Moparts

starting linebog...wheels up

Posted By: V10nacuda

starting linebog...wheels up - 09/22/11 11:39 PM

B-1 With a dominator
1) fuel pressure is 9 psi doesn't appear to drop at launch.
2) good aeromotive pump & regulator.
3) -12 to the pump...-10 to the regulator..-6 to the garb
4) worked up to 42 shooter still boggs
5) I foot brake the car and leave around 2800.
6) 60' is 1.42 give or. Take .002
7) jet extensions...not the cheap plastic ones..
8) tube connecting both the front & rear breathed made no change.

This darn thing leaves as soon as the front wheels get a few inches up it boggs bad!!!! Picks back up makes power...boggs and then is fine for the rest of the run!!!

I can't figure this thing out...last year it would 60' 1.36 with no bog..
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/22/11 11:46 PM

Quote:

B-1 With a dominator
1) fuel pressure is 9 psi doesn't appear to drop at launch.
2) good aeromotive pump & regulator.
3) -12 to the pump...-10 to the regulator..-6 to the garb
4) worked up to 42 shooter still boggs
5) I foot brake the car and leave around 2800.
6) 60' is 1.42 give or. Take .002
7) jet extensions...not the cheap plastic ones..
8) tube connecting both the front & rear breathed made no change.

This darn thing leaves as soon as the front wheels get a few inches up it boggs bad!!!! Picks back up makes power...boggs and then is fine for the rest of the run!!!

I can't figure this thing out...last year it would 60' 1.36 with no bog..

What did you change from last year to now... I seen
this when I was real lean... is the float level good

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 12:39 AM

Pulled it out of the trailer tried to make a few runs at pittsburgh and it bogged worse and the fuel pressure was all over the place......so I swapped in a complete new fuel system and lines. Added shooter size and the vent tube fix. Fuel level is at the bottom of the site glass....still bogging...

Doesn't a 42 shooter seem large when previously it worked ok with a stock dominator shooter?
Posted By: fishy340

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 12:44 AM

not sure about dominators,but i've seen dead spots from the pump cam not being right

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

Pulled it out of the trailer tried to make a few runs at pittsburgh and it bogged worse and the fuel pressure was all over the place......so I swapped in a complete new fuel system and lines. Added shooter size and the vent tube fix. Fuel level is at the bottom of the site glass....still bogging...

Doesn't a 42 shooter seem large when previously it worked ok with a stock dominator shooter?

I use stock squirters in my 1050... check the bleeds
to see if they're plugged... is this on a trans brake
or foot
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 02:21 AM

To big of squirters can cause a bog also Is this a three circuit carb? If so try enlarging the intermediate air bleeds .020 or more and go down on the suirteres I had a Holley 9375-2 HP that started to bog, got worst when I changed to bigger squirters, change the intermediate bleeds and pick up .4 in the 1/4,.15 in the 60 ft. times Changed back to smaller squirters and pick up a little bit(.002 to .003) in the 60s
Posted By: ProSport

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 03:01 AM

Another simple check is the fuel bowl gaskets, I had some swell enough to partially close off certain holes and the car ran like crap, took a couple months of misery til I tried new gaskets and responded with 9.80's!!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 03:27 AM

Quote:

How long had it been sitting? I've seen the gaskets dry up and shrink too. Have you opened up the carb and made sure everything is clean and clear?

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 06:04 AM

I thought the air bleeds were more of function down track...but I will look.

I never thought about the gaskets.....the carb was new but had been on the shelf for awhile when I got it......just figured as long as they don't leak they are good.

This is foot brake deal and is a 3 circuit garb..

Thanks for the suggestions guys I will look at the suggested
areas...

I appreciate the help...I am somewhat carb illiterate
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 09/23/11 06:22 PM

The three circuit carbs have the intermediate circuit for a reason, that is so us stupid foot brake racers that use them will have to tune that circuit to get the car to leave cleanly Try a biiger air bleed on the intermediate circuit, say .073 or close to that Go back to a 31 squirter after that if the bleed change fixes the bog

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 10/25/11 02:18 AM

Got the gaskets replaced with no. Change...hope to try and get one more outing before snow to try the air bleed.

At least it a consistent bog

Re: starting linebog...wheels up - 10/25/11 02:32 AM

How far out are you when it happens(10, 20, 30 feet)
if its right at the line(or damn close) I would think
its not getting fuel... I assume the revs start to
pick up then it falls on its face... did you check
the bleeds... it sounds like its going lean
© 2024 Moparts Forums