Moparts

Drag Week Duster

Posted By: DusterDj

Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 09:12 AM

Wanted to break off the other thread because people were getting the wrong idea of what I'm trying to do. I just want to make the show and have a chance. More updates to come but as of now this is what I have...

Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 10:55 AM

Paitiently waiting for updates and hopefully you do make the show. Great job so far!!
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 11:13 AM

Looks real good, wish you woulda kept the old paint but thats just me. Nice duster and goodluck
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 11:55 AM

Wow! That's pretty awesome.
Can you give some more info on the build etc...
Thanks, looks real good.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 11:57 AM

I sure wish ya the best and hope you make the show!!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 01:24 PM

man that thing is bad to the bone!
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 02:36 PM

What a Beast!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 02:40 PM

DJ if I recall you were going to pull the blowers to
run the street.... is there a way you can pull a idler
gear and leave them on there
Posted By: PC-CHARGER

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 02:45 PM

With the compression you will likely be running with the Prochargers, I'm guessing valve clearance is not an issue especially considering the position of the valve reliefs in the pistons and the heads you are using?

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 03:17 PM

Quote:

DJ if I recall you were going to pull the blowers to
run the street.... is there a way you can pull a idler
gear and leave them on there

Provisions have already been made to do exactly that. Trying to make here as efficient as possible... But great minds think alike man...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 03:20 PM

Quote:

With the compression you will likely be running with the Prochargers, I'm guessing valve clearance is not an issue especially considering the position of the valve reliefs in the pistons and the heads you are using?

Correct, anything I have missed Steve Morris, the procharged guru, will catch. Should have some more updates out to ya guys here soon...
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 04:08 PM

Hey them coil overs look like they are upside down ahhahah lol

super nice car, hurry up get er done
Posted By: Jeff_383

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 05:50 PM

Cool car, hope you give'em a run. I too dug the old paint job on it!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 05:56 PM

Quote:

Cool car, hope you give'ema run. I too dug the old paint job on it!

The bad part about the drag week cars is that you cant
advertise on it..... at least this was my understanding
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/25/11 06:37 PM

looks evil
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 12:40 AM

Dude, get this car DONE!!!! I want to see it there!!!! If you were alot closer, I would help..Awesome!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 01:42 AM

Nice job! Chassis looks great, How tall of tire? I'd like to see that thing 1-2" lower in the back... but I'm sure it will settle when you start adding everything else... Which B1's are they? How many cubes? How much boost?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 04:12 AM

I've following this outragious build for some time.I want to see it live and makin laps

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 04:21 AM

Quote:

Nice job! Chassis looks great, How tall of tire? I'd like to see that thing 1-2" lower in the back... but I'm sure it will settle when you start adding everything else... Which B1's are they? How many cubes? How much boost?

Jim ... if I recall he's running B1 M/C heads
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 05:10 AM

totally awesome, remember Road Warrior where he flicks a switch and the blowe kicks in (i know its fake) but??? throw something and the belt engages??

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 05:21 AM

Quote:

totally awesome, remember Road Warrior where he flicks a switch and the blowe kicks in (i know its fake) but??? throw something and the belt engages??

I actually worked on a project like that... we were
testing on 4 cyl engines with a belt driven super
charger that we used a heavy duty AC clutch to engage
the blower... had a micro switch on the the throttle
to engage it

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 05:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I actually worked on a project like that... we were
testing on 4 cyl engines with a belt driven super
charger that we used a heavy duty AC clutch to engage
the blower... had a micro switch on the the throttle
to engage it

oh yeah P i like the way you think us mopar guys gotta start thinking outside of the box
Posted By: steeldust

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 05:32 AM

BACK IN BLACK MAN THE CAR IS GOING TO BE BAD GOOD LUCK

Attached picture 6747080-JUNEBOUNTYRACE.jpg

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/26/11 06:32 AM

Quote:

