Moparts

Will this pass tech

Posted By: 87MO DAK

Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 07:22 PM

Last time to the track ,I had to move the fuel regulator...
So with what i had on hand this is what I could do .
Will it pass?

Attached picture 6821191-Picture114(Small).jpg
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 07:23 PM

If I was a tech guy I would pass the fuel lines but not the FRAM oil filter
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 07:24 PM

I would say yes it will

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 07:26 PM

Quote:

Its an HP1 ..Im going to change it ,but what is good? I can get a WIX cheap.
Thanks
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 08:05 PM

probably will pass - but unless you like under hood fires that regulator should be firmly mounted. That's a bunch a weight hanging off an aluminum thin wall pipe - be safe and mount it right.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 08:43 PM

Quote:

probably will pass - but unless you like under hood fires that regulator should be firmly mounted. That's a bunch a weight hanging off an aluminum thin wall pipe - be safe and mount it right.

it will pass but dude take 10 minutes and make a bracket for it.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 08:46 PM

chuck nuytten carbs says regulators should not be hard mounted,of course he was telling me thats why the complete fuel system and carb that i got from him speced to my engine wouldn't work right.said vibration from being mounted won't let regulator work right.it didn't cure the problem i was having,ended up selling that carb and put mine back on.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 08:59 PM

Quote:

chuck nuytten carbs says regulators should not be hard mounted,of course he was telling me thats why the complete fuel system and carb that i got from him speced to my engine wouldn't work right.said vibration from being mounted won't let regulator work right.it didn't cure the problem i was having,ended up selling that carb and put mine back on.

What? Never heard of such a thing. I've never seen on "floating" w/o a mount...except for the OP's.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/11/11 09:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What? Never heard of such a thing. I've never seen on "floating" w/o a mount...except for the OP's.

It looks to me like it`s mounted rigid to the rear bowl w/a straight fitting........first I`ve seen but what the hell.............
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 12:30 AM

clean it up, paint those headers, hahaha lol
youre ok, good to go
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 12:39 AM

This is what you need to do - but it probably will pass - but not without comment.

Attached picture 6821682-fuelgageline.jpg
Posted By: Voluster

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 12:53 AM

I've seen alot worse pass
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 12:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Now you have... No bracket, plenty of lines to keep it in place

I would get rid of the hard fitting on the back bowl and run 2 pieces of braided.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 02:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Its an HP1 ..Im going to change it ,but what is good? I can get a WIX cheap.
Thanks

WIX 51515R

Rickster
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/12/11 02:39 AM

At my dads home track they would probably still give you grief about that fuel line being in the area of the bellhousing. Happened to me at Vegas too and I ended up running the fuel line up the inner fenderwell and mounting the regulator on the inner fender. I just used a plastic cover over the line in the fenderwell as I was more worried about debris kicked up by the tire hitting the aluminum line.

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 02:09 AM

I decided to make a bracket...
Thanks for the input.

Attached picture 6823594-Picture115(Small).jpg

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 02:12 AM

I think I might get a straight fitting ,for the feed .
Its not permanent ,I just want to go for the local mopar
race in a couple of weeks.

Attached picture 6823601-Picture116(Small).jpg
Posted By: BBLM23

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 06:25 PM

I have one of those brackets that goes under the carb to hold the regulator on the side of the carb sitting in the basement. I think what you have will be fine.
Posted By: ram87

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 10:38 PM

Extended a bracket under the carburetor so that the lines would not have to make sharp bends. Cheap and easy to make.

Attached picture 6824899-orangeeng1.jpg
Posted By: Blown61

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 11:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

You do know that those regs only have a .25 dia opening in them? all those big hoses aren't doing much.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/13/11 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

You do know that those regs only have a .25 dia opening in them? all those big hoses aren't doing much.

Still bigger than the .110 in a holley stock needle
and seat
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/14/11 12:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

Nothing personnal, but don't try to get a job as a plumber
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/14/11 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Then you never had a car with enough power to shake the tires.

Yes that's correct, never solid mount a regulator or any spring loaded bypasses valves. Vibration will cause them problems. Same with psi gauges. Plus like what side, thin wall aluminum fittings will crack from vibration with something hanging off of there like that.
Too bad we can't see how these cars are plumbed that catch on fire because I bet the owners learned a expensive lesson.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/14/11 12:54 AM

I like the second attempt a lot better, I dont like the header that close to the fuel line though. could ya make a shield, or wrap that line with an exhaust sleve or something?

I try to keep the fuel lines completely away from exhaust.

I bet that Dakota hauls the mail with what ya have there.

Kasey
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: Will this pass tech - 09/14/11 02:09 AM

Pat at Pro Systems says you shouldnt hard mount them as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums