Moparts

Heat and Air

Posted By: moparpollack

Heat and Air - 06/18/14 02:57 AM

Looking to put a heat and air unit in the Plymouth pick up. Anyone running the v pump or are they a waste of time? Working on a budget so if there are any deals out there post them up!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Heat and Air - 06/18/14 03:20 AM

the round "sanden" type compressor is easier to package than the old v type pump, plus it is almost half as heavy. all the heat/ac kits offered for retrofit are packaged with the sanden pump for those reasons. unless you are restoring something, the new pump is the way to go. also, unless you are real handy at fabbing stuff, the kits are the only way to go. you will be time and money ahead. there are tons of little things needed to make a "mix-n-match" system work. just my opinion.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Heat and Air - 06/24/14 01:55 AM

if on a budget a geo metro heater/ac box may be the cheapest pickapart unit to get...
Posted By: Flipper1938

Re: Heat and Air - 06/24/14 04:15 AM

Quote:

if on a budget a geo metro heater/ac box may be the cheapest pickapart unit to get...

What is so wonderful about those units? Any other late model stuff that makes sense to swap into a rod?
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Heat and Air - 06/24/14 07:16 AM

the old V type robs a lot of horse power,,get a complete system from a donor car or truck,,,and adaprt it to fit,,,may cost a lot less in the long run a friend of mine is gonna do hat in a 40 ply coupe,,,

Re: Heat and Air - 06/25/14 04:16 AM

Update....Randy at Bouchilon Performance is hooking me up with a compressor and brackets. A friend is a dealer of old air products and I am going with a hurricane unit that mounts to the firewall.

The geo metro is a great hvac unit but you just can't find them.

It's more expensive to go this way but it's only money!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Heat and Air - 06/25/14 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What is so wonderful about those units? Any other late model stuff that makes sense to swap into a rod?

I suspect since the Geo Metro is a small car low power car, the unit under the dash, and the ac compressor would both be rather small. Gene

Re: Heat and Air - 06/25/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I suspect since the Geo Metro is a small car low power car, the unit under the dash, and the ac compressor would both be rather small. Gene

These were popular in Phoenix back in the day. The compressor is the size of a starter and you can mount them low.

Re: Heat and Air - 07/01/14 04:44 AM

they are in a compact easy to use box like vintage air....
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Heat and Air - 07/01/14 05:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I got a question, can the compressor and evaporator be too big for the under dash unit? In others words can you mix and match or does it need to be a matched package?

Re: Heat and Air - 07/01/14 04:38 PM

yes they need to match and somewhere there must be a formula----mopar and ford have had the most success--and gm under duress will blow hot air ---dont know how suzuki stacks up....
© 2024 Moparts Forums