Moparts

Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN

Posted By: silverfish

Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 05:39 PM

We ended up having a great race. Everybody there had a great time and we all got to put faces with names and get to know each other. We had 10 cars show up with one breaking before the actual race so 9 cars were entered in eliminations. We had 4 cars that broke something within the last week before the race. We had another 4 cars that confirmed they would be there and didn't show for reasons unknown. If those 8 would have showed it would have been a full 16 car field but thats how it goes, nothing you can do about it. It was really really really HOT and that plagued all of us. Added to that I think every car there was having some sort of issue with their car that was not allowing it to run to its potential. For us it was the trans/converter....it wouldn't even let us do a burnout! I don't know how the car still ran 5.60s without even a burnout and wet tires but it did. Luck was def on our side. Anyway, here is how everything ended up.....

1st round:

Tony Russo(n20mstr) def. Scotty Wilson(Dustedu)
Phillip Rose(sixpakx) def. Jerry Mathis(Lifesgrt)
Robert Loder(Rossio)(fasterdart) def. Wayne Smothers(Big Squeeze)
Gary Robbins (silverfish) def. Bob Romano(Bigtimeauto)
Bill May had the bye run

2nd round:

Gary Robbins (silverfish) def. Phillip Rose(sixpakx)
Robert Loder(Rossio)(fasterdart) def. Bill May
Tony Russo(n20mstr) had the bye

3rd round:

Tony Russo(n20mstr) def. Robert Loder(Rossio)(fasterdart)
Gary Robbins(silverfish) had the bye

Final Round:

Tony Russo(n20mstr) def. Gary Robbins(silverfish)

Quickest nitrous pass was Bill May - $500 from Monte Smith Performance

Longest drive was Tony Russo(n20mstr) - Set of wires from Custom Wire Sets

Most dramatic loss of the race was Bob Romano(bigtimeauto) - Set of wires from Custom Wire Sets

Quickest 1st round loser was Scotty Wilson(Dustedu) - Set of wires from Custom Wire Sets

Every racer was awarded a gift certificate from Jeff Allison Motorsports(Hitman340)

Congrats to Tony Russo(n20mstr) for the win. He made all the right decisions about his tuneup and the track and just plain got it done. A very well deserved win!!

And a very special thanks to all the sponsors that made this happen....

Gary Robbins with Robbins Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep (Gary Robbins)
Bob Romano with Bigtime Automotive (bigtimeauto)
Steve Gillman with Predator Performance (Gillman34)
Wayne Smothers with Smothers Supercars (Big Squeeze)
Rick Gorski with Custom Wire Sets (sunroofgtx)
Jeff Allison with Jeff Allison Motorsports (Hitman340)
Monte Smith with Monte Smith Performance (Monte Smith)

Attached picture 6680837-014.JPG

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 05:47 PM

I just wanna say thanks to everyone that came to the race and supported our efforts. I also want to appologize that we weren't able to be more organized about everything. I completely underestimated how difficult it was going to be to try and run the race and participate at the same time!!! We were having problems with our car and everyone there just fell right in with us and helped us get it going. Every racer there honestly would give up the shirt off their back to help one of the other fellow racers!! It didn't matter if you needed a part, tool, advice, or whatever everyone was willing to do whatever it took. Special thanks to Scotty Wilson and his dad for helping us change the plugs on our car in a rush. For those of you that don't know, thats no easy task on our car!

I learned a lot from this race and would do a lot of things differently. Maybe with what we learned from this we can make the next one even better. And to all the haters out there....well this site is a family site and I can't say what I want but you know what I mean!
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 05:56 PM

well said
Posted By: fasterdart

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 06:05 PM

we had a great time running this race...just wish we had a little more.
Posted By: cold85

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 06:48 PM

got round sheets with timess? thanks

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 08:39 PM

Quote:

got round sheets with timess? thanks

We got time sheets from time runs but I don't think the track ever gave us time sheets from eliminations. I will check and see. Pretty much all et's were in the 5.50 - 5.80 range in eliminations. Some quicker times were made Friday night testing but clocks were off and some people might not like me telling everyone what their et was.
Posted By: Allan_G

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 10:26 PM

Quote:

I just wanna say thanks to everyone that came to the race and supported our efforts. I also want to appologize that we weren't able to be more organized about everything. I completely underestimated how difficult it was going to be to try and run the race and participate at the same time!!! We were having problems with our car and everyone there just fell right in with us and helped us get it going. Every racer there honestly would give up the shirt off their back to help one of the other fellow racers!! It didn't matter if you needed a part, tool, advice, or whatever everyone was willing to do whatever it took. Special thanks to Scotty Wilson and his dad for helping us change the plugs on our car in a rush. For those of you that don't know, thats no easy task on our car!

I learned a lot from this race and would do a lot of things differently. Maybe with what we learned from this we can make the next one even better. And to all the haters out there....well this site is a family site and I can't say what I want but you know what I mean!

