Moparts

Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have

Posted By: Scamp451

Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 08:00 PM

I don't remember seeing anything about this car, but it is pretty cool. Seems a lot of Comp Eliminator guys seem to think outside of the box on what they run. Kinda neat really.

Attached picture 6935755-66622_440264381874_286832226874_5607515_7242123_n.jpg

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 08:01 PM

... another.

Attached picture 6935757-67481_440264471874_286832226874_5607519_4461741_n.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 08:23 PM

oh boy, don't let slantzilla see this
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 09:04 PM

What the he!! is that thing?!?
Posted By: hemicop

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:03 PM

There used to be quite a few 6-cyl. cars in Comp back in the day. With today's technology & wish I had the bucks to build a wild /6. I know of a trick 4-cyl. Ford combo using quite a few stock parts for a 400 cu. ins. I'm thinking if trying when I sell off an iold racecar. My guess on it would be 300-350hp n/a for a really cool/trick street motor.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:10 PM

Quote:

Half a hemi....
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:15 PM

Anyone notice the cross-flow head? And the plugs on the wrong side? Not sure what that is---is it a Jeep engine? I see the belt or cam driven distributor too.

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Half a hemi....

Looks more like two of those 4 cylinders welded together with a cylinder removed from each end or one cut in half with the center 2 cylinders from another welded together. It ain't no regular slant 6 that's for sure!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:30 PM

my guess its one of those Aussie HEMI 6 bangers..

I was looking around and the Australian slant and the straight inline hemi 6 do not have cross flow heads...thats a weird one plus the engine is slanted the other way unless the photo is reversed..

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:39 PM

Quote:

my guess its one of those Aussie HEMI 6 bangers..

If you look close it looks to be aluminum and it has Mopar in blue lettering like the 4 banger half a small block has. There are versions for wedge heads and the P5 head which that appears to be. Just a guess though.

Oops, I meant the blue freeze plugs...
Posted By: rebel

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:39 PM

nah! ain't one of our Hemi 6's, they weren't crossflow or slant.

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:45 PM

Plus it's slanted the other way like the 4 lunger is.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:50 PM

a few years back, I saw a rear engined dragster that had a big Ford straight 6...I looked closer and here he had Cleveland heads...they had cut the heads and welded them together to make a straight 6 and then machined them...it looked so factory..

you maybe right here that they took two heads to make the one...would that picture be reversed? as far as the slant goes or is that another trick engineering job ...

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 10:54 PM

Quote:

a few years back, I saw a rear engined dragster that had a big Ford straight 6...I looked closer and here he had Cleveland heads...they had cut the heads and welded them together to make a straight 6 and then machined them...it looked so factory..

you maybe right here that they took two heads to make the one...would that picture be reversed? as far as the slant goes or is that another trick engineering job ...

It's not reversed, the lettering isn't. That was the first thing I looked for but I can read upside down in a mirror too so...
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 11:03 PM

I noticed the slant to be reversed too. Checked the lettering to see if it to was reversed, nope.
Posted By: drago

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 11:20 PM

Internet search -

"MOPAR powered Inline 6/P5 Hemi I/AA Comp Eliminator entry. The engine is an engineering marvel that started life as 2 mopar 4 cyl USAC sprint car blocks and 2 mopar P5 Hemi heads in his 2 car garage. John cut, welded together and partially machined both the heads and block with lazer like accuracy using common tools and without cnc equipment. Since his engine is essentially a unicorn John had to design, engineer and fabricate EVERYTHING from rocker stands, oilpan, belt drive, intake manifold to the simplist of brackets because these parts just don't exist."

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/25/11 11:21 PM

Actually, most all of you figured it out. I think it is really neat, but this guy went through a great deal of pain and coin to do this. My question is, why stop at 6 cylinders, make it an in-line 8 instead of throwing away a couple cylinders and chopping a 1/4 off 2 heads to get 6? Either way, it truly is a wicked engineering effort. Won best engineered car at a National event last year.

More redigested info:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289099

Re: Here is the Slant 6 that I would like to have - 11/26/11 02:10 AM

Quote:

Actually, most all of you figured it out. I think it is really neat, but this guy went through a great deal of pain and coin to do this. My question is, why stop at 6 cylinders, make it an in-line 8 instead of throwing away a couple cylinders and chopping a 1/4 off 2 heads to get 6? Either way, it truly is a wicked engineering effort. Won best engineered car at a National event last year.

More redigested info:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289099

That my friends is the essence of hot rodding and a labor of love. More power to him and I hope he conquers the world with it!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums