Moparts

Any feedback / input re: Joe Gibbs "Hot Rod" Oil?

Posted By: BradH

Any feedback / input re: Joe Gibbs "Hot Rod" Oil? - 09/15/11 04:46 PM

I'm interested in any "real world" info on Joe Gibbs' "Hot Rod" oil that's intended for street use (since the "real" JG Race oil is not).

So, whaddya' all know about the JG HR stuff? Anything you know if probably more than I do. Is it worth considering for a serious street/strip engine? And how does it compare to something like Brad Penn's street-friendly race oil?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/15/11 04:50 PM

And equally importantly, how many users have performed both new and used oil analysis, and what are their findings?

(a little bit rhetorical as I don't expect many have done it, but if anyone has, would really like to see what they came up with)
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/15/11 06:36 PM

I run brad Penn straight 50 weight in my car and have had good luck
Posted By: 526ciduster

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/15/11 07:35 PM

Quote:

I run brad Penn straight 50 weight in my car and have had good luck

X2

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/16/11 04:15 PM

I'm going to re-title this post, since it's apparently missed the mark in generating the required kinds of replies.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/16/11 04:30 PM

had to edit my reply to it so it made sense

Re: Ohhh nooo!!! Another oil brand thread??? LOL!!! - 09/16/11 07:41 PM

Well, I know one thing for sure: Any Joe Gibbs Driven oil product must have some liquified gold in the ingredients, based on the price. Even their lowly conventional street oils are $8/qt, and their racing stuff is just scary expensive IMO.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Any feedback / input re: Joe Gibbs "Hot Rod" Oil? - 09/16/11 11:19 PM

We run the HotRod oil in Tim's road race 427. Not sure if it is worth it or not, just happens to be the oil that we got.

I've never had the time (or wanted to spend the money) to do any oil comparisons on the dyno. It is a hot, messy job and it takes a bunch of time to get the oil temp exactly the same for back to back pulls.
© 2024 Moparts Forums