Moparts

SMR trans adapters

Posted By: ETASPEN

SMR trans adapters - 08/31/11 06:42 PM

Anybody using one to race? I'm building a 451 dakota to bracket race. I have a fresh (50passes) small block transbrake 727. If they work okay, the adapter would be easier, IMO, than converting all the internals to a BB case. My plan was to use the profiled adapter w/SFI plate. Using a fr. motor plate/poly trans mount.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: SMR trans adapters - 08/31/11 09:27 PM

I like the SMR stuff, I have an A500 with all their parts in it I somtimes bracket race with, in my prostreet D100, but for what you are doing, I would cut the bell off and put a JW Ultra Bell on it. Then you can switch back and forth easily and have an SFI convertor sheild as well. I have a pair of 727's done this way and it makes life easy.
Posted By: ETASPEN

Re: SMR trans adapters - 09/01/11 02:24 PM

Hadn't even give the Ultra Bell a thought...Thanks! Any advice on procedures of chopping the 727 bell?
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: SMR trans adapters - 09/01/11 04:27 PM

Quote:

I like the SMR stuff, I have an A500 with all their parts in it I somtimes bracket race with, in my prostreet D100, but for what you are doing, I would cut the bell off and put a JW Ultra Bell on it. Then you can switch back and forth easily and have an SFI convertor sheild as well. I have a pair of 727's done this way and it makes life easy.

Pat's a nice guy and seems to be pretty knowledgeable.
I used his stuff to convert my 2000 dakota to a 727.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: SMR trans adapters - 09/01/11 04:56 PM

We had an SMR 46re in the 98 4x4 ram, with a 408 stroker, and Pat built an absolute bullet. Dad had issues with a converter, and a few sensors, and Pat took care of dad even 2 years after it was in the truck. An absolute great guy. Dad spoke highly of him, and Im hooked on his MOLYSLIP he sells. Great additive for the mopar overdrive tranny.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: SMR trans adapters - 09/01/11 08:25 PM

Quote:

We had an SMR 46re in the 98 4x4 ram, with a 408 stroker, and Pat built an absolute bullet. Dad had issues with a converter, and a few sensors, and Pat took care of dad even 2 years after it was in the truck. An absolute great guy. Dad spoke highly of him, and Im hooked on his MOLYSLIP he sells. Great additive for the mopar overdrive tranny.

Yep. I have nothing bad to say. I talked with him on the phone for about an hour when I ordered my stuff. He definitely knows what he's doing and his conversion kit for my dakota made my life a lot easier.
© 2024 Moparts Forums