Moparts

Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going?

Posted By: Bigbeep

Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/18/11 06:22 AM

Who on here is going to the halloween classic? 2 of my buddies from work and I are going. 1 dragster (chevy powered), 1 ford mustang, and my Barracuda. Staying there all week and more than likely will be out bs'ing with my racing buddies 1 more time before old man winter gets here.
Beep
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/18/11 04:00 PM

Hell no thats like a cold nightmare !!! hope you have fun !
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/18/11 04:42 PM

Ditto!!! Plus you hardly get to do any actual racing! The main program is one time trial on Friday, one elimination run on Saturday then 2nd round onward on Sunday. And they are running 1/8 mile!!!

When I go to a race I prefer to actually, you know, RACE MY CAR!!!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/18/11 04:51 PM

really...1/8th mile? Boo...
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/19/11 02:25 PM

I go every year, although I don't get there til Friday morning. Yeah it's cold and 1/8 mile and you don't race much if you aren't in a bonus race, but you get to hang out with your racing friends, the track has lots of contests and games and NICE giveaways, and probably the best trick or treat for kids on Saturday night. I miss spending the whole week out there, but work and money keep it down to three days for me. I'm still old school: I'll be sleeping in my "race car" while I'm there.
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/20/11 04:37 AM

Can't wait! Favorite event of the year.

Anyone else?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/20/11 11:55 AM

Quote:

Can't wait! Favorite event of the year.

Anyone else?

Whiskyrunner and I hope be there For the week. We both really enjoy this race and look forward to it every year. I am having a few issues with the motorhome running lights but should have time to get them working right. I entered the Sunday race, Thursdays box race and of course the Classic main event.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/20/11 03:02 PM

Quote:

Ditto!!! Plus you hardly get to do any actual racing! The main program is one time trial on Friday, one elimination run on Saturday then 2nd round onward on Sunday. And they are running 1/8 mile!!!

Its pretty widely known that if you are looking for a serious racing event the halloween classic is not it. It is more of an end of the year party with some racing thrown in. Trick or treating for kids, wheelie contests, drinkin, bbq, and having fun is kind of what the event is about. It is a good time if your into that sort of thing.
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/20/11 05:09 PM

I'll be there sometime Thursday, running the Friday No Box gamblers, in Sportsman for the main event. My buddy Mike will be making it too, no box Friday, and Pro main event.

They had to move it to 1/8th. The weather is way too unpredictable at this time of year, and it keeps the show safer and moving along, reduces carnage. It does drag a little if you're not in that day's gambler, but if you go rounds, it's a race day! I want that gremlin trophy!
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/20/11 05:17 PM

This trophy!

Posted By: R/T BRAD

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 01:28 AM

We will be there on Sat. with the kids. The kids love the hour long trick or treat sat. night and the wheelie contest and adult halloween costume contest can be fun.

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 06:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Its pretty widely known that if you are looking for a serious racing event the halloween classic is not it. It is more of an end of the year party with some racing thrown in. Trick or treating for kids, wheelie contests, drinkin, bbq, and having fun is kind of what the event is about. It is a good time if your into that sort of thing.

That's it right there. This is where the season ends and you can BS all day with people you may not see again for 5 or 6 months. The racing is still fun between rain or snow or hail or tornados. But mostly it is a party you just happen to take your car to. Beep

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 06:21 AM

TheBlackCar, Whiskeyrunner, and Pittsburgracer, you guys need to introduce yourself. Beep
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 02:15 PM

Quote:

We will be there on Sat. with the kids. The kids love the hour long trick or treat sat. night and the wheelie contest and adult halloween costume contest can be fun.

We will be there thursday getting the bird dialed in for next years brkt racing(should have a empty bottle of jack by saturday)hint,hint!!!..lol
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 07:04 PM

Quote:

TheBlackCar, Whiskeyrunner, and Pittsburgracer, you guys need to introduce yourself. Beep

I will look for your Barracuda as I would like to meet you and check out your car. We will be parked in the grass as we love having a campfire every night and enjoying the week with our friends. We will be racing the black and white duster. Look us up.
Posted By: R/T BRAD

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We will be there thursday getting the bird dialed in for next years brkt racing(should have a empty bottle of jack by saturday)hint,hint!!!..lol

Make sure you have plenty of candy for the kids. There may be a bottle of jack at the bottom of Chase's trick or treat bag for you.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Norwalk Halloween Classic...... Who's going? - 10/21/11 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Make sure you have plenty of candy for the kids. There may be a bottle of jack at the bottom of Chase's trick or treat bag for you.

© 2024 Moparts Forums