Moparts

493 DART.....

Posted By: tboomer

493 DART..... - 09/05/11 06:21 PM

Hey,Kevin..Appreciate the phone call. And congrats on going some rounds!! Nice job!!! As you know,I am scrimpin,scroungin,and saving for a trip to Monster Mopar! I had planned for that to be the last race of the year for me. I also told you that I have had my car covered up for awhile and haven't been out since July 23rd. I got to thinking...You want to race heads up against my old pooch. Well,long hair...Bring it on!! Saturday at Cedar Falls Raceway..Be there!! I won't back down from a challenge!! Be prepared to get Ted

Attached picture 6811866-launch6-25ted.JPG
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 03:26 AM

Well , Crazy Ted, I crunched some numbers with a fella on here today, who is running very similar short times and a nearly identical car as mine.....

Lets just say..... you are in trouble bud.

Posted By: Labratt

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 04:44 AM

Posted By: daniel_depetro

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 04:58 AM

Holy crap, is this actually/finally taking place?!?!?!?!

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 07:52 AM

Quote:

Holy crap, is this actually/finally taking place?!?!?!?!

Like last year, there will be a long , long chit talking session , then the race. Last year .... I won.

NOW...... teddy has spent $$$$$$ on his car this year.
He has more motor than me (and ladder bars)......but I have some secret backyard redneck parts that are working good at the moment....

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 12:32 PM

What can I say? The ladder bars were well worth the money spent. Jim did a nice job! I also looked at some numbers in the log book. I never had this thing out in good air!! Put all of the redneck crap on you want..But you are going to have your hands full this time..
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 02:57 PM

Jeez..here we go again Everytime we show up at CFR you guys are nowhere to be seen. For good documentation come to Tri-State this weekend.

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 07:06 PM

Billy.. They have a Div.5 at Tri-State..Good luck to ya!!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/06/11 08:44 PM

Quote:

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 10:56 AM

Wednesday the 7th------I am tentatively looking at sunday the 11th at Cedar Falls. Trying to get subs at "work", etc....

I would have to make a long haul on 2 hours sleep...but i think i can make it...I race better on no sleep actually.

Ted, at this time, you should be out tuning up your beast to get ready for this ...

Are you sure you want to line up against the ol "shadetree" dart ?

I cant allow anyone in Orange shirts under your hood on raceday------------you must tune your car by yourself.

I would like a 24 pack of Keystone Light.

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 03:31 PM

I don't think Sunday would work out for us. They are running Q-16 that day and no test and tune. Also 80.00 for us to try and line up for one shot at the tree is ridiculous! Saturday would work the best but I understand how you need your sleep. Keep me posted as to what you want to do..
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Are you sure you want to line up against the ol "shadetree" dart ?

I cant allow anyone in Orange shirts under your hood on raceday------------you must tune your car by yourself.

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 04:34 PM

Option #2 is to go and run a Z-28 in sportsman..

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 09:36 PM

i have to take off work if i go saturday. that means it cost me $$$$$$$ to race.

why cant you go sunday ? its the same cost as saturday = $80.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/07/11 10:23 PM

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/08/11 02:52 AM

No room needed,Bill! We will try to get this done. Kevins work is important to him and I respect that. For those that are not in the know,Kevin is the sound engineer for a major recording band. His next job that they are preparing for is waaaay south! That is all I can say unless Kevin wants to let the cat out of the bag....

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/08/11 05:03 AM

Im not their foh engineer-just going down for a show as a guitar tech. (slipknot and stone sour) .
Got my schedule for Rio today. 6 days -i will have about ONE evening to walk around , etc.. the rest of that time is flying/show days/ etc... show days will be 12-18 hour days.

touring in the music business aint all its cracked up to be....

plus i HATE long flights. Cant sleep sitting up.

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/08/11 12:46 PM

Enjoy your trip!! And pick Alex up a tour shirt..He conned me outta my last one!!
Posted By: bad1970dust

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/08/11 05:23 PM

Quote:

I don't think Sunday would work out for us. They are running Q-16 that day and no test and tune. Also 80.00 for us to try and line up for one shot at the tree is ridiculous! Saturday would work the best but I understand how you need your sleep. Keep me posted as to what you want to do..

Ted you show up ill talk to dan I can make happen you just got to show up and I do stress show up

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/09/11 04:30 AM

Well.....doubt if i can go at this point.

1. had an amp sold and the guy flaked (of course)

negative $600 for me.

2. i cant get a straight answer out of Dan about the 1 time trial.

he actually said: "i have a lot of racers from the twin cities and they like to get home early on sundays - so I like to run 1 TT "

[Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] ????? So CF just caters to a few racers from Minnesota ? wow.

3. long haul for me -- $gas$ -- to go 1 or 2 rounds .

if i had the weekend off and $$ to do it, i would be there both days for sure.

Re: 493 DART..... - 09/09/11 01:10 PM

Not a big deal,Kevin...Check the Oct. schedule and see if something works for you. I kind of wanted to have this thing torn down after MMW. But that can wait. I will go tommorow and watch the team to see how they do...
© 2024 Moparts Forums