Moparts

anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS???

Posted By: acme383

anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/06/11 04:29 PM

i'm looking for feedback? good or bad? how are his recomendations?
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/06/11 05:18 PM

Can't help on the cam, but how have you been Dan?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/06/11 06:45 PM

I've run a Mike Jones solid roller in the couple of motors. Mike had me go a different way than what I've done in the past and it seemed to work.
Posted By: BradH

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/07/11 03:03 PM

Quote:

i'm looking for feedback? good or bad? how are his recomendations?

Never ran one his cams.

I did get a recommendation from him and it was w/in 2 degrees of duration and 1 degree of LSA of what I'd had in mind already. Not sure what that's supposed to indicate, though...
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/07/11 03:09 PM

Haven't used his cams, seems like a very smart guy.
Posted By: HPMike

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/07/11 04:03 PM

Quote:

I've run a Mike Jones solid roller in the couple of motors. Mike had me go a different way than what I've done in the past and it seemed to work.

Same experience here.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/07/11 04:24 PM

Did you price the cam when you called? You could buy 2 comps for the price of one from him. No sence in the extra cheese on a cam unless your building an all out combo, no need for a bracket/street bullet.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: anyone use MIKE JONES CAMS??? - 09/07/11 08:08 PM

Quote:

Did you price the cam when you called? You could buy 2 comps for the price of one from him. No sence in the extra cheese on a cam unless your building an all out combo, no need for a bracket/street bullet.

Yeah but some of these guys are just, how do you say...anal. It's just like a chick being able to say she has a real Prada bag or a closet full of Armani or whatever.

I'm really not knocking you guys, and if I was looking for every last hundreth I'd be asking too but you guys make the world go 'round so carry on.
© 2024 Moparts Forums