Moparts

Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!!

Posted By: RodStRace

Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/26/08 03:11 PM

Saw this and thought I'd share.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267736&showall=1

I don't have power in the new garage yet, but do have some of those old trouble lights. They are all going in the trash today!
I've had them pop many times, but nothing like this. I figure I've already played the odds on this stuff....
Posted By: 33Plymouth

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/27/08 09:20 AM

THANK YOU!! for the post
Posted By: moparx

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/27/08 11:48 AM

i can't agree more !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/28/08 06:10 AM

I've been fortunate over the years, but I also wasted no time getting flourescent (and now LED) lights in the shop when I became aware of the hazards the incandescent ones can be.
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/29/08 11:38 PM

So, just the regular drop lights with normal bulbs can do that?????

I have several of them time to get some more modern ones.

thanks for the info.

LAWFISH
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/30/08 12:54 AM

Should this be moved over to the other sections on the board? I'm pretty sure us street rodders are not the only ones that have these old lights around. Gene
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 05/31/08 02:15 PM

Sorry, but the drop light was just the last factor in a string of stupid mistakes.

Steve
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 06/02/08 08:55 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but the drop light was just the last factor in a string of stupid mistakes.

Steve

True, but even with the other mistakes, this wouldn't have happened if he'd been using a flourescent or LED light...
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 06/04/08 01:24 PM

Quote:

Should this be moved over to the other sections on the board? I'm pretty sure us street rodders are not the only ones that have these old lights around. Gene

I was going to post it in General, but that isn't visible to all. Figured the old car guys were most likely, and you guys are the ones I talk to most...
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 06/04/08 10:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Steve

True, but even with the other mistakes, this wouldn't have happened if he'd been using a flourescent or LED light...

Bulbs and flameable liquids dont mix.
Posted By: 1E2C

Re: Get RID Of Your Incandesent Trouble Lights!!! - 06/05/08 07:24 AM

I've posted similar in the past, time to rehash it though. I lost a project car in a fire due to the same issue in a high school body shop but the worst part was two students were lost due to smoke inhalation. AND the student was told up front to NOT open that gas tank with that incandescent trouble light under there. Bad memories with this one, and it's been a lot of years, that was in 78.
Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums