice opinion, no worse than what they were in my 78 Warlock I had and that had no vibrations. It is a very sweet truck and well worth the money IMO
© 2024 Moparts Forums