Moparts

IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series...........

Posted By: joshking440

IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:21 AM

Would 3 great races be enough for the first year?

What would be the 3 tracks that you guys as racers would pick

What would be furthest you would travel (keep in mind payouts will be guaranteed)

For the Super Pro and Pro classes, what would be the most you would feel comfortable paying?

How would you like recognized at the end of the season? Cash, gift, party, free entry for the following year?

Keep in mind we are pretending here guys!!! I have some oppurtunities that I am working on that could be pretty good but I cant do this with 200 race cars and disgruntled customers (racers)
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:26 AM

Hi Josh,,,thanks for everything your doing.
I would personally like to see > 3 races,,,maybe 5-6 ?

Track choices....
-Norwalk
-Indy
-Columbus
-St Louis
-Beech Bend
-Milan

Posted By: n20mstr

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:27 AM

three races yes!

Indy, MapleGrove-or-E town, Kentucky-orRockingham-OR south??
Ohio area?? ( i know more than three, lol)

12-13 hours Pay me something please $$$ for gas

Cash or free entry
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:35 AM

Quote:

Hi Josh,,,thanks for everything your doing.
I would personally like to see > 3 races,,,maybe 5-6 ?

Track choices....
-Norwalk
-Indy
-Columbus
-St Louis
-Beech Bend
-Milan

I'm with him --- like to se a NSS Class but if not I'll race pro or sp

Russ

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:39 AM

If I were to do the series it would be a full race with all the classes

Super pro
pro
quick
nss
new hemi
sportsman
BobsProFab 10.5 Mopars

maybe a few more

3 will all I could probably handle my first year doing the series.....we would look to add after that.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:41 AM

columbus
norwalk
indy

Spring summer and fall races........the reason I never when to st louis was bcuz it was the week before norwalk.

I hope you can work it out so we dont have to pick between norwalk and monster mopar race.
Two big mopar races in back to back wknds is NO good.
Two Tracks in my racing bucket list would be

Thunder valley
Z-max

4 to 6 hr drive is enuff for me

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:42 AM

but would you drive 8 hours rick??? I know 6 is enough.....but 8 may be what it takes....just a question
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:47 AM

I would drive 8 hrs if there were plenty of time between events, and it was at top notch facility.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:50 AM

Quote:

but would you drive 8 hours rick??? I know 6 is enough.....but 8 may be what it takes....just a question

lightweights......

i drove 13 hrs straight to Indy...by myself and slept at the gate !!!

My kid slept the whole way..LOL

Posted By: sam64

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:52 AM

i can't really add any input as i'm from oklahoma,but from 1997-2009 i traveled 6.5 hours to mm in st louis 5 times.that was about as far as i could afford to go.i wish i could make a move a little farther east,more choices to race.oh well good luck with it.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:06 AM

Quote:

If I were to do the series it would be a full race with all the classes

Super pro
pro
quick
nss
new hemi
sportsman

maybe a few more

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:09 AM

ok ok ok Gary, I will add a class for old people to.....

Lincoln town cars and cadillac class maybe

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:10 AM

ohhhh.... you I get it now Gary....you deleted the heads up class from the quote....you big jokester you....
Posted By: rbkt65

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:13 AM

I believe that I made that statement on sept 9,2011.I offered indy,gateway,michigan and ohio or south.would make gateway last stop as it was original home of mmw.offer those that attend every one upto finals,1 or 2 free weekend passes or 1 race car free entry or????could be very interesting if not patterned after other two series.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:23 AM

Lets also think outside the box as well!!! We have to come up with things that people love to do/see that doesnt cost a billion dollars to pull off.

Bands, BBQs, BEER....BABES.....

man i like the letter B
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 05:03 AM

I really think 1 of the races should be held on the East Coast Indy, Norwalk and Columbus is a 10-12 hr ride easy... Just my There is a lot of racers here on the East Coast... I plan on going to Norwalk this yr God willing and I wanted to hit your Indy event...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 05:12 AM

Quote:

I really think 1 of the races should be held on the East Coast Indy, Norwalk and Columbus is a 10-12 hr ride easy... Just my There is a lot of racers here on the East Coast... I plan on going to Norwalk this yr God willing and I wanted to hit your Indy event...

leave the gun......take the cannolis,....

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 05:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

leave the gun......take the cannolis,....

LMAO... Lou Cabrazi sleeps with the fish....
Posted By: DakFink

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:10 AM

Just some suggestions: From some no-name races being put on that usually pack the House with Car counts and spectators."Standing room only"

Try to acquire some decent Cash sponsors for pay out.

Money talks! all the people saying they will only travel 6-8 hrs. You make the pay-out right and I bet they would go 10-12-14hrs.

I know a promoter in the South Pulling cars from upper New England states, Texas and California when he puts on a race.

Another idea is if the field is at least xx number of cars in a class entry fees are paid back for that class. Usually being 32-50+ cars on a 16-car field.

I understand your needing to only do 3 races the first year. I been talking to another promoter about pointers of doing something in Texas when I finally get out of the desert and these events take a lot of time and coordination on many levels. Even small events.

I'd suggest 3 major tracks in the given area and make them when things are slow at other tracks and events and for families.
1=Spring when the tracks open
2=End of summer
3=End of year before the track closes for Winter.

Maybe even reduce the Number of classes and be a bit creative with Classes. Make up your Own!!!

Be creative and Flamboyant with your advertising!!! Think old skool ads for drag racing (1960's) with Modern technology and Twists.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:24 AM

You payout like you did at Indy and I have no issue driving 8 hours.
Columbus always draws a crowd and is within 6-8 hours of a large majority of Mopars.
As far as the points go, I dont mind products but if a guy wins the deal he should be able to use most of the products that he wins.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:31 AM

I'd like to suggest at least one in the Cayman Islands or Aruba....... or both.
Posted By: VIPERDUST

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:40 AM

I hope you can fit in Martin, MI. One of the best tracks in the Midwest

Attached picture 6910648-milan11.jpg

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:47 AM

dak, i think you are crossing up some lines here....

its a bracket race, not a heads up deal for the most part.

and own monster mopar so I have a bit of experience under my belt now.

you are correct on the the south thing. I know Donald pulls racers from all over, but he does that with a 20k and 10k to win purses in 5 or 6 different classes. I happen to be meeting with him at PRI to look at doing a similar race in Indy. But also remember that outlaw races and Mopar races are not the same. Those guys all show up thinking they have a chance to win, so when the purse looks like his does
WINNER-20,000.00
RUNNER-UP-2,000.00
SEMI'S-1000.00
1/4'S-400.00
1/8'S-200.00
It doesnt matter how top loaded it is because people will come for that chance.

i do agree on your time line for sure...stay out of the hot weather!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:42 AM

Chicago.

Still a 8 hour drive, but would drag the car down for that.
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 11:48 AM

Point series could be iffy ,if your chasing a home track point series also .
Chasing a series with points = hows the weather, how far drive ,whats the prizes at end of series .

Wheres the banquet being held ?

I would really wait on a pts series ,run another year with couple of tracks .Get more feedback from racers ,showcars,swapmeet vendors .

Joliet
Gateway= 1st favorite
Beechbend
Memphis
Indy = 2nd favorite
My 6 hour drive .

The payouts are good ,better than any other series ever .

Another idea add another day to the racing weekend that would open more track time for those wanting track test time .And weather adjustment to run the program if needed .
DR

Attached picture 6910769-kcrace.jpg
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 12:47 PM

I would do 10-12 hours for a well run event. Milan, Norwalk, Beech Bend, whereever.

Milan really needs and could support a good Mopar event. They do have a Mopar Day, but it's always the Sat of Labor Day weekend, and that affects turnout.

Dennis
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 01:12 PM

For me it would be Milan, Norwalk, and Columbus or Indy.
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 01:46 PM

josh dont forget the east coast guys maple grove is a great track and a good mopar stronghold as far as the b word why not all four? if they are run half as good as indy you will have a faithful following
Posted By: Dartin

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 01:57 PM

I'm definitely interested in attending something at Milan, Norwalk, Martin, Indy, Columbus. Thanks for trying to make something cool for us Mopar guys!

Randy
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:08 PM

Norwalk
Indy
Pittsburgh
Beaver Springs
Quaker City(Salem Ohio)
Any of the three for the first season.
Good payouts
A lot of venders
Good sponsers
Posted By: julian2007

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:14 PM

Columbus
Indy
Norwalk
points champ gets 1000.00, free entires and a one year supply of BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me get this strait you are asking if we would want hot babes there????? In the words of Keith McKeller " skinny what the he!! is wrong with you????????????? That's like asking if we beer and oxygen there.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:18 PM

Need to go to MIR so all the east coast folks can race some of these races. If your going to have them all at tracks within 200miles of each other you might as well just have them all at Indy.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:26 PM

Mr George I sent you a pm
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:28 PM

I agree the Northeast guys need a race as do the guys in the South. I would stay out of Maryland, New Jersey, New York. If you have a rig with more than two axles in those states the tolls are brutal. Memphis is a nice track and not that far of a pull for a fairly large area. Draw a 500 mile circle around Memphis. Pennsylvania is about as far east as I would go. In some states you can go 500 miles about as easy as 250 in others.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:33 PM

My wish list kind looks like this

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

Englishtown is probably more of a stand alone event from
The stand point that much west of Pennsylvania would not make that trip except for the diehards. it would still be on the points series but I really would be looki g at a completely different group of people to attend that event.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 02:36 PM

Quote:

Need to go to MIR so all the east coast folks can race some of these races. If your going to have them all at tracks within 200miles of each other you might as well just have them all at Indy.

Yea, you could call it the Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan MOPAR Event. Spread it out some there are MOPAR racers on the East coast and in the South too. Bristol, Norwalk, St Louis, MIR, Zmax, I would travel to all of them.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:14 PM

You gotta remember, some tracks won't host more than 2 "Mopar" events in a season and it's getting pretty late in the year for reserving a date for next years season. That's why I have "The Spring Nostalgia Nationals" at National Trail Raceway June 23&24, 2012. Trails has 2 "Mopar Events", and seeing that Trails is my home track, all the Mopars show up for my event and a few of the other brands too. I hate the term,"Mopars Against The World". We had a good old time final race for the money in Nostalgia super stock . Thunderbolt against a 64 Dodge. I am wanting the 2 to do a best 2 out of 3 for next year. Thunderbolt barely won by INCHES ! You can see pictures of the event at www.sledcityevents.com
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:14 PM

what he said lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

The stand point that much west of Pennsylvania would not make that trip except for the diehards. it would still be on the points series but I really would be looki g at a completely different group of people to attend that event.

Nice track in ohio is gonna get you. because norwalk did a contract with mo-power so no other mopar race is there. and you already have 2 mopar races at National Trails. which nhra will not allow another one. there has to be 90 days between same brand events. so the the Classics and Mopar nats are grandfahered in..
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:17 PM

Would like to see a "TRUE" foot-brake class,,no trans brakes, no throttle controls/2 steps. etc....just the car/driver, and their skills..

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:24 PM

Quote:

Would like to see a "TRUE" foot-brake class,,no trans brakes, no throttle controls/2 steps. etc....just the car/driver, and their skills..

SKILLS ???
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:29 PM

Quote:

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

I wont even drive my rig thru Pennsylvania with the
way they act towards trailers... I dont need any major
dollar tickets
I would like to see
Indy
Norwalk (or any good track in Ohio)
US131 or Route66
I like the idea of the BBQ and band and the ladies,
need to make it more like the tuner guys have or
the drifter guys (something different) and possibly
a 4 day event for those that travel farther, and MUST
be able to stay at the track

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SKILLS ???

...or lack of... Another thing Larry,,,remember years ago when a guy would put a 'hole shot' on you at the starting line..??,,WE knew we were late,,NOW, they put it up on the boards so EVERYBODY knows you were late and by how much..!!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SKILLS ???

...or lack of... Another thing Larry,,,remember years ago when a guy would put a 'hole shot' on you at the starting line..??,,WE knew we were late,,NOW, they put it up on the boards so EVERYBODY knows you were late and by how much..!!

How about no reaction times on the boards and not even on the time slips. Just et and speed. Now thats old school.
Posted By: 360904

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:45 PM

Quote:

Norwalk
Indy
Pittsburgh
Beaver Springs
Quaker City(Salem Ohio)
Any of the three for the first season.
Good payouts
A lot of venders
Good sponsers

Me Too, can't wait
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 03:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

Nice track in ohio is gonna get you. because norwalk did a contract with mo-power so no other mopar race is there. and you already have 2 mopar races at National Trails. which nhra will not allow another one. there has to be 90 days between same brand events. so the the Classics and Mopar nats are grandfahered in..

Call it a hunch but I bet there aint gonna be no Mo-Power event at Trails or Norwalk next season.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:14 PM

I dont know much, but I do know that any racetrack will only put up with so much bull before they pull your card.

A good racetrack is not happy with just taking your rental money and moving on.....they want every event at their facility to be a success because if the racers hated the Mopar race, they may not come run any other special event at that facility, or possibly even the weekend bracket program.
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:15 PM

I think if this were to happen and the more people who attended word would get out that you have to bee there regardless of how far you have to travel.If you are able to make this happen and its as good or better than INDY was your biggest problem may just be where am i going to put all these race cars.I also think that you will get lots of people willing to help you pull this off.Everything likes to be apart of something great.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

I wont even drive my rig thru Pennsylvania with the
way they act towards trailers... I dont need any major
dollar tickets
I would like to see
Indy
Norwalk (or any good track in Ohio)
US131 or Route66
I like the idea of the BBQ and band and the ladies,
need to make it more like the tuner guys have or
the drifter guys (something different) and possibly
a 4 day event for those that travel farther, and MUST
be able to stay at the track

Im with you on making it fun in a lot of different ways...you guys should come check out a friday night rage next year, which will be on Saturday this year it did so well. I have a lot to do with that event, drifters, bikini contest, cheap beer, band/dj, all heads up racing and growing index classes GO BUY A DIAPER ITS GONNA BE AN NHRA RULE ANYWAY (yes my favorite tranny guy thats for you)

But, what I cant have is the same 200 cars racing the same bracket race, the same way at 5 tracks.....

THAT does not work, so we have to look at places a little further away to keep the excitement up.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:52 PM

Well my 2 cents,,is I not driving more than 8 hr don't care what it's pay's I like less than 6 hr's. I really like 4 hr trips.
Big money at the top takes away from the bottom..I think 1500-2000 is plenty to win a race. 1000-1500 would not hurt my feeling. if it pay back good..final 4 for 50 bucks just burns my butt ! That would be my number 1 complaint about the other series . season end champs win 1500-2000. next year gold card- jacket -trophy. I don't like driving in Pennsylvania But I go to Pittsburgh.
Norwalk I can tell you that if there was no mo-power..deal there still be a mopar race there..I think they seal the deal on that..it is one of their best races..

well Do I need to add to this ? This is how we race..I like to see the rest of them race like this..I am very proud to say we take out all them button pushing whimps.! LOL there I said it !!

Two big mopar races in back to back wknds is NO good. I agree.

I love Martin, MI. great track !

And I will follow B.G around LOL
Posted By: CRT

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 04:53 PM

Track Top 5 Choices....
1 Norwalk
2 Indy
3 Marten
4 Beech Bend
5 RT66

5-7 hour drive is my max travel
Posted By: STEFF

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:18 PM

I will totally support the series!! 3 Races would be great. Especially with the New Hemi Shootout class. Maybe add the Index classes to your list of classes for points?
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 06:55 PM

would not mind a trip north in exchange for something down south.
Posted By: cgall

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 07:00 PM

There already is a footbrake class, it is Sportsman, 11.50 and up 1/4 mile.

To be willing to travel 8-10 hours would take a decent payout for the points champs. That makes it worthwhile to attend all the races. You are going to need sponsors, points numbers sales, and maybe skimming $10 off each entry to put into a points fund. A jacket and a gold card to the champs, too.

One time JJ had a race of champions at Indy, prizes were all sponsor donations.

I like one race per month, May, June, July, Sept., Indy, Columbus, Summit, Gateway.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 07:06 PM

where is august?

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 07:08 PM

Quote:

where is august?

Too hot take a break ?
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 07:52 PM

Guys I really hate that I could not make the 2 races this year.Family and life got the best of my this year.But I raced KOS for 95-03 only missed 1 race.So I think I've run about all the tracks that we could run at.Here is the good and bad!!!!

GOOD!!!
The ROCK!! Steve will help any way he can! There is already a Mopar show in the sping,so it's easy to work this in.

Columbus has always been easy to work with.Nice track and easy to get to for everyone.

Bristol is an awsome track!!!The Mopar race has taken a hit in the last 5years but still a great place!

Clay city always a great place to race!! Fans love fast cars!

THE BAD!!!

The tracks up north are hard as HELL to get to!! Toll roads and DMV take the fun out of it for me.
Tech at places like E-town will keep alot of racers away!!!!
DID I SAY I HATE THE TRACKS UP NORTH!!!!!! LOL

A series is a great idea.I loved the old KOS days.Chit we raced all over for chicken feed.So the money is not the only thing.Places we went made us feel like KINGS.

Thanks Lenny
and yes I plan to race next year.
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 08:23 PM

JOSH,been reading all this---there are not many tracks in ohio left-----i have still not heard anyone mention "edgewater" dragway--for an option in ohio,very nice track,i hesitate to mention--------------------------- kilkare raceway in xenia,oh--(i live 10 minutes away from this track).
just throwing that out there
i would probably drive 10 hr.
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 08:29 PM

One has to be St. Louis if it is open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 08:38 PM

Quote:

JOSH,been reading all this---there are not many tracks in ohio left-----i have still not heard anyone mention "edgewater" dragway--for an option in ohio,very nice track,i hesitate to mention--------------------------- kilkare raceway in xenia,oh--(i live 10 minutes away from this track).
just throwing that out there
i would probably drive 10 hr.

I have thought of both of those tracks and they are not 1/4 mile tracks, and for a lot of racers in the pro and super pro classes as well as others, it is just not worth their time to run 1/8th mile.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:09 PM

If you tell him about the bar that is now open at Edgewater he should change his mind

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:19 PM

you saying i like to drink???? cuz if oyu are.....then you are right.....now if I could only get Captain Morgan to sponsor me!
Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:21 PM

Quote:

Lets also think outside the box as well!!! We have to come up with things that people love to do/see that doesnt cost a billion dollars to pull off.

man i like the letter B

Josh, I dont wish to be unduely cynical, (I know, I know, theres always a guy like me in the crowd) but, that could be taken to mean moving away from a family friendly atmosphere, ya know, where you now have to careful what the kiddies will be seeing and hearing etc. and the other "activities" that tends to attract. Is this the direction you want to take the show or is this just a statement to get ideas from folks? Just curious.
Thanks.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:39 PM

Edgewater is plenty long enough for 1/4 mile, CC ran there once. But even Charlie B. had a run-in with the owner, and moved the race to KK.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

man i like the letter B

Josh, I dont wish to be unduely cynical, (I know, I know, theres always a guy like me in the crowd) but, that could be taken to mean moving away from a family friendly atmosphere, ya know, where you now have to careful what the kiddies will be seeing and hearing etc. and the other "activities" that tends to attract. Is this the direction you want to take the show or is this just a statement to get ideas from folks? Just curious.
Thanks.

Yes I almost said something to this. Wife and I don't drink and with my daughter driving the car with grandchild with us..We would not like anything like this.Sorry but Need to be clean family fun. I hope I don't sound like a prune ..I do like to have fun.Band might be nice. BBQ is cool idea.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 10:00 PM

I say let the Ws run in 10.5
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 10:29 PM

My for what ever it's worth.....

I personally can't run another points series till after my kids are done with Jrs. They need to be in their points chase in order to win a spot on the Team that goes to the Conf Finals and as such I need to be there with/for them. They do take my priority. As such I have been forced to run only at the Norwalk mopar event only as it doesn't interfere with the kids racing.

However, if there are better Mopar races that don't conflict with the home track weekend series I would be happy to consider those if they are within a reasonable distance. I really don't like much over the 5 Hr drive as it makes getting back a decent hour to go to work the next morning a strain.

As for the B's, a band and BBQ would be a nice addition but the other 2 while certain to draw a crowd are leaning too much towards the ricer boys lifestyle and are almost certain to draw the wrong type of crowd. If that were to be the case I would most certainly pass on such an event.

I also must consider the entry fee's vs the pay out. I understand that it's a "special event" and a weekend long one at that but{at least from where I stand} I can race all 4 cars for Fri TnT and the Sat program for about what the entry cost for just for the 2 cars {assuming we don't enter the gamblers} at the Mopower events and the payout isn't as good.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 10:49 PM

I WAS going to hold my tounge...but

Lenny why on earth would you not want to race at a track that has TECH??? I have raced down south, and that 20.00 and ok is scary to me. Id rather know the guy in the next lane is not going to kill me or wreck my car than to just have "loose" tech.

ALSO i cant beleive the amount of racers dont want to drive more than 4 -6 hours??? Like i say i drove 13 by myself, i understand if its the money but i must have a different mind set ???

Not bashing anyone, just my observations....LOL

OK let me have it now

OH yea and can you just have some wet t shirt (Spray them down with the beer and or ice water )contest after all the old folks went to bed in thier RV's ????

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 11:23 PM

Quote:

I WAS going to hold my tounge...but

Lenny why on earth would you not want to race at a track that has TECH??? I have raced down south, and that 20.00 and ok is scary to me. Id rather know the guy in the next lane is not going to kill me or wreck my car than to just have "loose" tech.

ALSO i cant beleive the amount of racers dont want to drive more than 4 -6 hours??? Like i say i drove 13 by myself, i understand if its the money but i must have a different mind set ???

Not bashing anyone, just my observations....LOL

OK let me have it now

OH yea and can you just have some wet t shirt (Spray them down with the beer and or ice water )contest after all the old folks went to bed in thier RV's ????

I DID NOT say no tech!!! Most of the racers in the south are IHRA.They will not go get a NHRA license for one or two races.The tech at E-town is killer.They kicked me out for going 9.70s it was my first pass in the 9s back in EZ street days.Cost me the race!!! CHIT like that is why you see no southern guys going north.

And for the beer and babes count me in!!!!! I go racing to get the hell away from the family!!!! LOL Just kidding but some people need to pull their panties out of their crack.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 11:50 PM

If you're looking for an Ohio track, Quaker City might be your best bet. I know Norwalk is a beautiful track, but it isn't cheap to rent, and they DO already have Mo-powr, as long as that is still alive. IF Quaker re-does the pavement over the winter, it has the room to hold a pretty good sized event. Josh, I'm also going to start announcing more events next year, if you might need an announcer/race director type!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 11:52 PM

In regards to the B's......... Beer is available at some tracks, its not available at others..... but it doesnt matter one way or the other because if someone wants beer, they bring it in with them....im certainly not going to shove it down someones throat....unless they ask of course (thats a beer bong for all you older folk)

Babes....... so do you guys not go to NHRA national events because of the pretty girls the vendors bring in.... were not going to have a bikini contest....or a wet tshirt contest..... im workin on buyin a strip club so we dont have to worry about that.

I will say that it will be fun, and if people are just to old to have fun then i cant help that, but IF you would have come to indy you could have got a small taste of what we are trying to accomplish, and if you didnt, you will just have to wait and see......
Posted By: W7 Duster

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/09/11 11:53 PM

Josh, If you run it , I will go. East of the Mississippi is best for me. The only thing that gets in the way is that thing called work. Would not run points though, have to be flexable.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:07 AM

Not really into bikini girls, but I don't mind if they are there. Husband said heck yeah!

I'd prefer hot guys. Better truck them in though...'cause I've seen many of you in person and you wouldn't look good up there. LOL

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:10 AM

Quote:

Not really into bikini girls, but I don't mind if they are there. Husband said heck yeah!

I'd prefer hot guys. Better truck them in though...'cause I've seen many of you in person and you wouldn't look good up there. LOL

OK, putting my thong away...
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Josh
I would personally like to see > 3 races maybe 5-6

Track choices....
-Norwalk
-Indy
-Columbus
-St Louis
-Martin US 131
-Milan

Mopar Mafia Racing..

Attached picture 6911629-KilKare065.JPG

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Josh
I would personally like to see > 3 races maybe 5-6

Track choices....
-Norwalk
-Indy
-Columbus
-St Louis
-Martin US 131
-Milan

Mopar Mafia Racing..

We bring 9 to 10 cars to every race Josh... So Lets get this Mopar Machine Going so I can get the schedule down...

Attached picture 6911633-KilKare070.JPG

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:36 AM

You guys remember one thing....you dont have to run the points if you dont want to....i am going to try to make it worth your while to do so, but im just gonna try to fill some gaps in the MOPAR community. Lets all look at the big picture....we can do this, or we can continue on like we have been the last couple years......anyone need a reminder?

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:37 AM

Quote:

Josh, If you run it , I will go. East of the Mississippi is best for me. The only thing that gets in the way is that thing called work. Would not run points though, have to be flexable.

you guys on teh east coast are die hard!!!

Chuck I appreciate it!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:41 AM

We got your back Josh, It going to take a mountian of people to make this happen, but we are with you...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:44 AM

also one more think while all you guys are paying attention....if your not on facebook....get on facebook, even if Monster Mopar and the racers are your only friends!!!!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:46 AM

Thanks Ray!!!!!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 12:47 AM

Quote:

also one more think while all you guys are paying attention....if your not on facebook....get on facebook, even if Monster Mopar and the racers are your only friends!!!!

Done!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 01:21 AM

Quote:

Guys I really hate that I could not make the 2 races this year.Family and life got the best of my this year.But I raced KOS for 95-03 only missed 1 race.So I think I've run about all the tracks that we could run at.Here is the good and bad!!!!

GOOD!!!
The ROCK!! Steve will help any way he can! There is already a Mopar show in the sping,so it's easy to work this in.

Columbus has always been easy to work with.Nice track and easy to get to for everyone.

Bristol is an awsome track!!!The Mopar race has taken a hit in the last 5years but still a great place!

THE BAD!!!

The tracks up north are hard as HELL to get to!! Toll roads and DMV take the fun out of it for me.

A series is a great idea.I loved the old KOS days.Chit we raced all over for chicken feed.So the money is not the only thing.Places we went made us feel like KINGS.

Thanks Lenny

No toll roads to get to Norwalk, Indy, Milan, Martin or any of the other Ohio tracks. Don't group the East coast tracks with the Midwest ones.

Dennis
Posted By: RBDuster

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 02:11 AM

Quote:

I have thought of both of those tracks and they are not 1/4 mile tracks, and for a lot of racers in the pro and super pro classes as well as others, it is just not worth their time to run 1/8th mile.

Edgewater is a 1/4 mile track where the racers voted to run 1/8th.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 02:16 AM

Quote:

im just gonna try to fill some gaps in the MOPAR community.

Then you need to consider tracks OTHER then most mentioned. Can a track really support 2 big MOPAR events in one year? Great if they can but look at MMW and Norwalk being a week apart. They are within a few hours from each other, but it limits people to choose one or the other, and that can hurt car counts.

It's going to take a National event style track to host it, and camping at the track is a must. We will NOT go to the NATS ever again because of this. Nothing like having a trailer with a living 1/4's only to leave it at the track, and get a hotel room for the night.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 02:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

GOOD!!!

THE BAD!!!

Thanks Lenny

No toll roads to get to Norwalk, Indy, Milan, Martin or any of the other Ohio tracks. Don't group the East coast tracks with the Midwest ones.

Dennis

I swear some of you guys are brain dead!!! How is the midwest tracks up north?Did I list them?The tracks you listed are nice places.You grouped them toghter not me!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 03:51 AM

Milan/Martin/Ubly/Stanton/ Michigan Tracks No toll roads here.... Just bumpy roads

OHIO Tracks Norwalk/Columbus/KilKare(Small track)
$$ TollRoads and still bumpy.
There's about, What 10 tracks in Ohio alone?

I will drive up to 13 hours to go to a race that's my limit (Bristol)

Attached picture 6911980-martin002.JPG

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:02 AM

there is about 17 tracks in ohio and kil-kare is not that small LOL
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:10 AM

I will travel 12-15 hrs for a good race.I've traveled from Michigan to KC,and VA.Went to Fla one time to race for the weekend and got rained out.As for the points have 4-5 races and you get to throw out one of them,that way you don't have to go to all of them.
Posted By: DakFink

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:13 AM

OK Josh,

I see what your trying to get organized up there.

Will be very good deal when you get it sorted. I personally prefer Heads-up or Index racing (but that's just me) and I'm in Texas when I'm home so I'm out of the equation anyways.

I know there is a Group from Dallas that is made up of all the Muscle Car clubs around Dallas that has a "Muscle Car Challenge" every year and they do pretty much what your describing. Of course including other brands Just so they have a BIG TURN-OUT!

Like we agreed; they run 1 race per month each at different tracks in N-E Texas except during the HOT Months. (July & Aug)

Good luck!!

I'm gonna be watching how this plays out, so Maybe I can pick up some Ideas for putting something together in Tx.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 10:36 AM

Pittsburgh
Beaver
I'd prolly give some ohio tracks a try and surrounding areaish...

Make a radial tire class - NA and power adder and leave it at that
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 02:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A nice track in Ohio
Indy
Englishtown
Pittsburgh
Martin Michigan / Milan

Call it a hunch but I bet there aint gonna be no Mo-Power event at Trails or Norwalk next season.

Here's an update for everyone. Just so you know, National Trail, Norwalk, Kil-Kare, US-131 and Pittsburgh are all parties to a "bankruptcy". Knowingly or not, that means they are unable to book any new "Mopar type" events without permission of the court, which won't happen. However, I am planning the all-new Chrysler Power points series, hopefully for 2012.

I've had a nice conversation with Josh and he did a Kick A job at Indy, especially for a newbie. Keep your ideas coming. There is definitely a Mopar Points Series on the horizon!

I'll share more details with folks in person at my Ohio Mopar Expo in Columbus, November 19th.

Attached picture 6912357-JJduster2.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 03:29 PM

Jeff....While your intentions are good...I think Josh and his team do quite well! If I was Josh,I don't know if I would want the headache of taking on a mess the Blankenships created...No disrespect...Just my Ted
Posted By: Get-X

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 03:52 PM

Quote:

Jeff....While your intentions are good...I think Josh and his team do quite well! If I was Josh,I don't know if I would want the headache of taking on a mess the Blankenships created...No disrespect...Just my Ted

I couldn't agree more. Josh and Mark were a breath of fresh air and did a great job with MMW, the last thing they need to do is get involved with that old mess and those that made it that way. There is way too much baggage involved and lots of people don't attend those events anymore (myself included) because of the way the events/races were handled and how the racers were treated. Josh has proven that he knows how to put on a race and treat the racers.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:09 PM

Although, I do appreciate the kind words Jeff, the association with the previous promotors/events will not bode well for me. Thats why I try not to mention them.

Again its nice to have someone who has been in the business such a long time speak highly of me and my event, I do not want to bring on any negative feelings about anyone. Just not my style
Posted By: Frito

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:23 PM

"I do not want to bring on any negative feelings about anyone. Just not my style".

Quality act!!! More should take that approach.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 04:32 PM

Quote:

Although, I do appreciate the kind words Jeff, the association with the previous promotors/events will not bode well for me. Thats why I try not to mention them.

Again its nice to have someone who has been in the business such a long time speak highly of me and my event, I do not want to bring on any negative feelings about anyone. Just not my style

Leave old alone and bring in a fresh start, grow with a new attuide. Us Mopar guys take enough abuse from the x brand events than I care to think about.

"We The People" of the Mopar World need a place to race with our own kind.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 05:19 PM

It's a new day. The baggage is gone. I AM bringing in a fresh start.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 05:33 PM

Looking forward to it.

I guess I finally have to join Facebook. I've been avoiding it all these years but it looks like I'm doomed.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:07 PM

Gezz I thought everyone was on facebook..:) They even have moparts group over there

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:09 PM

Quote:

Looking forward to it.

I guess I finally have to join Facebook. I've been avoiding it all these years but it looks like I'm doomed.

If you do, will you be my friend?

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:11 PM

Only if you wear your thong.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:28 PM

Quote:

Oh boy --- now I KNOW I'm not getting on facebook

Russ

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:35 PM

Quote:

Hey Dustergirl340 did that girl that stayed with you guys at Milan have a G string...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 06:52 PM

Monster Mopar Gstring shoot out? You draw the picture

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 07:07 PM

Quote:

Monster Mopar Gstring shoot out? You draw the picture

Posted By: Frito

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 07:12 PM

Quote:

I have noticed

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:04 PM

Quote:

Good. Now lets stop bringing up the "B" word and start talking about your events.

Dennis

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:08 PM

Quote:

there is about 17 tracks in ohio and kil-kare is not that small LOL

Hey Vern, are you counting the dirt tracks and sand tracks too?

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:14 PM

I am not sure how many there is but more than 10..some of them never been talk about on here..I need to see if I can find a list LOL

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:21 PM

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/

Dennis

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:22 PM

There are 51 race tracks in ohio. 13 of them are drag strips... I just look them up lol

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:25 PM

Other link

http://www.racingin.com/track/ohio.aspx

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/10/11 11:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good. Now lets stop bringing up the "B" word and start talking about your events.

Dennis

You got it!
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 12:17 AM

Josh,we will race wherever you decide to have it.

Attached picture 6913131-RT66BracketRace031.jpg
Posted By: vttm

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 12:32 AM

I personally feel you could draw more cars from further distances the earlier that you could announce some dates. Alot of people need to schedule vacations and days off early to get the time off. Do you have a timetable of being able to announce dates?
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 12:37 AM

Quote:

I have had the expreience iof attending events held by Jeff and Josh. Josh being the rookie far exceeded my experience with Jeff's event.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

Gezz I thought everyone was on facebook..:) They even have moparts group over there

not every one vern wants to be on face page, I just hate it when someone knows more about me than I do! yes i am old, thanks for notacing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 01:54 AM

They only know what you tell them..Tell them nothing !! and your real old ! LMAO
Posted By: jkwedge540

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 02:22 AM

I would like to see one at quaker city in oh. Between you an jeff, i think it could be a big deal. no the owner whats some events there.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 02:33 AM

Beech Bend is a great track plus always alot of spectators
Z-Max would be cool
Bristol
Gateway
RT66
Indy

I'm from central Ohio and would travel to any of these, need some new venue's for mopar events

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 03:56 AM

Josh,

In a 400 car count race what would the enrty fee be all weekend.

A Dream Mopar race would be;

5K QUICK
4K Super Pro
3k Pro
2k Sportsman
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 04:02 AM

Josh

I wish I could have made the first event but from what I have heard I will be at your next race...I may be unemployeed though lol

Tracks........ pretty easy choice:

Norwalk
Indy
Martin
Milan

ZMAX.... for the special trip so we can race Chip

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 03:40 PM

Ohio Drag Strips:
Norwalk
Dragway 42
Thompson
Quaker City
Marion
Magnolia
Packemakers
KD Dragway
Edgewater
Kil Kare
National Trails
That's 11 off the top of my head. Which ones am I missing?
Posted By: nhramark

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 03:42 PM

Quote:

5K QUICK
4K Super Pro
3k Pro
2k Sportsman

Then MMW is your dream race because we paid:

5k Quick
3k Super Pro
3k Pro
1200 Street

PLUS:
2k NSS
1k Gen3 Hemi
1k Ten-0
1k Eleven-0
5k+ Extreme 10.5

AND our purse is not top loaded to the winner, we pay back deep into the field. (Pro and S/Pro pay all the way back to 1/8's.) Plus the gamblers races........

See you there!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 03:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you guys on teh east coast are die hard!!!

Chuck I appreciate it!

You midwest guys have a good thing going. 2 and 3 day events are what I like to run. 1 days drive to and from is max for me. Set-up,relax, meet really nice people and have a good time doing what I love. East coast, 1 day for everything, hurry-up, rush around, 4 hours to drive home from E-Town (90 miles) on a sunday, hate it! Bring it on Josh....... Please!!!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 04:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

5K QUICK
4K Super Pro
3k Pro
2k Sportsman

Then MMW is your dream race because we paid:

5k Quick
3k Super Pro
3k Pro
1200 Street

PLUS:
2k NSS
1k Gen3 Hemi
1k Ten-0
1k Eleven-0
5k+ Extreme 10.5

AND our purse is not top loaded to the winner, we pay back deep into the field. (Pro and S/Pro pay all the way back to 1/8's.) Plus the gamblers races........

See you there!

Yes Yes Yes Can't wait!!!

Oh the crew would like to have fun with the Golf cart race or pit bike race . My Son would like that.

Attached picture 6913949-KilKare072.JPG

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 05:14 PM

we need a sewrious race on the east coast ATCO is perfect

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 05:25 PM

Quote:

I agree I mentioned that plus it has to be one of the fastest tracks on the east coast... The facility is top notch....
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

Oh the crew would like to have fun with the Golf cart race

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 07:00 PM

Ron, you missed Tri-State Dragway near Hamilton. They held a Chrysler Classic there for many years.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 08:17 PM

Quote:

Josh,we will race wherever you decide to have it.

You put on a kickazz show!

and i like to party so im done for the beer and babes as well.

Casey
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 10:21 PM

If you have an event"they will come"
Posted By: mistress

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 10:37 PM

Quote:

If you have an event"they will come"

Yes Josh, They Most Definitely Will Come
Posted By: GORacing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/11/11 11:36 PM

Quote:

Billy isn't locked into anything, with anyone. As always Bill and the SMP team strives to have the best events period. I do know that the payout to entry ratio at the Mo-Power events was horrid, and not worth the vacation time spent.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 12:08 AM

Josh...This is just my opionon only...You already have a race up north(Indy).

Move the second race far enough east to help catch different MOPAR racers.

Take the third race somewhere in the south for even more different MOPAR racers.

If y'all want to keep racing the same cars then keep them all up north!!!!!!!Or it will tell you what direction to go.

If this is going to be more than bracket/index races and your considering some heads-up racing also i'll be glad to help sponsor Bob's 10.5 extreme class...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 12:40 AM

Quote:

Josh...This is just my opionon only...You already have a race up north(Indy).

Move the second race far enough east to help catch different MOPAR racers.

Take the third race somewhere in the south for even more different MOPAR racers.

If y'all want to keep racing the same cars then keep them all up north!!!!!!!Or it will tell you what direction to go.

If this is going to be more than bracket/index races and your considering some heads-up racing also i'll be glad to help sponsor Bob's 10.5 extreme class...

I like Josh's idea of 4-5 races, scattered around, with points only awarded for 3 races,,, allowing you to throw out the races that you did not do well at. This would give everybody the chance to race close to home and travel farther if they didn't do well at a race close to them. This would give everybody in all areas an oppurtunity to compete on an even/local basis. No matter where you live, or raced, your points would accumulate, but still be limited to only claiming the best 3..may not have made myself 'clear' on this, but I think most will get the idea..

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 01:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Billy isn't locked into anything, with anyone. As always Bill and the SMP team strives to have the best events period. I do know that the payout to entry ratio at the Mo-Power events was horrid, and not worth the vacation time spent.

Well, that's what I get by going on old info. I'd love to see some fresh ideas applied to a Mopar race at Norwalk.
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 02:49 AM

Monster Mopar @ Norwalk it dont get any better !
thats what we need Josh to hook up with the Baders and bring a top shelf show with awesome payouts to one of the finest tracks in the country

Norwalk in the spring
Bristol or US 131 early summer
Pittsburg late summer
Indy in the fall

my

Bob
Posted By: demongup

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 03:44 AM

I would hope the tracks have cement guardrails. Hopefully we do not conflict with any of the other big races , ducks races, YB nat, shakedown

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 03:46 AM

Quote:

Monster Mopar @ Norwalk it dont get any better !
thats what we need Josh to hook up with the Baders and bring a top shelf show with awesome payouts to one of the finest tracks in the country

Norwalk in the spring
Bristol or US 131 early summer
Pittsburg late summer
Indy in the fall

my

Bob

But I DON'T like Pittsburg short shut down and rocks in the pits as big as baseballs. Did I mention that the end of the track has a 200ft drop off
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 04:44 AM

have it at atco or maple grove and i'll bring my 3 cars

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 05:53 AM

Quote:

To good for Englishtown Mr Romano
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 01:52 PM

the pits at pittsburg were paved last year however the dropoff still remains

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 02:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

To good for Englishtown Mr Romano

no, just not driving the other 2 up the jersey turnpike

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 03:47 PM

I keep hearing horror stories about this jersey shore turnpike. What's so bad about it.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/12/11 06:58 PM

Quote:

I keep hearing horror stories about this jersey shore turnpike. What's so bad about it.

Dad went to pick up his daytona and it cost a bundle to get thier & back I could not see paying for each axle fees, plus I'm about 70'long.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 01:24 AM

Quote:

its not the shore road. the jersey turnpike goes north (to new york)/south. The shore is east/west.

Crazy drivers. Not to mention my wife and her friend would have to drive them.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 03:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

its not the shore road. the jersey turnpike goes north (to new york)/south. The shore is east/west.

Crazy drivers. Not to mention my wife and her friend would have to drive them.

when driving south towards home on a summer Sunday returning from Etown looking at north bound lanes it's a horror show. I have went from exit 8 to 7 ( 20 miles ?)and that side never moved an inch

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 02:07 PM

Quote:

It's in Jersey?

Dennis
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 03:42 PM

Adco seems like a place I would try. Isn't it the track that gets below sealevel with some serious DA?
I would like to get a new best if possible.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's in Jersey?

Dennis

It's a parking lot.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/13/11 04:34 PM

Quote:

Adco seems like a place I would try. Isn't it the track that gets below sealevel with some serious DA?
I would like to get a new best if possible.

Atco is that track Ive been there days where the DA was 2000ft below.... Unreal...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 04:03 PM

Im really waiting on one small bit of information from some folks before I pull the trigger on this deal.

To keep everyone informed, if I can pull this off it will be a 3 race series this year. 2 races I will hold and I am going to piggy back with another up and coming race promoter on the other. Details to be revealed later.

If we can make these events a success than I will add 2 more next year.

Stay tuned
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 04:14 PM

Quote:

Im really waiting on one small bit of information from some folks before I pull the trigger on this deal.

To keep everyone informed, if I can pull this off it will be a 3 race series this year. 2 races I will hold and I am going to piggy back with another up and coming race promoter on the other. Details to be revealed later.

Stay tuned

How long before you know???

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 04:25 PM

patience buddy hahahahahaa

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 04:43 PM

Quote:

Stay tuned

Just an FYI,Josh,,,,from the looks of another thread on here,,your sponsor base may have widened a bit. GERITOL, DEPENDS, BEN-GAY, AARP, and others might be interested in the volume of people their advertisements would reach...

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 05:07 PM

Ouch....heheheh
Posted By: redruM

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 08:35 PM

I'm down for whatever tracks this is held, as long as I can run my bike in the 10.5 shootout
Posted By: larry890

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 10:47 PM

milan, indy, st louis,
Posted By: Get-X

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/14/11 11:02 PM

Quote:

I'm down for whatever tracks this is held, as long as I can run my bike in the 10.5 shootout

Sure, just make it weigh 3100lbs and line that mother up!
Posted By: Eric

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/15/11 05:19 AM

Sounds like a great idea Josh....I would personally like these tracks.

Pittsburgh
Empire in NY
Norwalk
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/16/11 04:37 AM

Josh, We have ran the CC Events and Mo-Power Events series since they started. Our tracks of choice are: Norwalk, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Beech Bend and Indy. We attended Pinks All Out at ZMAXX loved the track had an awesome time. We are not Bracket racers but a family team that enjoys running a point series. One race a month works the best for a points series. We would support your series the same way we supported the series we ran in the past. Next season we will still race our two regular cars and add a dakota truck to our race team. Keep up the good work will look forward to hearing more about your series.
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/16/11 05:39 AM

Quote:

Just my thought but why are there no big Mopar races on the east coast?May be because when they had them no one showed up.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/16/11 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just my thought but why are there no big Mopar races on the east coast?May be because when they had them no one showed up.

E-Town had a real nice show. KOS, Hemi SS, SPro, Pro, Quick and even match races with Wayne County and Christine Pro Mod. Then they moved the National event and took that date in june, moved us to mid May and the bad weather. All the other races ( Atco, Lebanon valley etc. ) are in October and for one day, after the points programs are over. Multi day events with a good pay out, We will come. There are a bunch of Mopar guys on Long Island looking for something closer (I'll go anywhere) with good competition.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/16/11 11:59 PM

Quote:

Stay tuned

I'm thinking this means Indy, St. Louis, and either Norwalk or National Trails

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 12:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Stay tuned

Indy, Norwalk, Pittsburgh

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 12:33 AM

Any track within a 10 hour drive is fine... Points no points
.. What it boils down to is Good times good people,good racing and most of all!!!!!!!!! GOOD PAY OUTS !!!!!!!!

Get R Done Josh.

Attached picture 6922716-KilKare065.JPG
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 02:18 AM

lets do all 12 races here in CA at all differnt tracks

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 03:11 AM

I can hold a monthly Mopar Event in Indianapolis......
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 04:03 AM

I would suggest Atlanta/Commerce in GA for a race. You would pull cars from FL, NC, AL, TN and it would not be too far for the Ohio guys
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/17/11 12:56 PM

Josh I commend you on wanting to expand the event .IMO I would go another year with the event before venturing out .Let the masses see how a 2nd year goes and build that event .Also might see other tracks contacting you and other sponsors .
You took the bull by the horns for the midwest mopars ,now the East ,West coast are begging you to come to these areas .Selfish aren't you .LOL

Attached picture 6923417-BKD9-11-01_302C.jpg
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/18/11 01:40 AM

Quote:

the pits at pittsburg were paved last year

Thats because Cgall put all the stones in his car a few years ago Charlie

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/18/11 02:53 AM

MARTIN US.131
KIL-KARE :
MILAN DRAGWAY
INDY
NORWALK
Z MAX
MID MICHIGAN
EDGEWATER
Just a few dragstrips within a small drive from my house.

Ready to go after the harsh mich winter and a few mods to the car / trailer/ motorhome/ house/ Wow! I better get going or Josh will have the schedule out and I will not be ready.

We as a race Team are ready for the NEW Mopar Event to hit the Mid West..

Keep the Mopar Madness Moving..

Attached picture 6924536-KilKare070.JPG

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/21/11 01:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Stay tuned

Indy, Norwalk, Pittsburgh

I need to put in vacation dates
Posted By: dusterchas572

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 11/22/11 02:41 PM

Quote:

Josh I commend you on wanting to expand the event .IMO I would go another year with the event before venturing out .Let the masses see how a 2nd year goes and build that event .Also might see other tracks contacting you and other sponsors .
You took the bull by the horns for the midwest mopars ,now the East ,West coast are begging you to come to these areas .Selfish aren't you .LOL

I picked up some 2012 event flyers this weekend.
National Trails June 23 24 Sled City.
Marion County July 28 29 JJ.
Tri-State Aug 25 26 JJ.
we'll be there!

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 01/09/12 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I picked up some 2012 event flyers this weekend.
National Trails June 23 24 Sled City.

Marion County July 28 29 JJ.
Tri-State Aug 25 26 JJ.
we'll be there!

I'm sure you will Jeff...
Posted By: ro23car

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 01/09/12 03:07 PM

hey mark if i get chili dogs you wanna go with me.
Posted By: MFR440

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 01/09/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Yes! I think you could even do it with the 2 races you are planning - just spell out the tiebreakers very clearly.

Quote:

Indy, Gateway, Beech Bend
(honorable mention to Joliet and Martin.)

Quote:

What would be furthest you would travel (keep in mind payouts will be guaranteed)

We are based in Indy like yourself and would travel 4-6 hours. We can only afford to race a few times a year.

Quote:

For the Super Pro and Pro classes, what would be the most you would feel comfortable paying?

We race Nostalgia Super Stock and would pay $75-100, depending on the benefits, i.e. banquet, crew member included, etc.

Quote:

How would you like recognized at the end of the season? Cash, gift, party, free entry for the following year?

Cash is ALWAYS goood! Top 5-10 in each class should get some sort of award, a jacket, unique trophy, one free entry, etc. Free entry for the next season would be good for the champions.

Re: IF there was a Monster Mopar Point Series........... - 01/11/12 01:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes! I think you could even do it with the 2 races you are planning - just spell out the tiebreakers very clearly.

Quote:

Indy, Gateway, Beech Bend
(honorable mention to Joliet and Martin.)

Quote:

We are based in Indy like yourself and would travel 4-6 hours. We can only afford to race a few times a year.

Quote:

We race Nostalgia Super Stock and would pay $75-100, depending on the benefits, i.e. banquet, crew member included, etc.

Quote:

Cash is ALWAYS goood! Top 5-10 in each class should get some sort of award, a jacket, unique trophy, one free entry, etc. Free entry for the next season would be good for the champions.

Rock on Monster Mopar.. Need Rules and Registration ??????????
© 2024 Moparts Forums