Tires are 33" in diameter. The reason it is setting high is because the body shop put it back together like that. She will be lower when it is time to run. The B1's are originals but are heavily CNC'ed. Currently we are setting at 572ci, and for the boost level, there is no target boost levels. Once it is on the dyno there will be a kill setting and and drive around setting. So with that being said, how ever much boost she can create is what I'll run once set to kill...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 11:19 AM

Some more updates...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 11:55 AM

Really awesome. I see you have Steve's new Provolutes....I can't imagine your engine can't be needing more boost than what you already have...That thing is going to be really sick!!
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 12:01 PM

WOW nice work

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 12:22 PM

Cool! I don't think I've ever seen twin gear driven blowers

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 01:11 PM

WOW... DJ is the bumper far enough forward to get
them in behind it.... damn they stick out there a
long way

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 01:57 PM

Quote:

WOW... DJ is the bumper far enough forward to get
them in behind it.... damn they stick out there a
long way

It has plenty clearance. I thought the same before we trial fitted it, but the provolutes make it a little tight. That won't be a game stopper though...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 04:18 PM

VERY nice............... Sure would be cool to see you up front in the competition. Good luck.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 05:38 PM

I realise that's a lot of aluminum but it sure is hanging way out on that stand! Maybe cut a 2X4 to fit under the blower brackets to the base of the stand.....

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 07:23 PM

Quote:

I realise that's a lot of aluminum but it sure is hanging way out on that stand! Maybe cut a 2X4 to fit under the blower brackets to the base of the stand.....

Thanks for the recommendation but everything has been fabricated to spec to for fill my setup and versatility for the street.
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 07:37 PM

Quote:

VERY nice............... Sure would be cool to see you up front in the competition. Good luck.

That is a awesome build you've got there!
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation but everything has been fabricated to spec to for fill my setup and versatility for the street.

I just meant the 4 bolts holding that to the engine stand are under stress, not in the car.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

think what he is saying is support the front of the engine on the stand!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 07:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

think what he is saying is support the front of the engine on the stand!

Oh, I got you but I left Steve Morris in charge of my build. I'm sure he has a handle on it...
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 08:05 PM

this car pleases me.
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 08:30 PM

Quote:

this car pleases me.

I was thinking the very same thing!

I will add....
Posted By: Randy..

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/29/11 11:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

this car pleases me.

I was thinking the very same thing!

I will add....

xs3
Posted By: hemirambob

Re: Drag Week Duster *DELETED* - 07/30/11 08:16 AM

Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/30/11 12:34 PM

Looks great, to me as well. Sorry to say I was at Jeff Lutz's place yesterday. They are really gearing up for drag week. Hopefully he can catch Larson and run w/him for the week. Lots of dyno time going on at Lutz Race Cars indeed. Take care and the very best of luck!!! See ya, Ken Michalik

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/30/11 04:16 PM

Quote:

Looks great, to me as well. Sorry to say I was at Jeff Lutz's place yesterday. They are really gearing up for drag week. Hopefully he can catch Larson and run w/him for the week. Lots of dyno time going on at Lutz Race Cars indeed. Take care and the very best of luck!!! See ya, Ken Michalik

Thanks man, just trying to make the show... Don't have a shop with all the goodies to test with but I'll manage...
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/31/11 06:11 AM

DJ,
We are trying to get 4 terribly slow mopars ready to go..all are closer than yours, but I'm thinking we'll be lucky to make it with 2.
This heat wave in OK is killing my brothers' desire to work on them!! Good luck, hope to see you there.

Attached picture 6754788-IMG_3135.JPG

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/31/11 06:56 AM

Quote:

DJ,
We are trying to get 4 terribly slow mopars ready to go..all are closer than yours, but I'm thinking we'll be lucky to make it with 2.
This heat wave in OK is killing my brothers' desire to work on them!! Good luck, hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Hope you get all your Mopars out there too. Keep your brother motivated because in the end it will be worth it seeing all them Mopars rolling from track to track...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/04/11 09:43 PM

Some more updates.... She will breaths tomorrow. Monday I'll know HP and TQ numbers. That will be top secret till Drag Week is over. Sorry guys...

Posted By: ksj

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/04/11 10:36 PM

Cant wait to see you and the [Email]Twins @ DW.[/Email]
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 12:10 AM

Good luck with the dyno/engine testing Fingers crossed you get the numbers you are after.

I am looking to go mech fuel pump, also have Jesel with belt drive dizzy

Can I ask where you obtained the mechanical fuel pump mounting kit ?

Is the pump a hex drive & did it come with left bolt with hex drive as well ?

Thanks
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 03:55 AM

Quote:

Some more updates.... She will breaths tomorrow. Monday I'll know HP and TQ numbers. That will be top secret till Drag Week is over. Sorry guys...

Would you at least tease us with a "SOUND TRACK"???

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 06:39 AM

Quote:

Good luck with the dyno/engine testing Fingers crossed you get the numbers you are after.

Thanks

You will have to get with Steve Morris about that man. Due to my setup he has made changes to pretty much everything because nothing wanted to fit or line up right. I do know this, this is a cam drive fuel pump and he had to custom fit everything to make it work.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 06:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Would you at least tease us with a "SOUND TRACK"???

I will see what I can do. The sweet sounds of Mopar is quite soothing... lol
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 11:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

You will have to get with Steve Morris about that man. Due to my setup he has made changes to pretty much everything because nothing wanted to fit or line up right. I do know this, this is a cam drive fuel pump and he had to custom fit everything to make it work.

OK thanks, good luck with everything, look forward to hearing this baby sing on the video
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 02:14 PM

Awesome powerplant, the only thing that looks a little different is that it appears that the intake is painted with what looks to be chrome paint.
Any performance reason for that or is it just personal preference?
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 02:40 PM

Quote:

Awesome powerplant, the only thing that looks a little different is that it appears that the intake is painted with what looks to be chrome paint.

I'll guess it is powdercoated.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 03:56 PM

Quote:

It has been powder coated like that for years. That B1 set up was my dad's and was intended for a fast bracket motor. I took them from him, with his permission of course, and made some modification to them. I just didn't have a chance to change it. I'll pretty up the motor later. Main concern right now is getting her to run and making plenty of power...
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 07:57 PM

and making plenty of power...

Should have that covered!!!!!
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/11 08:38 PM

Awesome stuff...
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/06/11 12:25 AM

From one Okie to another...
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/06/11 07:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It has been powder coated like that for years. That B1 set up was my dad's and was intended for a fast bracket motor. I took them from him, with his permission of course, and made some modification to them. I just didn't have a chance to change it. I'll pretty up the motor later. Main concern right now is getting her to run and making plenty of power...

Ah I see, I can't wait to see that bad boy run, best of luck!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/06/11 11:27 AM

Some more Mopar art for you guys. To me, this is a site for sore eye and it just don't get much better then this.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 01:33 AM

Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/km51l76Ehoo
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 01:49 AM

WOW!!Hope to see you in Amarillo!

Attached picture 6774479-132825512_Nn1f9AM1_87.jpg
Posted By: Scott58

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 01:54 AM

C'mon, where's the dyno sheet, you can tell us!

Hurry up and bolt that thing into the Duster! Drag Week is just around the corner!

Scott

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 01:55 AM

Wow! I understand the not wanting to leak the HP/TQ numbers but will you share how much boost?
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 02:56 AM

Whoa there. Yea I would also like to know the boost? Those rubber elbows moved round allot when the throttle was pulled back.

Damon

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 03:41 AM

Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 04:30 AM

Quote:

Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/km51l76Ehoo

Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 05:15 AM

NICE...... someone won the LOTTO
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 06:53 AM

Wow...that thing makes me giggle.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/12/11 01:48 PM

Man, I hope you make it, and you don't have too many new bugs to work out...Good luck!!!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/14/11 07:59 AM

Quote:

Man, I hope you make it, and you don't have too many new bugs to work out...Good luck!!!

Me too man. We are definitely in a pinch to get to the dance but we are moving right along...
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/02/11 06:29 AM

any news?

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/03/11 04:46 AM

After 2 solid weeks of complete silence, you have to surmise one of two scenarios is unfolding:

A. He threw in the towel, realizes he can't make it, and doesn't want to talk about it.

B. He's pulling 20 hour days in the shop, sleeping on a creeper, and doesn't remember what a keyboard looks like.

Anyone care to guess which one??

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/03/11 05:16 AM

LOL Billy.Spoken like a DW veteran.Best DW ever.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/03/11 12:15 PM

Quote:

After 2 solid weeks of complete silence, you have to surmise one of two scenarios is unfolding:

A. He threw in the towel, realizes he can't make it, and doesn't want to talk about it.

B. He's pulling 20 hour days in the shop, sleeping on a creeper, and doesn't remember what a keyboard looks like.

Anyone care to guess which one??

i dont know much about the OP mindset but most any racer i have meet in my life would never ever use option A. atleast not before running out of option B.

hope all goes well with the build
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/04/11 04:27 PM

any pictures of your car together? drag week is just around the corner....

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/19/11 07:58 AM

Posted By: LA360

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/19/11 08:34 AM

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=154981&page=3

Answers right here
Posted By: racerx

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/19/11 08:26 PM

Quote:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=154981&page=3

Answers right here

Hmm. i'v like to see it at Drag week also
Posted By: 72swgnr

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/19/11 09:00 PM

2100 HP on 97 octane... Can't wait to see some track times

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 01:24 PM

My bad guys,

Meant to fill you all in here too. Didn't make it but it was good to see Larry and all the other Unlimited competitors in action. Gave me some good ideas on how to approach and make it through Drag Week. Best believe my competitive spirit want to win too. On my A-Bodies post I said I was going back to the drawing board with the motor. That is a very true statement. I'm going to make a change in one of the areas Steve Morris said I was weak in. There is too much blower I'm leaving on the table because of bottle necks in my setup. I'll make some hit with my current setup but Drag Week 2012 she'll be a little different.

DusterDj

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 01:56 PM

Darryl what bottle necks are you referring to... I
didnt make it to DW either... to many set backs

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 02:44 PM

The heads are my biggest bottle neck. Next would be cubic inches. I'm juggling between the B1 MC, Preditor and the Millenium Stage V Hemi heads... One of them will be on there by Drag Week 2012....

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 02:47 PM

Mr P Body,

Hope to see that Rampage there next year too.

DusterDj

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 02:52 PM

Quote:

Mr P Body,

Hope to see that Rampage there next year too.

DusterDj

We'll be there

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 03:09 PM

Quote:

My bad guys,

Meant to fill you all in here too. Didn't make it but it was good to see Larry and all the other Unlimited competitors in action. Gave me some good ideas on how to approach and make it through Drag Week. Best believe my competitive spirit want to win too. On my A-Bodies post I said I was going back to the drawing board with the motor. That is a very true statement. I'm going to make a change in one of the areas Steve Morris said I was weak in. There is too much blower I'm leaving on the table because of bottle necks in my setup. I'll make some hit with my current setup but Drag Week 2012 she'll be a little different.

DusterDj

Sucks you couldn't make it...I was rooting for you. Love the set-up. I want to go someday myself with my Cuda and lots of cubes, no power adder.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 03:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

Sucks you couldn't make it...I was rooting for you. Love the set-up. I want to go someday myself with my Cuda and lots of cubes, no power adder.

Sounds like Big Block NA is calling your name man. Get you a stroker crank and lets have some fun next year... You have plenty of time...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 03:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

Sounds like Big Block NA is calling your name man. Get you a stroker crank and lets have some fun next year... You have plenty of time...

I have one going togather this winter, I just don't think it will be in a realm it would need to be at the cubes I will be at with only a 484 Hemi. It will be making in the neighborhood of +750ish which isn't where I would think it would get noticed. I was thinking more of moving up to a 604 hemi instead....
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/20/11 06:11 PM

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

Sorry to see you didn't make it. Hopefully you and Mr.P Body will be there. I would love to try Big Block N/A. I am working on a gear vendors right now. All I need to get is the torqueflite adaptor and flange and another 100 horsepower. Hope to make it.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/21/11 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

I have one going togather this winter, I just don't think it will be in a realm it would need to be at the cubes I will be at with only a 484 Hemi. It will be making in the neighborhood of +750ish which isn't where I would think it would get noticed. I was thinking more of moving up to a 604 hemi instead....

Man,

Hemi alone will get it own respect. Depending on your chassis, you might be able to squezz in somewhere you feel comfortable. My understanding, you would need a raised cam block to make the 604ci happen right? I was looking to go that route but just kept my setup square ar 4.5/4.5 We need more Mopars in every class so we can shake things up...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/21/11 03:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

Sorry to see you didn't make it. Hopefully you and Mr.P Body will be there. I would love to try Big Block N/A. I am working on a gear vendors right now. All I need to get is the torqueflite adaptor and flange and another 100 horsepower. Hope to make it.

That sounds awesome man,

Hopefully we can have a convoy of Mopars for 2012...
Posted By: Scott58

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/22/11 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My bad guys,

DusterDj

Man,

Hemi alone will get it own respect. Depending on your chassis, you might be able to squezz in somewhere you feel comfortable. My understanding, you would need a raised cam block to make the 604ci happen right? I was looking to go that route but just kept my setup square ar 4.5/4.5 We need more Mopars in every class so we can shake things up...

You can go 604 with a std cam height block with 2.2" big end steel rods.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/22/11 02:27 AM

Dj,
Love the enthusiasm, appreciate the hard work and dedication to the project...but seriously, step away from the engine builder for a minute and clear your head.
You need to drive 1250 miles and get 6 official Hot Rod time slips signed by Tonya Turk to have a chance. First and Foremost...doesn't matter if you have 800 HP or 2800 HP, learning what it takes to complete the event is the key.

Larry didn't win his first time out, he took his time, he learned, and now he's just doing what it takes to win while evryone else is swinging for the fences, making mistakes, and blowing up a bunch of very expensive parts.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/22/11 02:37 AM

Quote:

Dj,
Love the enthusiasm, appreciate the hard work and dedication to the project...but seriously, step away from the engine builder for a minute and clear your head.
You need to drive 1250 miles and get 6 official Hot Rod time slips signed by Tonya Turk to have a chance. First and Foremost...doesn't matter if you have 800 HP or 2800 HP, learning what it takes to complete the event is the key.

Larry didn't win his first time out, he took his time, he learned, and now he's just doing what it takes to win while evryone else is swinging for the fences, making mistakes, and blowing up a bunch of very expensive parts.

Yeah he run runs just what he needs to till the last day
then IF NEEDED he turns up the wick.... 1200 miles
is pretty darn hard to do, specially with a drag car

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/22/11 03:41 AM

Well said Billy.While talking to Larry after the tracks were announced he said no 6s this year unless needed.The tracks this year were the great equalizer.Dont flame me but he has an advantage running a bow tie.His motor has more off the shelf non massaged parts than you could beleive.Its about getting to the next track.Valve train reliability is foremost above anything else due to the drives.Done overthink it.Experiencing DragWeek will be the best teacher you can have to know whatyou need to do.Looking forward to seeing you in 2012 as it will more than likely be in the middle of America.More Mopars the better!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/24/11 03:06 PM

Gents,

Information is noted. I know my place and I'm just another fish in the pond. Looking to have allot of fun and just shake it up with my Mopar. Where ever we end up, I'll refine for the next year. This car was built for DW so I plan on attending it until, hopefully not, they end the event.

