Moparts

blower gear oil/lube

Posted By: DAYCLONA

blower gear oil/lube - 10/22/11 01:28 AM

OK guys, I'm going thru my GMC blower, new bearings, seals, resurfacing the end plates, etc, etc....question is after assy/install what gear oil/lube are you guys running? and to what level are you filling the end plate?, just under the shafts?...I'm also running the rear factory blower plate, even though the bearings are sealed should I maintain an oil/lube level in the rear plate as well?...any help is much appreciated

Mike
Posted By: Clanton

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/22/11 03:22 AM

i believe the gear lube 90/120.as for the amount i would say 6/8ounces or 1/3 of the case.

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/22/11 06:19 AM

Thanks for the info Mike, what about the rear factory blower end plate?, same fluid level?....or just under the shafts, that what some had told me when running the rear plate?

Mike
Posted By: cudacustoms1

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/22/11 11:22 AM

I was told 75/90 till it comes out the 8' oclock bolt position on the front cover.

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/22/11 02:13 PM

do you have a pressure relief button on the ft case?i do not add oil to the rear, do you have a pic of what you have?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/23/11 03:19 AM

Oil level needs to be high enough to reach the bottom of the drive gear so it will "sling" the oil around

Attached picture 6883957-garage3016.jpg

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/24/11 01:19 AM

Quote:

do you have a pressure relief button on the ft case?i do not add oil to the rear, do you have a pic of what you have?

No relief button, should I use one? will the pressure be that much in the front cover?...this is the type of blower case, plate. cover that I have, also have the same "smooth" style bearing plate in the rear, with sealed bearings, seals, and 3 bolt retainer plates holding the bearings in, I have a cast finned cover sealing the rear bearing plate, I know I could possibly eliminate the rear plate, and use the rear cast finned BDS plate to mount the rear bearings, but if I decide to use the factory end plate along with the BDS finned rear plate, I don't need fluid/oil in the rear bearing assy?

Thanks for any input
Mike

Attached picture 6885294-KGrHqVjUE6D3ilmTvBOnKFGiBuQ60_3.JPG

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/24/11 03:37 AM

you realy should have a pressure relief valve.the blower makes heat and forces iol into the case past the front seals.

Re: blower gear oil/lube - 10/24/11 05:01 PM

Quote:

you realy should have a pressure relief valve.the blower makes heat and forces iol into the case past the front seals.

OK will do Mike, Thanks for your input, Much Appreciated!

Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums