Moparts

Torsion bars moving about ???

Posted By: pete walton

Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/30/11 07:40 PM

Third run of the day,,, car decides to turn right after changing into second.....So i take me foot of and notice the car is tilted over to the drivers side.... Nothing seems to be broke ...would the torsion bar adjuster move that much??? whats going on???? Got a dodgey pair of shock towers at the moment ,,would they move that much ,,,,, What am i missing ,,,see photo of set up

Attached picture 6753954-6269854-js4.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/30/11 07:50 PM

If that is a stock K-frame the torsion bar mount could have broken loose in it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/30/11 07:52 PM

Did the car drop down on the lower arm... look at the
rear T bar anchor point
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/30/11 07:54 PM

i'm not sure about this, but i'm thinking lower control arm bushing is shot
Posted By: bumps440

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/30/11 11:49 PM

Dont forget to look at the rear suspension. may be pulling a heim joint oval or bending a bracket back there. look carefully. I doubt it is the front, if a car looses the rear preload, the front will lay down. one way or the other.
Posted By: 5spdcuda

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/31/11 02:18 AM

Looks to me like you have more than enough power to pull the front wheels. Possibly when you came down the last time the "K" member hole where the LCA pivot bolt goes through has failed. While not real common, it's certainly not unheard of either. Look closely at this area and see if things are moving around that shouldn't. A skilled welder can fix it if that's the problem.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Torsion bars moving about ??? - 07/31/11 02:24 AM

I would look a the rear attachment point cross member. I have seen them rust out in that area and turn.

© 2024 Moparts Forums