Moparts

ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL!

Posted By: RUMBLON

ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 09:29 PM

Got the 38 unloaded and all the parts put away. Thought I would mess around with soe rims and tires. I didnt know the old front rims would be 4 1/2 a pleasant surprise.

Like the look, almost makes me want to go \
GASSERRRRR STYLE.

ok, I know I am probably wearing out the 38s posts but I am like a new father with this one and the posibilities are endless, unlike the muscle cars. DREAMING about it is Half the fun! NO????

Dave

Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 10:09 PM

Thats what is so cool about rods.
dropped on the ground,raised in the air,full fendered,fenderless,gasser style, streetrod style, primered or painted Its all good the hard part is deciding how you want to build it Ron...

this one is pretty cool for a fenderless car

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 10:17 PM

Go gasser style!!! That 38 is wicked
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 10:53 PM

Quote:

Thats what is so cool about rods.
dropped on the ground,raised in the air,full fendered,fenderless,gasser style, streetrod style, primered or painted Its all good the hard part is deciding how you want to build it Ron...

this one is pretty cool for a fenderless car

Ron, I am going ful fendered on this one because its all there and completley nice.

However I am now addicted to this era and am waiting out the guy with the 37 body. sooner or later its mine for $800 or less. That one will be a gasser fenderless and one like the one in your pic would be a nice THIRD one.

Lets face it, I love my muscle cars, but you can enscribe your personality into these and not destroy the car or value!!! THEY CAN BECOME YOUR ALTER EGO-

LAWFISH
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 11:07 PM

One more thing to consider; When you get bored just looking at it, roll it out in the sun and take some good side shots from a ways back. Then open it up in Paint, crank up the contrast and brightness, then change it to B&W. Print out a few copies and you can go nuts with stance, rake, chopping, even colors!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/29/08 11:51 PM

Quote:

ok, I know I am probably wearing out the 38s posts but I am like a new father with this one and the posibilities are endless, unlike the muscle cars. DREAMING about it is Half the fun! NO????

EXACTLY why I made the switch, Dave. I love, and always will, the musclecars I have had, but the fact remains that it's not 1975. Everything I do to those cars has too much potential to hurt their value, not to mention that the cost of even driver quality parts gets higher and higher by the day.

On the other hand, I buy a 56 Dodge 2-door sedan, which to my pleasant surprise already HAS a straight axle under it, and everything I do to this car is fun. I never have to apologize to anyone for cutting and hacking etc a "collectible". It's part of history is equally as cool done the way I will as it would be done to factory specs. I am addicted to the rods now!

Very cool car, BTW. Glad you got it in the stable...
Posted By: dogdays

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 05/30/08 09:31 PM

Heck, even the 3/4 ton trucks of the '30s and maybe'40s were 5 on 4.5 circle.
Nice car, keep the engine choice sane and it'll be a decent driver.

R.
Posted By: DusterKrazy

Re: ITS EASY TO MAKE THESE LOOK COOL! - 06/03/08 04:49 AM

I love muscle to but I get tired of everybody b*tching about #'s this and #'s that
© 2024 Moparts Forums