Moparts

United enclosed trailer?

Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 04:31 AM

Looking at buying a United superhauler enclosed trailer.Wondering if anyone owns a United trailer or has seen one up close, just wondering on the fit and finish of there trailers.
Thanks for any and all info
kevin
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 12:16 PM

Yes I have owned 2 of them over the years, a 26' tag and a 40' goose. Both were decent trailers. I consider them middle of the road. Mine were "silver stars" sold by Bruce Litton in Indy.
Make sure the cross supports in the floor are 16" on center. A friend had a Haulmark with 24" centers on the floor and his dragster tires fell through on one road trip.
Wavey sides indicates a flexing trailer. I would only buy a enclosed trailer with 16" wheels, no way on 15" My
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 12:20 PM

a neighbor just bought one, i think it looks very good, his is 44' with lots of cabinets. it looks as good or better than my continental cargo. good luck.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 01:12 PM

I love mine!!! But I told you that already... haahahahahahah
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 09:48 PM

Attached picture 6702553-new3.jpg
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 06/27/11 10:13 PM

Here's a picture of my 26' tag back around 1991.

First out of town road trip, got stuck in S Carolina for 5 days when they had a 100 year snow storm. The IHRA nationals was cancelled at Darlington dragway around 1992-4? Most of the state was iced in with a foot of ice, it was bad. Where we stayed it was clear, but up the road 50 miles it was 12" thick, solid ice.
Oh yea, on this trip it killed that 1986 2500 truck with a 360 and quadrajet carb.
It had 2 burnt valves when I got back to Cincy. The mountains murdered it. It was the last time I trailered with it. It was not enough truck for that 26' trailer.

Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/01/11 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the info, just put the order in today for the trailer.Know the waiting game 5-6 weeks to build
Kevin
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/01/11 09:08 PM

Here is the one I pulled for 10 years. Started life ass a tag trailer but I so much prefer a goose neck that I converted it.
Tows and rides so much nicer. Only tag trailer I pull is a small utility or boat trailer if given any choice at all.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/01/11 11:16 PM

Quote:

Here is the one I pulled for 10 years. Started life ass a tag trailer but I so much prefer a goose neck that I converted it.
Tows and rides so much nicer. Only tag trailer I pull is a small utility or boat trailer if given any choice at all.

Are there kits to convert the tag trailer or did you just fab up the goose neck off the original frame

Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/02/11 03:45 AM

I have an identical trailer that was bought from Trailer World in Bowling Green, KY in 1997 and still going strong. The rear door did rust out at the right hinge, gotta fix it soon. The only difference is mine is black and has TWI raised on the slope nose.
Posted By: FOOLISH_PLEASURE

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/02/11 04:24 PM

I got my frist united in 1987 ,have had six more and am geting readly to buy a new one now
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: United enclosed trailer? - 07/03/11 04:18 PM

Texas Trailerman is on this board. He's a straight shooter and would give you the low down on any trailer. (Besides that he's got a great lil dart that hauls.) See his photo on the Texas Mopar shootout.
© 2024 Moparts Forums