Moparts

Wiper arm plug?

Posted By: Dart1031

Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 03:31 AM

What do you guys use to plug the wiper arm holes on your A and B bodies? The car is all ready painted, so welding it shut is out of the question. I need something that looks good that can bolt/press in. Preferrably not chrome
Posted By: 2DoorPost

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 03:38 AM

I bought mine at home depot,but they are shiny. I don't see why a person couldn't scuff them and paint them any color they wanted. VERY cheap too!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 03:40 AM

electric outlet chasis plugs that are used in plumbing and electrical work to plug unused holes in the elctric boxes and plumbimg fixtures Measure the hole diameter and go to a good supplier and see if they have press in ones you like some are chrome and some are not, I have seen some of the dull ones painted to match the car They looked really good that way, blend right in usually
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 03:42 AM

Quote:

I bought mine at home depot,but they are shiny. I don't see why a person couldn't scuff them and paint them any color they wanted. VERY cheap too!!

got mine at lowes. hardware section
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 10:47 AM

I just used some body plugs, 5/8 I think. Got them at the local auto parts place.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 01:47 PM

mcmaster carr and graingers both sell them in every size under the sun. I have a lot of different sizes here what size do you need?
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 08:31 PM

Thanks guys!

Quote:

mcmaster carr and graingers both sell them in every size under the sun. I have a lot of different sizes here what size do you need?

It's for my 68 Dart, so it's probably the same as what you're using. If you plugged them that is, lol.

There is a Grainger near me, but they said I need an account to buy from them. I don't own a business, so that didn't get me anywhere

EDIT: I just measured it and it's 3/4" ID

Attached picture 6681064-LHside.JPG
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: Wiper arm plug? - 06/13/11 08:41 PM

I used hole plugs from Hammond electrical enclosures. They have a type of weather strip behind them as well as a washer and wing nut to hold them in.

Edit......Here's a link to what they look like. There are many sizes to choose from. I even used a large one to plug the antenna hole.

Hole Plugs
© 2024 Moparts Forums