Moparts

Tilt front end

Posted By: barracudabob

Tilt front end - 11/20/12 05:10 AM

Anyone ever make their own tilt front end? I'm working on a '51 Dodge truck, and am toying with the idea of making the front fenders and hood tiltable. Any advice? Thanks in advance, Bob
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Tilt front end - 11/20/12 02:47 PM

No I haven't,but I want to tilt my 56 Plymouth so I'll be watching your post ,,,thanks

Attached picture 7469405-018.JPG
Posted By: B1arno

Re: Tilt front end - 11/21/12 03:57 AM

I have done one with a one piece fiberglas frontend. I bought a kit from Chassis Engineering. It was a cut to fit deal with plates that were pop rivited and then glassed to the front end. Tubing was welded between the plates and the pivot mounted to the frame. It was pretty straight forward with the glass front end. I would think it would need to be more substantial if you are using steel fenders and hood. Possibly needing hydraulic assists to open. I will try and answer any other questions you may have.
Arno
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Tilt front end - 11/21/12 04:22 AM

Quote:

I have done one with a one piece fiberglas frontend. I bought a kit from Chassis Engineering. It was a cut to fit deal with plates that were pop rivited and then glassed to the front end. Tubing was welded between the plates and the pivot mounted to the frame. It was pretty straight forward with the glass front end. I would think it would need to be more substantial if you are using steel fenders and hood.

Here is a variation, on the same thing. This one pulls forward, then tilts. That way the bottom of the front fenders don't come into contact with the doors.
Mark

Attached picture 7470313-HPIM2616.JPG
Posted By: B1arno

Re: Tilt front end - 11/21/12 04:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have done one with a one piece fiberglas frontend. I bought a kit from Chassis Engineering. It was a cut to fit deal with plates that were pop rivited and then glassed to the front end. Tubing was welded between the plates and the pivot mounted to the frame. It was pretty straight forward with the glass front end. I would think it would need to be more substantial if you are using steel fenders and hood.

Here is a variation, on the same thing. This one pulls forward, then tilts. That way the bottom of the front fenders don't come into contact with the doors.
Mark

I don't want to hijack the thread but, Mark, your car is awesome!
Arno
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Tilt front end - 11/21/12 04:44 AM

Thanks Arno.

Looking forward to updates on your coupe too.

Mark
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: Tilt front end - 11/22/12 02:06 AM

http://www.allwayshotrods.com/fgallery/5

might find some ideas here.
© 2024 Moparts Forums