Moparts

Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...??

Posted By: cudadoug

Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/21/11 05:04 PM

Roll call -

Who's going and what 'cha bringing and/or driving?
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/21/11 06:13 PM

Looks like at least 6 from central cali will be racing it. Been planning it all year!

Attached picture 6788278-IMG_1625.JPG
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/21/11 06:36 PM

Wow! Can't believe it's been four years since I raced up there.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/21/11 09:24 PM

No Super-Pro class this year...
I may bring the EFI HEMI Dodge though...

Attached picture 6788495-InOldTownColumbia600pixs.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/21/11 11:33 PM

We shall see
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 02:32 AM

We'll be there.. The kid will be driving the 73, not sure if I will bring out the other one..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 06:37 AM

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 07:31 AM

Quote:

No Super-Pro class this year...
I may bring the EFI HEMI Dodge though...

Mopar Muscle Car Magic
When
Sunday, Sep 11, 2011
Where
Sacramento Raceway Park (map)
Description
18th Annual Mopar Muscle Car Magic Car Show, Drag Race and Swap Meet for all Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler cars and trucks powered or bodied.

Racing Categories: Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Jackpot, Killer Bees Slant 6
Show Categories: '64-'74 A Body Dodge/Plymouth, '62-'74 B Body Dodge/Plymouth, C Body Mopar, '70-'74 E Body Dodge/Plymouth, Mopar Truck, Plymouth Fury, Project in Progress , Early Model (pre ‘72)Daily Driver, Late Model (’72-’11) Daily Driver, Award to Biggest Car Club

Gates Open: 7:00 AM
Car Show: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Time Trials: 10:00 AM
Eliminations: 2:00 PM
Pit Admission: $10 per person
Pit Parking: $5 for non mopars
Race Entry: $45 includes car/driver

Information Phone contact: Tony @ 916-416-0546
info on website click here
Email a question click here

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 05:24 PM

Well the flyer I got in the mail said that there was no Super-Pro this year, and if you go the Sac website, they list Pro Mopar (no electronics)

Attached picture 6789672-Sac_2011.JPG

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 06:00 PM

Wow...conflicting and/or confusing information from Sac? The tradition continues...LOL!

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 06:07 PM

Rich is correct, I called Tony at Sac and he checked on it for me.. There is only PRO this year due to the low car count in Super Pro from previous years..

Posted By: 65signet

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/22/11 10:15 PM

We will be there, i hoping that my car will be finished and the kid will be bring her car.

Attached picture 6790057-NHRANationalOpen2010012.jpg
Posted By: TC67CUDA

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 04:46 AM

We'll be coming up Sat. to run the Grudge Fest and the Mopar Drags on Sun.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 04:51 AM

Im pretty sure last year Super Pro had ONE car...I have not run at that race in I think three years. Was racing elsewhere.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 05:22 AM

Quote:

We'll be coming up Sat. to run the Grudge Fest and the Mopar Drags on Sun.

Grudgefest.... hmmmmm... Cuda v Duster.. $1000.00 cash..

j/k... looking forward to seeing ya Tony..

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 05:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can I get it on that action too
Posted By: TC67CUDA

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 05:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can I get it on that action too

Uh oh which Cuda Lol Looking foward too Don gonna be fun.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/23/11 06:11 AM

Maybe I can make it if my heaps done.............is there just a t&t or do I have to enter a class?

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/24/11 08:43 PM

Quote:

Maybe I can make it if my heaps done.............is there just a t&t or do I have to enter a class?

Saturday night is the TnT, Sunday is the race..

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/24/11 09:47 PM

How many cars do you anticipate to show or how many have already registered? Thankxxx............
Posted By: Kenny705K

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 01:01 AM

Hey guys. I'm new here, I have passed by the site before in the past. I think I will be at this race to check it out. I have a 65 Plymouth Valiant, which I guess will fit into the Pro Mopar class. I have never run a .5 tree, but will enter for fun and to check out other cool cars. Look forward to seeing you guys there
Posted By: prostreet68

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 02:23 AM

Mine wont be done for this year.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 02:55 AM

You talking abou the 4 door..MOre than just your average Valiant for sure. Where is the Willy's at?

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 03:28 AM

Quote:

How many cars do you anticipate to show or how many have already registered? Thankxxx............

If I can remember correctly, there was 2 cars in SuperPro and approx 30-ish something cars in Pro last year..

But if you're not doing anything that weekend, a nice little road trip up the middle of the state would be a good thing...
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 03:53 AM

Last year Joe Brown and Rich Nedbal were the lone SP cars and raced for $100., Rich won in a bit of a unconventional way.........

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 03:57 AM

I would love to go if I could bring the RR, probably can't though too much to do. I do have a free tech card from there though, wonder if they still would honor it at this race

Attached picture 6793864-p4220001.jpg

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 04:01 AM

Quote:

You talking abou the 4 door..MOre than just your average Valiant for sure. Where is the Willy's at?

Yeah its the 4 door, the Renterias old car. The truck is parked for the time being. We had the Valiant for about 2 or 3 years just sittin, and we decided to get it out there. So all we did was take the motor/tranny out of the truck and put it in the Valiant. We have been running it in B/Gas for the past season. This weekend we are opening it up to see what it will do. This combo ran 7.90's to 8.0's in the truck so we think it should be about the same. The only difference is we have 4.11 gears in it from when we ran B/Gas this year, it had 4.56's before. I'm sure that will kill it a little. Plus the air/track probably won't be great this weekend. When the Renterias had this combo they ran a best of 7.68 with it, but that was with 5-Speed. I'm anxious to see what it will run this weekend. Running the new Pro Sportsman class at Sac at the Nor Cal Invasion race

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 05:58 AM

Kenny best of luck at the Sac and Invasion race. That is a very nice piece but so is your truck. Wish I could get up there and run my heap but alas no place for it to race either.

Must have been two years ago that only one Super Pro car ran that race. The Orange Dart, the name escapes me. My son was there talking to him, they gave him his entry back and let him get all the runs in he wanted.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 03:54 PM

Quote:

Last year Joe Brown and Rich Nedbal were the lone SP cars and raced for $100., Rich won in a bit of a unconventional way.........

Unconventional? I dialed a number and then ran it. What's weird about that?

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 04:13 PM

Quote:

Kenny best of luck at the Sac and Invasion race. That is a very nice piece but so is your truck. Wish I could get up there and run my heap but alas no place for it to race either.

Must have been two years ago that only one Super Pro car ran that race. The Orange Dart, the name escapes me. My son was there talking to him, they gave him his entry back and let him get all the runs in he wanted.

Thanks Al. I'm really pumped about this weekends race. I am going to run this class all next season and this weekend is the test for next year. They are putting up decent money to win. Class should be good, basically the same as Top Sportsman except with a pro tree and qualify on reaction time. Minimum dial in is 8.20. I like it because Gillette and them guys won't pick up a whole round on me just by qualifying with a faster car. This way should bring driver more into it. The Mopar race will just be for fun, see if I can't hold onto that transbrake for an extra tenth of a second! haha
Posted By: 65signet

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/25/11 11:55 PM

Got the exhaust on mine car today getting closer to having it ready

Attached picture 6795092-ValiantExhaust013.JPG
Posted By: sanger440

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/26/11 12:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Unconventional? I dialed a number and then ran it. What's weird about that?

Sandbagging is not that unconventional or even weird, but taken to the degree you did that day was hoot! Joe didn't think it was that funny tho LOL!
Posted By: 66er

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 08/26/11 12:33 AM

I'll be there and I'm bringing my brand new paint job. And wait for It... Yep, orange again.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/09/11 08:49 PM

Any more takers? Looks like thier will be 8 racing from our stable.

Attached picture 6818473-Picture422.jpg

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/10/11 05:37 AM

Well I'm not gonna make it. I have some guy coming to pick up a car from me this weekend

best of luck to all who make it.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/10/11 05:12 PM

We are heading out in a few for the testing tonight and race tomorrow.. If you see us in the pits, stop by and say hi... or intro yourself..

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/10/11 05:19 PM

Quote:

We are heading out in a few for the testing tonight and race tomorrow.. If you see us in the pits, stop by and say hi... or intro yourself..

Good luck and have fun..............unfortunately I havn`t even pulled my motor yet for the freshen and it`s tired so no point in beating on it since I still drive it but SOON.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/10/11 08:25 PM

Good luck everyone, unfortunately I have to work.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/12/11 04:12 PM

How did the race turn out? We broke the ring gear on the flywheel 2 weeks ago so I wasn't able to make it.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/12/11 04:58 PM

The race was bigger than expected, but smaller than it could have been.. I think there was something like 60-ish racers in Sportsman and 30-40 in Pro..

The car show was laughable and so was the swap meet.. No doubt the entire event is on the decline.

We will continue to support the event as long as possible as we would like to see this event prosper, but something interesting that my son pointed out.. This was the only Mopar Only race in Northern Cali.. and if memory serves correctly.. it was the only Mopar race in the entire State of California..
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/12/11 07:17 PM

What happened to the infineon mopar drags.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/12/11 07:21 PM

I was pleasantly surprised at the turn out of race cars; thought it would have been less. The highlight was while I was standing on the starting line watching sportsman a guy in a late model Chally overstages and "backs up" into the beams at the direction of the starter. Tree comes down...reverse lights are still on. Hammered it in reverese!! YIKES!!! Luckily he caught it right away and no harm done except for his ego.

There was a car show yesterday?? You must mean the 15 cars parked on the pavement... (The tan 63 Max Wedge car was WAAAAAY COOL, though)

Swap meet?? You mean the 6 guys with the junk scattered on the ground?? Hey, there were "bargains": The "ported" J heads for $100...the internally balanced 360 cast crank for $25...the guy who drilled the counterweight and welded in the mallory must have been BLIND. And drunk!

Nice weather was a surprise and the added bonus of a cool military airshow next door at Mather made an okay day...even though we were out in the 2nd round after a -.003 red light. Opponet went .330 for the win. @*&@%^$#&@*^%!!!!!!!

Isn't there still a Mopar gig at Infinion, or did that die off as well??

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/13/11 12:50 AM

I was the guy that helped set up the Infineon deal with Wine Country Mopars, they decided they wanted to have there show last year at another venue so that was that. This year there show was canceled all together. I am in hopes they may have come to there senses and we can set up something again, we will see.

I would have liked to race there yesterday and try out some new stuff on my car before the ET finals but no Super Pro and I was not about to pull the box out going into the finals. Sounds like they had a great turnout race wise.

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/13/11 05:28 AM

Would be awesome if the Wine Country guys would go back to Infineon. Heck we woudl make the tow up for that deal. Wanted to make the Sac deal but no place for use to race..

Re: Mopars at Sacramento 9/11? Who's going...?? - 09/13/11 07:02 AM

Last I heard, they were definitely going to bring it back next year, but Keith would have better info on that, than I would..

So Keith, its your responsibility to keep us peon's up to date on the latest gossip..

© 2024 Moparts Forums