Moparts

Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's

Posted By: max_maniac

Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 06:50 PM

On Friday first run in the morning I had a 1.29 60ft which was way better then my best of 1.33 prior to that day. The car all weekend had anywhere from a 1.29 to 1.32 60ft. Also had a new best ET of 9.72 and the car was on a string!!! I had 3 runs with a 9.73 and 4 runs with a 9.72 all in a row over Saturday and Sunday -- morning, afternoon or night Now all the car has to do is teach me how to drive

Got to thank by bud Dave for all his help and guidance to get the car to this point so far ----- he thinks he's done but I have different thoughts bout that

Got to hang with my friends Walt, Chad, Bill and Butch and see a bunch of friends I have not seen for a while. Had some of Randy's Jambalya and some really great Canadian beer from our friends up North!! Great to see everyone once again.

Russ
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 07:04 PM

Russ..AWESOME! That ole' car sure does fly! Glad ya liked the Zatarain's..and Hilshire smoked sausage,to go along with the Canadian brewski's! Those guys(Ron,Kevin)as well as Tom(Fast Yeti)and Dr. Doug..are WAY TOO GENEROUS! Can't say enough good things about them! I thank God quite often,to be lucky enough to call them my friends! They are the BEST! I will post the "group pictures" this evening! Randy
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 07:31 PM

Gotta agree with ya Russ my worst 60 was a 1.34 and that was its best(1.29 now)! Great seeing you bud
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 08:29 PM

Quote:

On Friday first run in the morning I had a 1.29 60ft which was way better then my best of 1.33 prior to that day. The car all weekend had anywhere from a 1.29 to 1.32 60ft. Also had a new best ET of 9.72 and the car was on a string!!! I had 3 runs with a 9.73 and 4 runs with a 9.72 all in a row over Saturday and Sunday -- morning, afternoon or night Now all the car has to do is teach me how to drive

Got to thank by bud Dave for all his help and guidance to get the car to this point so far ----- he thinks he's done but I have different thoughts bout that

Got to hang with my friends Walt, Chad, Bill and Butch and see a bunch of friends I have not seen for a while. Had some of Randy's Jambalya and some really great Canadian beer from our friends up North!! Great to see everyone once again.

Russ

That place is always a good time... plus it will
find the weak spots in your drive train... and good
food and friends with some up north brews is ALWAYS
a good time... sorry I missed it again this year
Posted By: OhioGTX

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 08:38 PM

Well said...the traction this past weekedd was incredible. I realized a new best 60' as well it was 1.30. My prev best was 1.34..this will be hard to improve on.

Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 08:44 PM

New 60' and New best as well here...

Old 60' 1.41-1.42
NEW 1.38

Old ET 10.08
New 10.04
Posted By: Fast Yeti

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 09:25 PM

New best for me with new combination. 60' 1.34, et 9.36 mph 142. all motor this time no spray.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 09:28 PM

Did anyone not run a new best this weekend
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 09:36 PM

Quote:

New best for me with new combination. 60' 1.34, et 9.36 mph 142. all motor this time no spray.

It was nice talking to again Tom, hope you get your trans fixed had to be from all that power that motors making

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 09:41 PM

Thanks Allen , it was nice seeing you again as well. I love that Charger of yours. Do you think your dad will go for the SV1 carberator?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 09:54 PM

had my personal best too. best 60 for the weekend, 1.258. worst, 1.311. best et, 9.611. hooked hard & yanked wheels every time. had a great time, can't wait till next year. stay safe, seeya.

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 10:15 PM

Rob, I accidently deleated your PM. My combo is one of Muscle Motors "King Krate" motors with more compression in order to take advantage of E85. The engine is a 605', 13.5/1 small runner 572-13 heads, 440-3x intake and a Pro Systems Sv1 E85 carb.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 11:20 PM

Quote:

Did anyone not run a new best this weekend [/quote
Not me I'm still stuck at 11.01
Doug
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 11:21 PM

Quote:

I dropped two tenths this weekend pushing the POS Dakota up the driveway due to the weight savings from removing the 518 trans. There's more in it though...I can take a new set of tires out of the bed, and my old steering rack core. That should be another tenth. And by changing from sandals to tennis shoes, there should be even more in it. There is always this weekend...
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 11:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I dropped two tenths this weekend pushing the POS Dakota up the driveway due to the weight savings from removing the 518 trans. There's more in it though...I can take a new set of tires out of the bed, and my old steering rack core. That should be another tenth. And by changing from sandals to tennis shoes, there should be even more in it. There is always this weekend...

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/19/11 11:36 PM

Way to go, Maximus. You and your car sure make a lovely couple. Congrats.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 12:13 AM

No new best but at a new LEGAL race weight of 3900 I went 10.82 with a 60' of 1.45 which ties my best.
Posted By: 72gtx4speed

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 12:42 AM

i didn't, but my car was parked with the poodles.
glad all you die hard racers were flying this weekend.

congrats, clem
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 12:56 AM

Funny when ever I talk about CalTracs and marginal tracks I'm always told about how bad the tracks are in Ohio. You guys just don't know...
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 01:20 AM

Yes it was indeed this weekend. New best 60' of 1.30 & new ET of 10.14. Both are on a cpl things that could have been better. Been so busy this summer. Never set the valves, even though I backed off the rockers over the winter. Never even changed the spark plugs. So I am more than pleased w/the car. As for myself, couldnt cut a light in eliminations to save my life. Fri was an .006 red & went an 10.18 on an 18 dial. Sat was an .004 red & went 10.178 on an 18 dial. Then Sun really missed the mark .042 RED again, but went a 10.14 on an 18 dial. SO it was all me this weekend. But the weater was great. So many Moparts friends there. Only broke a cpl lugs anbd twisted some wheel studs on friday. Quick fix for the most part there as well. Cant wait for next year already!!!!. See ya, Ken & Carrie Michalik
P.S. sorry for the bad pic of a pic, but you will see the track was hooking!!!

Attached picture 6833609-0916111305[1].jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 03:19 AM

Wow seems like everyone at that track ran new best. Congrats on the new best. Ron
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/20/11 03:03 PM

Russ, if you keep this up it's going to need some wheelie bars

That car of yours sure is fun to watch on the launch and super consistent too !

See ya next year

Ron
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Norwalk is the "House of Hook" and new best's - 09/21/11 12:45 AM

"Got to thank by bud Dave for all his help and guidance to get the car to this point so far ----- he thinks he's done but I have different thoughts bout that "

Naw I just said I was done for the year - I still got lots left in that mill to play with! I guess you should port them heads some day out of the box just leaves too much on the table.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums