Moparts

Small oil pan leak

Posted By: PARTSMAN440

Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 02:56 PM

I have a small oil leak on the bottom of my pan. Is there any fix other than dropping the pan. Maybe JB weld or silicone. It in the center on the bottom of the pan. Help.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 03:01 PM

Quote:

I have a small oil leak on the bottom of my pan. Is there any fix other than dropping the pan. Maybe JB weld or silicone. It in the center on the bottom of the pan. Help.

Weld it... I did that on my Jeep... drain the oil
clean the out side and weld it
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 03:18 PM

Tim...You should have had Jimmy take care of that when it was up in the air...How do you like your new chassis set up?? Got any pics??
Posted By: dOc …

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 03:23 PM

I had a pin-hole in my 62 pan some years back. Drained the oil.... hit it with a proPAIN torch with some acid solder ...NO problemO.
Posted By: PARTSMAN440

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 03:36 PM

I didnt known I had a leak till I got home last night and looked uner the car. Had about a 5 inch puddle under the pan.
I posted yesterday about the new ladderbars. Great job done by Jim and the crew. Jim took some pics and said he would postthem
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 03:42 PM

OK....I missed that post...Jimmy and the boys do a great job!! Can't wait to see pics...
Posted By: Thor500

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/17/11 04:43 PM

When mine leaked, I drained it welded it then siliconed it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Small oil pan leak - 05/18/11 12:57 AM

Quote:

do you know Murphy, he hates Mopar drag racers Take it off and fix it right
© 2024 Moparts Forums