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/24/11 03:12 PM

I know you will be good for at least 3 more years.New contracts were signed through 2014

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/24/11 07:41 PM

Quote:

I know you will be good for at least 3 more years.New contracts were signed through 2014

That is Awesome....

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 11:28 AM

Got some footage for you gents. Still got allot of tuning to do but I'm happy with my first hit...

http://youtu.be/dhmMwcWKj5I

Cool Burn out: http://youtu.be/9o9eXrfmTWo
Posted By: Dusted U

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 02:42 PM

cool duster
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 02:49 PM

Must not be like a turbo car, You didnt set at the lights retarted and popping and fartiung before ya nailed it. Must be the difference fron a turbo car, and a gear driven boosted car.

Sounded like a damn funny ar burn out!

I like it, nice run!!
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 03:08 PM

Quote:

Got some footage for you gents. Still got allot of tuning to do but I'm happy with my first hit...

Nice job, DJ. Glad to see you out with the car testing. Take it slow man and work into it; she'll come around cause the power/chassis is there no doubt. Hats off.....

Wes
Posted By: Mac's Hemi 64

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 04:48 PM

DJ that is a rolling piece of art work. Seeing it in person the pictures do not do it justice. Keep after it, best of luck.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/05/12 04:59 PM

You're missing a gas cap!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/06/12 12:39 AM

Quote:

You're missing a gas cap!

LOL, yeah i know... And thank to all for the kudos.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/06/12 03:47 AM

She's a beast.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/06/12 04:50 AM

Quote:

That thing looks and sounds mean man. Once sorted out it should fly............

Re: Drag Week Duster - 11/06/12 05:17 AM

DJ,
Who was the long strider out front with the big hat?

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/07/14 12:35 PM

Quote:

DJ,
Who was the long strider out front with the big hat?

Sorry for the super late reply, but that was my pops...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/07/14 03:37 PM

DJ... did you get in this year... my buddy and myself
opted out due to where its starting and the cost..
this is what I built for DW.. hopefully next year
it will be back this way

Attached picture 8200445-IMG_20140528_121230181_HDR-w640-h479.jpg

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/07/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

DJ... did you get in this year... my buddy and myself
opted out due to where its starting and the cost..
this is what I built for DW.. hopefully next year
it will be back this way

I did get a slot and hope to full fill it this time. And i'm well aware of your build. I have been following it from the beginning. Came out really nice man...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/08/14 07:28 AM

I for one am so glad you are posting again, love the build and cant wait to see how you do

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/09/14 02:33 AM

Quote:

I for one am so glad you are posting again, love the build and cant wait to see how you do

Thanks man...
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/09/14 02:42 AM

DJ nice build. Can't wait to see it allsorted out.
Are you going to get on "the list"?
Don

Attached picture 8202471-T&T4-26-14.jpg
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Drag Week Duster - 07/09/14 07:39 PM

Quote:

Ditto !

Welcome back and good luck !

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/14 07:19 AM

Quote:

DJ nice build. Can't wait to see it allsorted out.
Are you going to get on "the list"?
Don

Many people have asked, and I'm not a fan of having to take out power just to get down the street. My main priority is to be in the top 3 fastest street-capable cars in America. Drag Week is where you do that and I'm focus on that right now. Once my car is doing what I know she is capable of, I may entertain the idea, but it is low on my get list...

Re: Drag Week Duster - 08/05/14 07:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto !

Welcome back and good luck !

Thanks man...
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/04/14 05:09 AM

Is the Duster going make it? Hopefully i will see you there!

Re: Drag Week Duster - 09/04/14 12:58 PM

Ran out of time.No time to test.Hard to do a car like that with him being across the pond.He does have a But load of frequent flier miles though.Cya in '15 DJ.
© 2024 Moparts Forums