Moparts

Question for Mopar_Rich

Posted By: RalleyA12

Question for Mopar_Rich - 11/20/11 03:11 AM

Hey Rich, I have a question for you. If I had a FAST EZ EFI on my car and wanted to up grade to a FAST XFI could I somehow use or transfer the fuel map from the EZ over to the XFI and save some of the hassle in tuning the XFI. Is there much difference in how they are wired ?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Question for Mopar_Rich - 11/20/11 03:39 AM

I will bet the answer to that is a big "NO"...but if there is a way to hook a computer to the EZ efi, that would be interesting to see...Besides, with XFI, you have to set up the timing and some other inputs to fire the engine, but once fired, it has the same learning ability for hitting the target AFR...
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Question for Mopar_Rich - 11/20/11 05:03 PM

Dragula is correct on all points. No there's no way to move an EZ VE table to the XFI. But if you car is running well with the EZ, and the learning has had a chance, then your target AF numbers are good. So you can use the same targets with the XFI.

The self learning algorithms for cruise and WOT that the XFI uses is the same as the EZ so it would still work. I'm thinking of writing up a step-by-step procedure for setting up the XFI "Cranking and After Start" fuel tables. It's not that hard.
Posted By: RalleyA12

Re: Question for Mopar_Rich - 11/20/11 06:50 PM

Thanks Rich, I didn't realize the XFI had the learning capability.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Question for Mopar_Rich - 11/21/11 01:22 AM

Version 2.0 is self learning, and only 2.0 is available now.

With self learning, my typical 3 to 4 hour tuning session on our engine dyno dropped to 30 minutes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums