Moparts

Torque specs with ARP moly grease?

Posted By: ebodiesonly

Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 12:59 AM

At Factory Shop Manual tightening torque specs for instance main bearing cap bolt, cylinder head bolt etc are given with using motoroil in the threads.

What should the torque specifications be if ARP moly grease is used in the threads?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 01:39 AM

It depends on the bolt maker and ARP, call both to get the correct information ARP may not give you a torque specs. for some other brand
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 01:39 AM

My paperwork from ARP says the heads and mains ( studs) go to 110 lbs
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 01:40 AM

I would not use ARP moly grease on non ARP bolts where just regular oil is recommended - especially in blind holes. Your askin for trouble by doing so - IMO.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 01:53 AM

Quote:

I would not use ARP moly grease on non ARP bolts where just regular oil is recommended - especially in blind holes. Your askin for trouble by doing so - IMO.

I agree with Crizila, as well as there have been some major changes in torque specs because of the new lubes that ARP is using. I use CMP lube on just about everything with a known stretch, but I'd almost rather use 30W than the "new" ARP lube.
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 05:20 AM

If the fasteners are ARP, the ARP website shows torque specs if you know the kit number. (XXX-XXXX)

Good Luck
Posted By: 383man

Re: Torque specs with ARP moly grease? - 07/18/11 01:11 PM

The factory service manual torque readings are with using motor oil. I dont even know if ARP was around in the mid 60's when some of the manuals for our cars were written. Anytime I have gotten ARP bolts the paperwork that comes in the box gives torque readings with the ARP lube and with motor oil. It is always higher with motor oil. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums