Moparts

my view of this years MMW.

Posted By: nssracer1

my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 05:24 PM

I give this an event an A+. I was pleasantly suprised at the number of race cars at this event. Just in NSS we had 57 cars. Very good. Ya the weather sucked but that not Joshs fault. He did a great job of using social media and tradition advertising to bring alot of cars. Bringing in the crew from Saint Louis was a smart move. Using these guys made the event run like a well oiled machine event instead of a new event. I can tell you every racer I spoke with had a great time despite the weather. And having a good time is what racing is all about. Ill be there next year. Thanks, Josh for taking this event, job well done. Doug Duell
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 05:29 PM

DITTO < DITTO Awesome
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 09:45 PM

I agree, it was an awesome event. Despite the rain it was a great time and a lot of cool cars. Thanks Josh for putting this event together, and thank you doug for helping with NSS, you did a good job as always.

Casey
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 09:52 PM

I must agree,I was amazed at the car count. I never got a chance to look at the other side of the track(show cars and swap meet) for more than a couple minutes but it looked packed as well.
I also give a hats off to the raceway crew. I was half of the first pair of cars down the track Friday and hooked well,other tracks I have been to need several cars down before it starts to come around.
I am looking forward to the next one!!
Keith
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 09:55 PM

Great Weekend!!!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:03 PM

So it got rain out today ? I going to put this on our list to go to next year..

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:25 PM

The rain came last night. We had a light rain,the reprepped the track and called us up for second round of the big $$ Box/No Box race,and the the rain hit hard.
I was hoping the rain would stay gone long enough today to at least finish that race but no luck. A big system came through today before we got back out.
Keith
Posted By: dartman366

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:34 PM

Quote:

So it got rain out today ? I going to put this on our list to go to next year..

Same here, work prevented me this year.
Posted By: Mopar Grandpa

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:40 PM

For the racers that were not able to make it over to the car show side, Mick indicated that they had over 450 show cars registered. The size of Lucas Oil Raceway could easily handle an additional 450 cars. GREAT RACING and GREAT CAR SHOW!
I'm glad it will be held in Indy again next year. Josh, his crew and the track personnel did a fantastic job of making this a pleasant and safe weekend for everyone. I never heard a negative comment about anything. That is unusual for a first event with a new promoter.
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:54 PM

Josh thanks for picking up the tradition for the 27th year .
Thanks to the Indy track crew for a hookin track .
Thanks to Mark Martin ,Mick ??, Aubry and Joshs Father .
Lets not forget Scott for announcing the event .
Even without a complete race Sat money was paid out .
I can only see this event bigger better next year.As Announced today

Thanks Don & Cheryl Rauch

Attached picture 6842062-BKD9-11-01_302C.jpg
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 10:57 PM

Kay and I had a great time even though the rain and my first round red lite was a little depressing. A great turn out, swap area as big as the nats? pretty close, and a whole big bunch of great looking show cars. Also a big thank you to Josh and his good looking better half Aubrey for the feed on saturday nite, very much appreciated By the Smiths. see you again next year. Larry and special K
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/25/11 11:57 PM

I`ll be the one to throw out a negative comment...Not that anybodys cares tho:

I think the overall show was great, Could only go Sat and Sun because of work, Due to no car I took the challenger and stuck it in Gen3 Hemi

120 buck entry total, Class plus 2 bands, Spent over 12 hours at the track saturday and got ONE time run....I`m sorry but to say i`m slightly less than thrilled is a understatement, that was one expensive T&T pass.

I understand there were factors involved (oildowns Saturday and weather today) and there will always be priority to faster classes but I still paid a entry fee just like the rest of the racers did.

With that off my chest, Again Congrats to Josh and crew, Those of us around here know it has been hard to do a Mopar show here

Rick
Posted By: Cuda_Mike

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 12:14 AM

I think you'll be getting a cut of your classes purse in the mail if not run or eliminated. It will go to the address on your tech card. I had a blast, rain sucked.

Attached picture 6842180-8-24-11.jpg

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 12:18 AM

Quote:

rain sucked.

It was to crummy this morning to even have golf cart races in the pits
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 12:20 AM

Quote:

I think the overall show was great, Could only go Sat and Sun because of work, Due to no car I took the challenger and stuck it in Gen3 Hemi

120 buck entry total, Class plus 2 bands, Spent over 12 hours at the track saturday and got ONE time run....I`m sorry but to say i`m slightly less than thrilled is a understatement, that was one expensive T&T pass.

I understand there were factors involved (oildowns Saturday and weather today) and there will always be priority to faster classes but I still paid a entry fee just like the rest of the racers did.

With that off my chest, Again Congrats to Josh and crew, Those of us around here know it has been hard to do a Mopar show here

Rick

Rick,

I think you will change you mind about the "cost" of your time run when the check comes in the mail. Josh took the total advertised prize fund for the class, divided it by the number of entries, and will be mailing your winnings. If I remember correctly, your time run WON you about $20 ON TOP OF YOUR ENTRY FEE.

Scott

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 12:27 AM

Scott
I understand and please don`t anybody take it like I am throwing a complete fit
I thought There was enough time that I think they could have squeezed in another run for us, that was a long day but maybe i`m mistaken....I guess it is more of a case of me having a unknown and needing a little data on it.

BTW when you said "nobody has rain tires" this morning on the PA, I appearantly didn`t yell oud enough.
I did

Rick

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 01:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rick

Rick,

I think you will change you mind about the "cost" of your time run when the check comes in the mail. Josh took the total advertised prize fund for the class, divided it by the number of entries, and will be mailing your winnings. If I remember correctly, your time run WON you about $20 ON TOP OF YOUR ENTRY FEE.

Scott

Thats fair maybe more than fair .
I believe josh and his team knows the time run issues and will be reviewing that also .Everyone wants to be treated equal with what they paid in entry's and make some pass's down the famed track .
As I saw open time runs on Friday could work for most .Sat scheduled runs .
DR

Attached picture 6842938-BKD9-11-01_302C.jpg
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 01:56 PM

throw my 2 cents in,, it was a great event, i didnt get to race, we was on the car show side this year, my nephew recieved 2 place in the show for 71 b bodies , great for a car that hasnt seen daylite for 3 years!! thank you ,
the announcing was some of the greatest i have ever heard ,!
got to see som tremendous racing, yes rain sucked!,
times runs was the only place i would say was a downer for some, 4-5 times runs for a class to many! when some only got 1 so that needs addressed for next year,
as for the show staying at indy,,
if money allows us next year we will be there, it is exspensive trip,
with gateway back open , and if the mopar gods have there way, there will be a mopar show here for us here at gateway! so that will be the deciding factor as well , after all this is where it all started, only fitting that it has a mopar show, !
other than that , josh dont dish us at gateway,

If Gateway reopens next year, we will move the event back. But we need everyones support until then.

--------------------
Monster Mopar Weekend September 23rd, 24th, 25th 2011 at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis

Posted By: Hitman340

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 02:14 PM

I think a big thanks are also in order to Dunnuck Racing.Keith was giving away FREE DYNO TIME to the racers.This was not ask of him nor planned ahead of time.Keith steeped up the day he got there to give something extra back to the racers.That Was Awesome of you Keith,THANK YOU.I think there is something to be learned here.Josh gladly excepted his offer to do this with out asking for something to fill his own pocket.This only helps the racer and the event.It only gets better from here.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 02:25 PM

Let me make a small correction. No class only got one time run. All classes in competition got 2 time runs on Friday. The Hemi class were basically the final class on the schedule to run. So the Hemi cars got 3 time runs. Our friend only got one because he showed up Saturday morning. Had the rain not hit, he would have gotten another Saturday and another Sunday morning. He is getting a check and it sounds like he made money on his entry. Saturday did run long but its that time of year and cars are making more power and they are worn out from running all season. AKA breakage. We had an hour from one incident alone and a couple stops for sprinkles.
Now for my positive comments. I dont think that any of us expected the car count. WOW! All statements about making you feel wanted were spot on. My wife drove in Friday night and when I came in Saturday he asked me what I was paying for. I said I brought a spectator today and he thanked me twice. I made the mistake of driving my scotter through the midway to get air in my tank. Holy Moly that place was packed. I drove back up the return road on the way back So we have the gamblers race and we get to the final and here comes Josh. "I got a $100 bill to the guy with the best reaction right here" So after the race, he gave BOTH of us, YES BOTH, a $100 bill. How cool is that???
The only constructive criticism I can think to give would be to have the race information with regards to payout and schedule easier to find on the website. I think Josh is already on that one anyway.
Cant wait for next year... and oh BTW there might be two events next year
Posted By: nhramark

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Scott
I understand and please don`t anybody take it like I am throwing a complete fit
I thought There was enough time that I think they could have squeezed in another run for us, that was a long day but maybe i`m mistaken....I guess it is more of a case of me having a unknown and needing a little data on it.

BTW when you said "nobody has rain tires" this morning on the PA, I appearantly didn`t yell oud enough.
I did

Rick

Let me address your concerns. Friday every class got 2 time runs and we made a call in the afternoon for anybody who needed another run to come to the lanes. (I know you weren't there on Friday, but that's not on us)

Saturday we had some rain and breakage delays. The backbreaker was a major oil down in the left lane that took an hour and a half to clean up. With weather looming and eliminations for the heads up classes and box/no box race, I cancelled the 2nd Sat time run for Street, Hemi, and Trophy. I had to do everything I could to try getting eliminations completed.

Sunday morning my plan was to give Street, Hemi, and Trophy their missed time run before anyone else went down the track. Josh could have kept a bunch of money for himself, but we are paying out EVERY PENNEY of the posted prize money and HEMI racers will receive a check for $140.
Since Trophy racers are not a money class, they will get free entry to next years event.

Trust me, we want to take care of EVERY racer who came to our event. We want ALL of you back next year.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 02:39 PM

I and I wholeheartedly believe you have done so to the best of your abilities

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

I think a big thanks are also in order to Dunnuck Racing.Keith was giving away FREE DYNO TIME to the racers.This was not ask of him nor planned ahead of time.Keith steeped up the day he got there to give something extra back to the racers.That Was Awesome of you Keith,THANK YOU.I think there is something to be learned here.Josh gladly excepted his offer to do this with out asking for something to fill his own pocket.This only helps the racer and the event.It only gets better from here.

Thanks For the kudo's,Jeff!
I ended up not getting the chance to award anything that I offered due the rainouts. I am working on a plan to still give something out to the guys that were there. Hopefully I can get something posted on here soon,when I have a plan.
Keith

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:07 PM

Quote:

throw my 2 cents in,, times runs was the only place i would say was a downer for some, 4-5 times runs for a class to many! when some only got 1 so that needs addressed for next year,

If Gateway reopens next year, we will move the event back. But we need everyones support until then.

Dennis I'm not sure who you are and I definitely don't know who you think "we" is, but everything I included from your post above is completely wrong. I'm glad you had a good time, but don't post errant stuff like that. It just causes problems for those of us who are actually calling the shots.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

throw my 2 cents in,, i didnt get to race, we was on the car show side this year,
times runs was the only place i would say was a downer for some, 4-5 times runs for a class to many! when some only got 1 so that needs addressed for next year,

--------------------
Monster Mopar Weekend September 23rd, 24th, 25th 2011 at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis

Dennis I'm not sure who you are and I definitely don't know who you think "we" is, but everything I included from your post above is completely wrong. I'm glad you had a good time, but don't post errant stuff like that. It just causes problems for those of us who are actually calling the shots.

MM SORRY YOU TAKE IT THAT WAY,
obviously im sadly mistaken , along with 10 of us that heard the call on sat for time runs , really dont care, i wasnt racing,
i just made a comment about 2 many time runs for one class on sat , and you dig me ?? the comment about bringing it back next year cam from josh hisself , so dont dig me there either,
i have nothing but good about indy,, but youre comments to me i may rethink it quickly!!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:34 PM

Let me get this headed back in the right direction here guys

Dennis, thanks for coming to the show, and I have heard lots of people from trophy and street who didnt get an equal number of runs on Saturday. We did move them around a little to try to get the rounds in before the rain, and some people missed out. That was why I gave everyone in trophy free entry into the race next year as a trophy class. But if rain would have held out, they would have gotten there runs..... I will race until 3am if thats what it takes to get everyone down the track....I dont mind paying for the lights

Gateway is still an option but NOT next year, as the track has not been sold. It is on a one year lease, but thats not enough for me. I would be a fool to move it back for one year not knowing the outcome.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:43 PM

Dennis I'm not "digging" you, but your statements were inaccurate. There were no classes that got 4 or 5 time runs on Saturday. There were no classes that got only one time run for the weekend. Josh has no plans to move this event back to STL next year whether Gateway re-opens or not.

If you have other questions, comments, or suggestions, fire away. I'll be glad to respond to them.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:44 PM

ok thought about,
i had nothing but good to say about josh's race,
i had great time ,got to see clay kasuth, some of the boys,talked to alot of racers who where having a great time.
bought stuff to finish my ride, my nephew got 2 place in the show ,
i got to watch some great racing ,got to see cars never see again,
i will leave it to my memory and my camera, great job josh!!

as for you mark, you get my thumbs down for pissing in my wheetees
Posted By: CRT

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 04:57 PM

As a racer, I give the MMW an A+, The track prep was the best I ever seen it, My car hooked in both lanes every time all weekend long.
As a sponsor, I give MMW an AAA+++, Scott did a very good job on the mike. Thanks to Josh for bringing the event to Indy, I had a good time.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 05:03 PM

Josh, first of all congrats on a successful event.

I'm kinda lost on what you do. Your profile lists Electrical Design Engineer, but you're obiously connected w/ " the powers that be"

Just ignore if this seems too personal of a question.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 05:14 PM

Quote:

Sunday morning my plan was to give Street, Hemi, and Trophy their missed time run before anyone else went down the track. Josh could have kept a bunch of money for himself, but we are paying out EVERY PENNEY of the posted prize money and HEMI racers will receive a check for $140.
Since Trophy racers are not a money class, they will get free entry to next years event.

Trust me, we want to take care of EVERY racer who came to our event. We want ALL of you back next year

Mark
Like I said previously, Please don`t take me the wrong way, I was just a little miffed at the time frame, I`ve been around this game long enough to know stuff happens.
I truely appreciate what you all did this weekend given the things that were out of all our control.
Thank you for the split, that is above and beyond.

Rick
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 05:15 PM

Hey Josh how about a Monster East, West and South.
Indy
St. Louis
Memphis
You would get one event within 500 miles of me.
Congratulations on a successful event in spite of challenges beyond your control.

I have to ask was it raining at Gateway?
Posted By: dan1320

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 05:17 PM

Sounds like this is the event to attend! Sorry I missed it but will be there next year even if it's only to spectate.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 05:20 PM

Quote:

Let me get this headed back in the right direction here guys

Dennis, thanks for coming to the show, and I have heard lots of people from trophy and street who didnt get an equal number of runs on Saturday. We did move them around a little to try to get the rounds in before the rain, and some people missed out. That was why I gave everyone in trophy free entry into the race next year as a trophy class. But if rain would have held out, they would have gotten there runs..... I will race until 3am if thats what it takes to get everyone down the track....I dont mind paying for the lights

Gateway is still an option but NOT next year, as the track has not been sold. It is on a one year lease, but thats not enough for me. I would be a fool to move it back for one year not knowing the outcome.

thanks josh, yes i had great time! , just so as you know gateway was always on lease , even with dover, on lease from the land owners,
dont think you have to move it back, just consider a 2 show deal,
it your show now, if wasnt for us st louis area mopar racers woundnt be a monster mopar to talk about,
we want to see it succeed and get bigger, if it wasnt for the rain , this by far would have been the biggest,
i have never missed a mmw since the start,
thanks for keeping it real , as for mark,

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 06:15 PM

Quote:

I'm kinda lost on what you do. Your profile lists Electrical Design Engineer, but you're obiously connected w/ " the powers that be"

Thanks, I am by trade an electrician, and electrical design engineer.

I am now a guy who is going to try to build the best Mopar Show in the country.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 06:24 PM

I think you've of a heck of a good start by the sound of things. Might be worth the 4 hr drive next year if you could just keep the MM curse(rain) away.
Posted By: Get-X

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 06:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I am now a guy who is going to try to build the best Mopar Show in the country.

I think you just did!

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 09:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So is it okay if we still call you "sparky"?

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 10:48 PM

Quote:

He has a Green car, we can call him alot of things.....................................ooh wait, YOU have a green car too

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 11:45 PM

I am just curious if all the 10.5 guys had a group buy on green paint
Posted By: CRT

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 11:46 PM

Posted By: Get-X

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/26/11 11:59 PM

Quote:

I'd go easy on the color razzing with the color of your car being what it is I have earned the right to pick on you John, please note the color of my 65' in the background

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 12:34 AM

Quote:

ha

ha

ha

the baddest cars just happen to have the baddest color paint
Posted By: nss guy

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 12:34 AM

Great Event, well run, and a Big Thanks for making the call early on the race Sunday. Nothing worse than sitting around all day waiting for the race to cancelled.
I think you won alot of future support for how you handled the payouts. Class Act

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 12:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He has a Green car, we can call him alot of things.....................................ooh wait, YOU have a green car too

And EXTREMELY glad I do. You all are just GREEN with envy. And you can call me anything you want.....just don't call me for that engine stand trade thing we had going.

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

ha

ha

ha

the baddest cars just happen to have the baddest color paint

, what he said!

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 04:25 AM

Man I am dissappointed in you guys. I was waiting for the crack about the purple suit

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 12:08 PM

Maybe some on here observed several cars making more trips down the track than others .I was entered in 4 different class's . As some were entered 1 or more .I took my class's call to the lanes and no more.
Josh made the decisions on everything else right or wrong for all of us.

Without us their would have been no mmw in STL thats B.S .Without Scott and Larry starting it and polishing, fine tuning it throughout 26 years year later .
Those from STL area quit B@$&^#ing show up or move on .
So give Josh and the gang the same startup ,growing pains.
DR

Attached picture 6844462-BKD9-11-01_302C.jpg

Re: my view of this years MMW. - 09/27/11 01:41 PM

let me clarify something real fast, i had a great time, enjoyed the show, the set up for car show , swap meet , was excellent! codoos to all ,
if for some reason i simply disagree with a few things thats a norm
it happens in all shows,i understand it was the first year of josh's rein of MMW , i have never missed a M M W ever! i being beet up over a small issue is definatly not a class act, i sure would hate to see me miss an event over being beet over the head over a small issue,
that in all reality , is just a blip on the sceen,
all in all i had a great time , and we will see what next year bring with it, as it appears that 2 tracks will be open for racing around st louis, ( crossing fingers)
© 2024 Moparts Forums