Moparts

NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS...

Posted By: cudadoug

NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 02:21 AM

http://dragracingonline.com/analysis/xiii_10-marketing-1.html

I was just speaking with a Stock Elim veteran the other day about the contingency deal. He says a National Event he won last year paid about 60% in contingency money than the same event did three years ago. And several manufactors still owe him from that win.

Nice going NHRA. Soon to be: No Have Racers Anymore.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 02:35 AM

WOW,

NHRA is really going about it wrong in my opinion. Instead of making it easier for companies to pay contingency (which attacts racers) they are going to charge them $6,500 in addition to what they pay in contingency! Crazy.

NHRA doesn't pay enough in purse compared to the entry fee, so the class racers are really racing for contingency. And NHRA is biting the hand that feeds them.

Did I mention I am an IHRA member and don't race at NHRA events?

Attached picture 6910244-SSS_window_decals.jpg
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 02:38 AM

Must be tuff making a go of it at NHRA (no happy racers anywhere), even if you are a non-profit orginization,,,
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 02:49 AM

NHRA pays Dallas Gardner over $400,000 a year for one hour of work a week -

nice job...LOL
Posted By: bigblk66_coronet

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 03:11 AM

what a bunch of frigin morons
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 04:08 AM

All those idiots make more money than the president
of the USA and thats just wrong for the little they do
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 04:15 AM

Is it time for another racing organization to rise to the top of the food chain?
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 04:22 AM

Quote:

Is it time for another racing organization to rise to the top of the food chain?

and quick while there is still a "free market" to do so...
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 04:52 AM

I hope IHRA makes a lot of phone calls and the sponsors give them a chance - and racers follow suit!
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 05:00 AM

I was thinking the old A H R A .
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 05:10 AM

Quote:

I hope IHRA makes a lot of phone calls and the sponsors give them a chance - and racers follow suit!

I really like the IHRA... sure hope the sponsors and
racers go that direction..... let the NHRA FOLD
Posted By: DakFink

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 06:09 AM

Not even worth a second thought!!!
NHRA is slowly dyeing. The put so Much into the Top-Fuel and Funny car to keep them alive they are killing everyone else.

There are too many places to race with out NHRA.

So many Other organizations and Independents that they won't be missed.

Maybe by the Class Racers. BUT if they miss them bad enough they can make their own Organization and be on their marry way. Probably be better off as well.
Posted By: topside

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 06:37 AM

Looks like an opportunity for some of the sponsors - Jeg's, Summit, etc - to host their own Sportsman series and basically eliminate the NHRA middleman. Or at least form an organization and confront NHRA.
I've been thinking for years - at least since Compton took over - that NHRA would focus on and cater to their Pro classes, as they do in their race broadcasts, and eventually split off the Sportsman classes into another series. Perhaps the entertainment part (Pro classes) and the backbone part (the rest of us) of the sport will start to part ways.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/09/11 02:08 PM

ISRA is the way.

(Illegal Street Racing Association)

DO IT.

By the way, i thought NHRA stood for No Homebuilt Racecars Allowed...???
Posted By: dOoC

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 01:05 AM

Did I miss something here ? ... this 65 huN figure is for track-sude banner display.

Still though ...
Posted By: DCM71cuda

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 01:51 AM

Quote:

Did I miss something here ? ... this 65 huN figure is for track-sude banner display.

Still though ...

Did anybody actually read the article? There is no requirement to have a banner and so all sponsors will not automatically be forced to pay the $$$. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but the comments seem a little skewed.
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 02:08 AM

If you read the whole thing, the $6500 extra fee has to do with
taking the banners down at the end of the meet, as if the spectators
and racers leave any standing by the end of Saturday night.

And if you think the $400K Dallas Gardner gets is high try the
$700K Tom Comptom gets paid for his "work"..............
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 02:23 AM

and recently I heard NHRA is wanting to change stock eliminator rules to 1980 and newer models only.....anyone else hear anything ?????

Rickster
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 04:33 AM

Quote:

and recently I heard NHRA is wanting to change stock eliminator rules to 1980 and newer models only.....anyone else hear anything ?????

Rickster

That was an of-the-wall comment made by a member on another forum. It would be suicide for NHRA. But they seem to be killing themselves slowly as it is.
Posted By: hemicop

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 03:08 PM

NHRA got their marketing all wrong years ago when they started catering to the Pro classes. They failed to realize their money comes, not just from spectators but from racers and what'd they do? Start eliminating eliminator classes from national events, then divisionals. It was bad enough they got rid of certain classes & Eliminators years ago, but with their concentrating on Pro categories they're driving not just spectators but racers off to other venues where they can enjoy themselves.
Racers will race for little if any money but spectators don't want to get wrapped up in indexes & the technicalites of fuel racing, let alone the down time between rounds. With the new crop of factory race cars (CJ, Drak Pak, COPO) Nhra needs to resurrect the F/X class, & start marketing door-slammer racing like they did in the early 60s.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 05:34 PM

1. Roll back some of the most complained about safety stuff.
2. Shorten the tour. Allow the pro and exhibition racers to do smaller venues as match racing. That gets money in the racer's pockets, helps the smaller tracks, gives more people a chance to see the show and can open the gates to smaller teams that can learn without going out in round one at a national meet.
3. Do the darn paperwork for contingency as stated in this article. You are already getting paid for doing the work.
4. Have an app so that anyone with a device can follow the ladders and teams at the track.
5. Get the extra people off the starting line and the tow vehicles and photogs out of the view!
Posted By: blue_stocker

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... *DELETED* *DELETED* - 11/10/11 06:09 PM

Post deleted by blue_stocker
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 06:46 PM

This not the first time that NHRA has gone after the sponsors for more money by making a policy change and that ended up hurting the racers Back in the mid 1970s the sponsors handle the paying out of contingency moneys, they kept what wasn't claimed and spent it the next yer and so on. NHRA decided that they would take over handling the contingency pay outs and have the sponsors pay them all the money up front and NHRA would keep waht wasn't claimed by racers at the end of the year and put into NHRA bank accounts instead od fefunding it back to the sponsors A lot of the sponsors,that had not signed a contract before the policy change was made for that year, drop out Many of those that had already signed up for that first year did not renew the for next year This was told to me by the Carter Carb. CO racer technical rep that use to attend all the NHRA racers and help us, that needed help, on setting our carbs up We got hose several diferent wys by that decision It is to bad that a organization that was started by good people with good intentions gets waylaid by greed along the way
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 08:12 PM

that greed should be GREED in capital letters..these guys seem to think they've found a golden goose!
Posted By: hemicop

Re: NHRA is at it again. Yea, this will help. IDIOTS... - 11/10/11 09:13 PM

It seems the biggest complaint about NHRA is its lack of little guy support. Perhaps the answer is to establish an organization similiar to the "PRO" organization set-up years ago by the likes of Garlits or the (then) P/S group & go to NHRA with their list of compalints & suggestions.
Now on face value, many will say NHRA will ignore them & in all likelihood they're right. But this is a different era, with different yet similair problems (on both sides) and when presented not just with complaints, but solutions & assuming you'd have a large enough response maybe, just MAYBE, NHRA will listen. It's one thing to st back & complain, another to go to the "boss" & complain but when you go in numbers & not just with a complaint but a solution you can often get some sort of response instead of just having the door slammed in your face......
© 2024 Moparts Forums