Moparts

ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT???

Posted By: Labratt

ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 09:49 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my rocker arm shaft supports and spacer springs over the winter. My current set-up is a MP blue aluminum block supports,and spring spacers. I'd like to go with something more DURABLE. I sent the set-up to RAS a few yrs ago,and they bronze-bushed the rockers..replaced all the adjusting hardware,and banana-grooved the oil holes on the shafts. I run a .620 lift(1.6 rockers)/266 duration SQ solid flat tappet Comp cam in a 440. I shift at 62-6300 rpm,and trap at 67-6800 rpm. Thanks in advance for your help! Randy B.

Attached picture 6942198-DSC01014(Small).JPG
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 10:05 PM

http://www.billetracingparts.com/Mopar%20Rocker%20Hold%20Downs.html
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 10:05 PM

Whats wrong with those Randy... I would run a steel
.015 rocker arm spacer next to the alum hold downs
to protect them from wear
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 10:33 PM

Hughes has some nice ones
Posted By: 383man

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 10:36 PM

Randy these are Hughes rockers and all their holdown hardware. Works great for me. Ton

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/29/11 11:12 PM

Quote:

Whats wrong with those Randy... I would run a steel
.015 rocker arm spacer next to the alum hold downs
to protect them from wear

Also ditch the springs for a solid spacer and set your side clearance .
Posted By: AndyF

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/30/11 01:34 AM

Those aluminum hold downs wear out really quickly if you don't have a hardened shim between the rocker arm and the hold down. I learned that lesson once myself!

Low buck setup is to just put some hard shims in there. You should also have hard shims on the other side of the rocker arms between the spring and the rocker. Total cost for that upgrade is just a few bucks for a pack of shims.

Better upgrade is to put the nice steel hold downs on there that Hughes sells. Even with the steel hold downs you should use a hard shim on each side of the rocker arm.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/30/11 02:45 AM

Quote:

Those aluminum hold downs wear out really quickly if you don't have a hardened shim between the rocker arm and the hold down. I learned that lesson once myself!

Low buck setup is to just put some hard shims in there. You should also have hard shims on the other side of the rocker arms between the spring and the rocker. Total cost for that upgrade is just a few bucks for a pack of shims.

Better upgrade is to put the nice steel hold downs on there that Hughes sells. Even with the steel hold downs you should use a hard shim on each side of the rocker arm.

One stop shopping at Mancini for the Hughes hold down kit and spacer kit with shims to center the rocker on the valve stems
Gus

Attached picture 6942665-007.JPG

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 11/30/11 04:54 AM

Thanks Andy..Gus! Looks like that Hughes set-up is the way to go! Gus,is that the set-up on your 493? Do you remember what you paid for them? I'll be in Mancini's neighborhood soon enough!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/01/11 01:36 AM

Yes Randy that is a pic of my 493 with RAS prepped Isky rockers with RAS shafts and the Hughes hold down kit with studs.
I used the kit from Mancini MREHU7442 and just drove over to the Harland Sharp factory/shop with a head and the rockers and they checked out what I was doing and sold me the spacers and shims for $30.00 I got more shims and spacers than I needed.It's nice they are only about 45 minutes from my house.All you really have to do is measure the space between the rockers and order the proper spacer kit from Mancini.
Gus

Attached picture 6944216-002-2.JPG

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/01/11 06:42 PM

Pretty sure the Hughes holddowns are RAS hold downs. I bought my first set from Hughes and have another set that came with a set of ductiles I bought that were just done by RAS .

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/01/11 09:34 PM

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/01/11 11:15 PM

... John,what problem did you have with them?

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/02/11 01:49 PM

Quote:

... John,what problem did you have with them?

No problems

Someone either made a post a mod did not like and it was deleted , or someone deleted their post ???

Move along , nothing to see ...

Re: ROCKER ARM PARTS REPLACEMENT??? - 12/02/11 04:32 PM

Gotcha!
© 2024 Moparts Forums