Moparts

Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring

Posted By: Dyno1

Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/18/11 05:54 PM

Does anyone offer a quick disconnect wiring setup for a Mopar (Powermaster) starter on a hemi/RB block. I spend more time and hassle trying to connect the starter wiring and cable than I should. Plus the cable is almost touching the side of the block, I would hate to have it come loose and ground against the block or frame. Thanks, Dyno
Posted By: perfmachst

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/18/11 08:00 PM

hi, I used one from a 950 scoop loader, catipeller. its big and carries the load, has shrouded ends that plug together. makes started work lot easier!! just food for thought.
Posted By: 1969RR

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/18/11 09:18 PM

Doing the exact same thing on mine. I was just thinking how I could put a quick connect on it. Where can I get the connector you are talking about? Thanks and sorry to hijack this! Jeff
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/19/11 05:11 PM

Would you happen to know the Caterpillar part number? thanks, Dan
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/19/11 10:48 PM

I too tired quickly with tring to get the wires off of the starter, but I went in a different direction than your plan. I have the batteries in the trunk and the main hot cable runs from the battery to the firewall connection (a insulated bulkhead "stud type" connector) and made a short cable to go to the starter from there. I also have a small (10 ga) wire to the starter solinod from the starter relay and used heat shrink tubing to make them as one. now when I remove the starter, I disconnect the wires from the firewall and take the starter and wires out together. The ground cable from the battery goes directly to the starter mounting stud with a 90* lug so it stays away from the headers.
Just a different way to do the same thing.

Brian Dunnigan
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/19/11 11:44 PM

I use a grey quick disconnect style for tarp systems on our semis. We get them at a local napa, or fleet supplier. They are the same ones a bunch of the round round guys use. I have a year with no trouble on mine and in tarp system use they get full 12 volt loads for 20-30 seconds and hold up with no problems.
I'll try to get a pic or pn, but they are grey, about 1.5" wide and 1/2 thick 2 pole and slide together. That or try a snow plow supplier.
Posted By: blracing

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/20/11 12:09 AM

try summit #all76300 conecter.
Posted By: blracing

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/20/11 12:11 AM

or g1431 bulkhead conecter
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Quick Disconnect Starter Wiring - 10/20/11 12:51 AM

Maybe this
http://www.rustrepair.com/snow_plow_parts/onlinecat.htm?r=ds&p=sn-boss-bs.elec
© 2024 Moparts Forums