Moparts

advise on rear wheel separation (video)

Posted By: Deepockets

advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/23/11 10:49 PM

just want your trained eyes to view this launch and give your overall opinions on what you see. i was told that there should be separation with ladder bars and coilovers. i have the vari shocks set on the lightest rebound and 2 clicks on compression. thanks. http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/2011-irwindale-pix-1/8-14-11-summit-series/mvi-3396.html
Posted By: Tig

Re: advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/23/11 10:58 PM

Not an expert by any means but it looks like you need to move the front eye of the ladder bar up. Which hole is it in now? The ones I've seen have three positions, is it in the lowest one?.
Edit, Nice looking car by the way
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/23/11 11:16 PM

Quote:

just want your trained eyes to view this launch and give your overall opinions on what you see. i was told that there should be separation with ladder bars and coilovers. i have the vari shocks set on the lightest rebound and 2 clicks on compression. thanks. http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/2011-irwindale-pix-1/8-14-11-summit-series/mvi-3396.html

Ladder bars do tend to separate the body and axle...
I'm thinking you have them in the lowest hole in front
so thats the softest hit on the tire... if you put
them in the upper hole it will hit harder and should
give you some separation (which is planting the tire
harder)... also try the shock on the softest setting
(I dont know how many clicks the vari shock has)
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/23/11 11:19 PM

it's in the middle hole right now. and the bars are as close to parrell or maybe 1 degree down towards the front.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/24/11 01:22 AM

YOu need to run it forly tight on the extension side as to not crush the tire. Then soften up the compression to keep it planted. Ladder bar cars tend to hit hard and need tight extension settings. What is the relationship of the bottom bar to the ground with the car ready to race? Is it level, slightly downhill, uphill??
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: advise on rear wheel separation (video) - 08/24/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

it's in the middle hole right now. and the bars are as close to parrell or maybe 1 degree down towards the front.

Try it in the top hole... if it does separate the body
you will most likely need to tighten the extension rate...
the lower holes give a softer hit BUT the hit is
for a greater time period... high holes give a harder
hit but for a lesser period of time.... try it up
higher but remember to check the pinion angle with
any change you make
© 2024 Moparts Forums