Amen, Scott! You guys did an awesome job for a first time event and with no promotional experience that I'm aware of. And as I mentioned in another thread, thanks again to all the sponsors for taking a leap of faith for a fledgling event.

With the lessons learned on this deal, there's no reason why this couldn't be a bigger success next year, or perhaps even a series of sorts with the different venues that are hosting similar events this year (Marion, OH, Indy, etc.). Plenty of time to thing about things and get racer input etc. the rest of this year, but I sure do hope you/someone brings this event back next year. It was a blast even with the reduced field!

Nice meeting you and your dad as well as everyone else. You are all some class guys and gals and great representatives for Moparts!

-Allan
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/13/11 11:20 PM

There will definetly be a race in Indy this year, and if the robbins want some help with putting the race back at Ohio Valley next year, i will help however I can
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/14/11 12:59 AM

Posted By: instigator

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/14/11 01:15 AM

Definetly hated I missed it...sounded like a great time....maybe next time I won't have to drop out like the chump that I am....
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/14/11 03:51 PM

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Gary and Scott for putting this on and also a BIG THANK YOU to you racers that showed up. It takes dedication to put on a race as well as the racers to travel that far. So THANK YOU! Enjoyed meeting you all and putting faces to the race cars. Congrats Tony!
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 12:47 AM

awesome,and looks like pizza oil on Tony Russo's shirt,lol j/k..and if im correct billy mays had the quickest car there according to time slips? damn ny fellas
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 02:16 AM

I'm glad Scott had the event! Had to be mentally tough all together! I'd be willing to bet the next one will be bigger since the ball is finally rolling!!! Maybe add a couple "other" classes to bring in the mopar hobbyist and make it bigger and better!
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:18 AM

We had a great time, although my car was a first round runner up........ ......Met Big Time Auto.....Great guy......His new nickname will be "Mr. Problem Solver"....Inside joke....

I got a chance to BS with Bill Mayes.....WOW that car is SUPER NICE.... I took quite a few pics of it......

Met DannyB........Nice guy.....We chatted quite a bit.......

Thanks, to Scott and Gary for wearing the Promotor's hats.....Two really nice guys that worked REALLY hard to get this deal done......

The race between Mayes and the gold N/A Dart was AWESOME!!!.......Mayes lost by .001 and was coming on like a freight train.....Mayes had something like 13MPH on Russo's car.....

I just now got a chance to downsize my pics so here they are........

Attached picture 6683325-IMG_5111small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:20 AM

Motor shot.......

Attached picture 6683331-IMG_5112small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:22 AM

Other side......

Attached picture 6683335-IMG_5122small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:23 AM

Attached picture 6683336-IMG_5121small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:24 AM

The junk in Bill's trunk......

Attached picture 6683340-IMG_5126small.jpg
Posted By: 4404dart

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:25 AM

Awesome Tony! Great job. Makes me really miss the car.

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:25 AM

More of the junk in Bill's trunk......

Attached picture 6683344-IMG_5125small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:27 AM

Underhood shot of Tony's car......

Attached picture 6683347-IMG_5115small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:29 AM

Kentucky Runner.......

Attached picture 6683351-IMG_5117small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:31 AM

Hot Rod Charger......

Attached picture 6683353-IMG_5119small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:33 AM

Scott's hot rod......

Attached picture 6683355-IMG_5113small.jpg

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:36 AM

Awe yeah.........

Attached picture 6683362-IMG_5114small.jpg
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:37 AM

Great time guys

Thanks again
Posted By: Lifsgrt

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 03:39 AM

Great job to Gary and Scott plus those that showed for the event! Good meeting everyone. Hope these events continue in the future!
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 04:37 AM

Gary if you decide to put one of these races on here in the south central USA let me know. I will throw in some cash to make it worth while. Maybe Kennedale or somewhere in Oklahoma. October would be best for weather conditions. I would love to travel to the northeast but to much work going on here.
Posted By: kingdust

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 05:04 AM

man, i can't wait to get my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] back together for next year. great job and nice pics.

Attached picture 6683478-marksduster.jpg
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 11:27 AM

Awesome pics-----------

love the valve covers on tonys car
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/15/11 12:53 PM

Congrats to all. Looks like it was a GREAT race.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Official Results for MOPAR SMALL TIRE THROWDOWN - 06/18/11 07:16 PM

I just back home from moving trucks around the country. Goshen In. to New Buffalo Pa. to Dublin Va. to Somerset Ky. to La Vernge Tn. to Wilmington Oh. to Montezuma Ga. to DFW Tx. Whuuu I'm tired.

Big had a great time talking and bench racing with you.

Glad to meet everyone I met and hope to meet more at Ohio. I thought it was exciting and went well especially for a first time event. I would like to say thanks to the organizers and participants. Hope ya'll can bring a race to a track in our area. The Denton track would be good as Larry runs a tight ship.
© 2024 Moparts Forums