Moparts

Blow through big block.. Jetting ?

Posted By: HOTMOPR

Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/24/11 03:23 AM

My set up is a 493" 8.5-1 with a 980 holley. Can anyone give me a idea where to start with the jetting? I have the carb set up to run well N/A right now. Do I just add a bunch to the secondaries and go from there? It will have a uego on it so I will be able to monitor the AFRs. Any help would be great!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/24/11 06:07 AM

my dominator on e-85 is jetted 97ish
Posted By: CUUDAK

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/24/11 04:51 PM

Quote:

My set up is a 493" 8.5-1 with a 980 holley. Can anyone give me a idea where to start with the jetting? I have the carb set up to run well N/A right now. Do I just add a bunch to the secondaries and go from there? It will have a uego on it so I will be able to monitor the AFRs. Any help would be great!

Start with 10 over your n/a setup then jet down as needed. I know you are doing the Hanger18 mods but leave the air bleeds alone until you have some data. Once you get the afr gauge installed then you will get a baseline then you can start playing with the jetting, accelerator pump cams,air bleeds and so on. With a 980 you may not even have to touch the air bleeds! Remember, you don't need as much carb when boosted. Just for giggles if you have an 850 laying around put that on it and see what happens but not before you get that Uego hooked up!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/24/11 05:50 PM

how much boost? power valve? if yes How big is the powervalve passage? Street? race only?

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/24/11 07:20 PM

Quote:

how much boost? power valve? if yes How big is the powervalve passage? Street? race only?

probably 15-18 max. What do you mean by the passage? is that the holes I need to drill behind the PV? I am doing the hanger18 mods.. yes power valve unless I hear different. Its mostly race but I want to be able to throw some pump petrol in it and hit the cruise night.

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/25/11 02:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

probably 15-18 max. What do you mean by the passage? is that the holes I need to drill behind the PV? I am doing the hanger18 mods.. yes power valve unless I hear different. Its mostly race but I want to be able to throw some pump petrol in it and hit the cruise night.

Ok i just found the hangar18 mods. yes do what he says there, use a 6.5HF power valve. and start with 68/86 jetting. (gas correct?) should get you close.

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/25/11 06:20 AM

yes gas. Thanks! by the way what are you running in the dart? Stock block? how much boost/ Just curious what a stock block will handle? I am sure my components are good for more than the block can handle.

Re: Blow through big block.. Jetting ? - 11/26/11 10:55 PM

nothing stock left on my car except the body
© 2024 Moparts Forums