Moparts

My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: W8n2DustU

My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 07:32 PM

Here are a few photos of my new aluminum R4 block. It has a 9.6 deck height and a 4.19 bore. Not sure which power adder I am going with yet. Maybe the new FX1 Procharger and a gear drive. And maybe not. Heads are the new Aussie castings. Will be two months before I get them. What do you think????

Attached picture 6940383-R4block.jpg

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 07:33 PM

another

Attached picture 6940386-R4block2.jpg
Posted By: mafo

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 07:33 PM

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 07:34 PM

Heads

Attached picture 6940388-P5HeadAssSmall.jpg

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 07:41 PM

LSM did all the block work. Uses .937 Keyway lifters. Getting a intake may be fun since its the only 9.6 decked R4 block I've ever seen or heard of. Came with two Milidon geardrives. Couldn't pass it up.

Attached picture 6940395-Geardrive.jpg
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 08:05 PM

Can't F with money.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 08:28 PM

Where do you get an all aluminum small block R4....Very nice by the way, but a low deck hemi would have been cheaper.

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/28/11 08:43 PM

Quote:

Where do you get an all aluminum small block R4....Very nice by the way, but a low deck hemi would have been cheaper.

No it wouldn't have been cheaper. I got the block and two geardrives for 6K. I also have most of the parts for the shortblock already since I am a smallblock guy. lol. The heads cost the same as the last set of Stage V Millinium heads I purchased years ago. Plus it will be about 75# lighter and I dont need alot of cubic inches. Will fit in a new challenger alot better as well. Apparently Ma Mopar was planning on some killer stuff with the P5 head when PS Truck got canned by NHRA. I know they made this one and a 9.0 deck block. I would have bought both if I could have. Other one was sold already.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 12:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No it wouldn't have been cheaper. I got the block and two geardrives for 6K. I also have most of the parts for the shortblock already since I am a smallblock guy. lol. The heads cost the same as the last set of Stage V Millinium heads I purchased years ago. Plus it will be about 75# lighter and I dont need alot of cubic inches. Will fit in a new challenger alot better as well. Apparently Ma Mopar was planning on some killer stuff with the P5 head when PS Truck got canned by NHRA. I know they made this one and a 9.0 deck block. I would have bought both if I could have. Other one was sold already.

The other block is real close to me!!!!

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 12:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The other block is real close to me!!!!

Is it next to you? Or just down the street???
Posted By: STEFF

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 12:44 AM

Now that's some cool stuff!! Good Luck with it Marty!
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 12:49 AM

9.600" Aluminum R-4 AND NEW P-5 HEMI heads?

BAD ASS!

Keep us posted.

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 01:05 AM

It's down the skreet,LOL
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 02:18 AM

Top of the small block food chain.....
Posted By: Leon441

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 02:24 AM

That is some real nice looking stuff.

Just one problem with having the only one.

NO MISHAPS PLEASE.

Best of luck

Leon
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 02:41 AM

the 9.60" deck is the cats meow ...420" with forced induction..sounds mighty good to me..
the 9.0" deck always turned me off..fwiw.

those heads are foreign to me though..

ill be following along this one

cheapst
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 02:44 AM

yeah! Can we see the ports????
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 03:54 AM

Quote:

LSM did all the block work. Uses .937 Keyway lifters. Getting a intake may be fun since its the only 9.6 decked R4 block I've ever seen or heard of. Came with two Milidon geardrives. Couldn't pass it up.

Hello,Mr Hogan,I need an intake manifold to hold a boatload of BOOST
Posted By: cold85

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 02:39 PM

shocker
Posted By: Pat7272

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 03:28 PM

Quote:

9.600" Aluminum R-4 AND NEW P-5 HEMI heads?

BAD ASS!

YES!! This is pretty much the ultimate SBM ccombo - or any small block for that matter!
Posted By: Pat7272

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 03:58 PM

Details on the heads?

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 07:20 PM

Cross section

Attached picture 6942016-P5_Section_01_small.jpg

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

shocker

Chad you know anything about that block!!! LOL
Posted By: redruM

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 11:01 PM

Wow

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/29/11 11:25 PM

Hans Fussle from Azle Texas is going to do the honors of building the beast for me. Should hit the dyno by the end of February if all goes as planned. I hope it makes some crazy power. Mike Roth was given the call for building the new Challenger for me. We are going to install a 25.3 chassis and all the Dragpak tricks. How does flat black with red stripes sound?

Attached picture 6942350-R4block3.png
Posted By: joshking440

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 12:25 AM

Quote:

Cross section

that so bad as$ looking, im not sure i can even make out what im looking at
Posted By: tubtar

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 12:43 AM

That is going to be a real brute.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out............and feeling substantially better about my decision go do a W-9 motor.........fiscally.
This may well be the ultimate small block.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 12:48 AM

Marty, great mill!! If you have some time this week, please give me a shout. I'd like to keep you using FireCore50 wires, and I wanted to know your routing thoughts with those heads and custom headers. Thanks. What ignition are you planning on?
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 01:01 AM

Quote:

Hans Fussle from Azle Texas is going to do the honors of building the beast for me. Should hit the dyno by the end of February if all goes as planned. I hope it makes some crazy power. Mike Roth was given the call for building the new Challenger for me. We are going to install a 25.3 chassis and all the Dragpak tricks. How does flat black with red stripes sound?

Hans Feustel and Roth are top guys. That thing is going to rock.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 01:42 AM

Been awile since I've seen a build on here so over the top cool! Looking forward to the step by step posts........PLEASE!!

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 02:07 AM

Quote:

Been awile since I've seen a build on here so over the top cool! Looking forward to the step by step posts........PLEASE!!

I will keep everyone posted for sure. Just wont be able to give out the specifics. Some things are better left untold! Lol. Heads are on order, crank will be ordered as soon as Hans gets the block and we decide on cubic inches. I am actually getting excited about racing again.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 02:07 AM

Quote:

Red Stripes yes! No Flat Black Marty. I think that whole flat black trend pretty played out. Gloss Black NEVER goes out of style!!!!!!
Posted By: fishy340

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 02:13 AM

what ya do with ur other piece?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 02:17 AM

Sounds like a killer project. So does this mean the Duster has a new home?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 04:18 AM

Nice
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 04:35 AM

Quote:

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 04:00 PM

Quote:

what ya do with ur other piece?

give me a jingle and I can hook you up with it for a smoking deal. It will hit RJ, the Bullet, and here today in the for sale section. Duster is heading to NY as a roller.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 06:14 PM

thats

looking forward to any updates on this build

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 07:40 PM

Quote:

Marty, great mill!! If you have some time this week, please give me a shout. I'd like to keep you using FireCore50 wires, and I wanted to know your routing thoughts with those heads and custom headers. Thanks. What ignition are you planning on?

Routing will be simple, Right into the top of the valve cover. Just like a Hemi99. I am sure it will be all MSD and of course BS3. I will be glad to put your wires on it! Especially if they are donated to the "Marty is out of his mind for building this FUND"! LOL
Posted By: cudarex

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 08:49 PM

Marty, are you buying a new Challenger and stripping it? When does Mike project delivery, I'm sure he's plenty busy.

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 09:35 PM

To bad Rick does not make a plug boot for those heads. I think he needs to as I would like a set myself

BTW what is the smoking deal on the old powerpplant. Looks liek we need to head a new direction as well so looking around

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 11/30/11 11:03 PM

Quote:

To bad Rick does not make a plug boot for those heads. I think he needs to as I would like a set myself

BTW what is the smoking deal on the old powerpplant. Looks liek we need to head a new direction as well so looking around

I am sure for a nominal fee he could make a few sets! He can sale them to the Aussies if he makes enough. Of course I need a few free sets to test...... LOL

Attached picture 6943953-031.jpg
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 12/01/11 04:11 AM

Marty, I don't understand. Any pics of other engines like yours? Is it a Hemi head? It is true, we do not make sets for 4.9 bore-spaced Hemi99's. Sorry.

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 12/01/11 06:14 AM

Rick, Maybe this will help.

Here is Marty's head

Here is mine

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 12/01/11 01:12 PM

Al the heads are very close. Great comparison for sure. Rick, here is a pic of mine with valve covers on.

Attached picture 6945003-Blackberrypics007.jpg
Posted By: ram87

Re: My new Drag Radial Bullet pieces!!!!!!!!!! - 12/01/11 03:29 PM

Marty, where are you going to race this thing once you get it built. Any drag radial classes close? I still don't have the engine built for the little black truck and haven't even started the big orange one in four years. Guess I'm getting old.

Attached picture 6945125-orange21.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums