Moparts

small block spead port head

Posted By: johnl1961

small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:25 PM

Here you go this is a head that i will offer in about 5 months!It will be spead port with a intake and a cam swap!

Attached picture 6626419-flow#S.png
Posted By: 11secaarcuda

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:27 PM

How much $$? Will they require special headers?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:43 PM

Look at the valve size! That is a serious piece.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:48 PM

Very nice! Got any pics of the heads?

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:50 PM

Headers will be needed!This head is going to make lots of horse power
with little effort! Working on a cam swap now,Got a major cam company
working with us as we speak!The head is also a canted valve head!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:52 PM

Quote:

Look at the valve size! That is a serious piece.

Thats a big block chevy valve.... I would think they
will require a different header
To the OP is that head out of the box flow or is that
a ported head
EDIT
I would assume you would need different pistons also
due to the valve locations

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:59 PM

That is C&C head!You guys will love this head!It will be a winter release but you bet it will work great!And your pocket book will like them too!Pictures to be released soon.Maybe real soon!
Posted By: patrick

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 05:59 PM

so does it improve pushrod geometry for the 59 degree blocks, more like the old poly's? what about rocker gear?

2.19/1.7 valves? must have some pretty good valve shrouding even on a 4" port?

how much?

maybe I'm missing something, but lift up to .5 or so looks about like ported RHS or eddies, overall flow numbers up to .7" don't look much different that CNC indy 360 heads?

or they look to flow comparable to mildly worked 6.1 hemi heads

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 06:07 PM

Spread port that is the target here!they have not even been worked on yet!Someone here will take these heads and make huge horse power!On a small budget!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 06:17 PM

I can't wait to see that, details and/or pics please!!!!!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 06:18 PM

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 07:08 PM

Rocker gear are being done also!Its all about being spead port!You guys will put the combos to work and make the power!this will make a great power adder head for turbo or spray!high horse power on a n/a motor and not spend 35000 dollars
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 07:14 PM

Hey johnl1961, this sounds like a really exciting head you're offering. Could you give us some details on your company and who you are? I see that you just joined and it's always nice to see new people posting who offer great Mopar products.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 07:35 PM

I remember saying years ago it would seem simple to adapt the latest Ford "CHI" style canted valve design to the SB mopar as the deck heights and 10 bolt layouts are so similar.

You didn't mention anything about a special spread port (non siamese) IEIEIEIE type intake and exhaut port arrangement....so I guess you're planning a W type arrangement?

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 07:59 PM

Just a guy with alot of good people aroud me that have alot of years of racing under there belts!This is a private venture that has taken alot of thought and time,But with some very smart people in my corner
this is a good thing for all in the mopar world!I am trying to bring this whole top end to market for a price that the average guy can buy and use without breaking the bank!The price of this top end i cant give yet cause we want it made here in the USA not over seas!But stay tuned more to come!spread port both sides
Posted By: fishy340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 08:06 PM

Quote:

Just a guy with alot of good people aroud me that have alot of years of racing under there belts!This is a private venture that has taken alot of thought and time,But with some very smart people in my corner
this is a good thing for all in the mopar world!I am trying to bring this whole top end to market for a price that the average guy can buy and use without breaking the bank!The price of this top end i cant give yet cause we want it made here in the USA not over seas!But stay tuned more to come!spread port both sides

BEST LUCK TO YA.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 08:11 PM

Quote:

Man this is like showing your kids what you brought them for christmas in July Glad to hear there is a new product on the market and going to be made in USA. Keep the good work up and i am looking foward for more info.
Posted By: FIREGUY12

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 08:57 PM

Man this sounds exciting. I will start saving my pennies now.
Posted By: Pat7272

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 10:34 PM

Im always glad to see more SBM parts coming to market, especially real HP pieces!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 10:36 PM

Quote:

well thats positive good luck
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 11:11 PM

very intresting news for sure
sounds like something like a smallblock predatorhead
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: small block spead port head - 05/10/11 11:47 PM

I need to keep track of this, in case some pictures show up.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:08 AM

what are you building the intake plenum design after?
cheapst
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:24 AM

Canted valves... hhmmmmm.. these should be interesting.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:37 AM

sounds interesting, i'll stick with ryan. he's the man. w-9's- 359.6@700. seeya.
Posted By: LA360

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:38 AM

Just subscribing to the post!

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:07 PM

So will this work on the 59 degree. Stuff.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:16 PM

Sounds like they will make power, but also sound expensive to an already expensive engine combo. The canted valves and special valve train just makes an added expence.

Ill stick with a mopar WEDGE head design which we all know works. Leave the Chevy valve design to the bowties.

Not hating on what your doing, just not cup of tea.

Kasey
Posted By: racincuda

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:30 PM

I think it's great that more new parts ar coming out and espesially eh fact someone is incorporating different design technology to the mopar head, BOUT TIME

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:50 PM

I wouldn't hate on it to much, let's not forget that this isn't a Chevy design, it's a Mopar design as far as I'm concerned, just like the original small block was (the polysphere's, 318 "A" engines, etc). Even the blocks in our beloved wedge small blocks were originaly designed for canted valve IEIEIEIE design heads (59 degree lifter angle which was kept but is a compromise for a wedge design). It suprises me that it took someone so long to do this cause if you look at it, it really is just a spin off of the original 50's design. Now I'm sure that there will be absolutely no parts interchange and it's probably a clean sheet of paper design, but the similarities, by the sounds of it, are there. Look at the latest and greatest Big Block Chevy heads. Alot of them have no parts interchange with factory stuff and are basically a clean sheet design if you compared them directly, but you don't see Chevy guys belly aching that they aren't "Chevy". I think that as Mopar guys we should be doing back flips that these will be available and can still be considered "Mopar" by design
Posted By: Crizila

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 02:58 PM

I'm reserving my "back Flips" for the time being.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 03:00 PM

I just see expensive parts.

I hope not, and its great theres companies out there doing mopars favores and such. and you are correct the polly had canted heads.

I just know Ill never be able to afford them.

like I said I just like the good ol wedge design witch works.

Kasey

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:19 PM

Quote:

Sounds like they will make power, but also sound expensive to an already expensive engine combo. The canted valves and special valve train just makes an added expence.

Ill stick with a mopar WEDGE head design which we all know works. Leave the Chevy valve design to the bowties.

Not hating on what your doing, just not cup of tea.

Kasey

if you keep that logic we will be stuck in the 70s forever. these is nothing chevy about canted valves. it's a race piece for racing. if you want to go fast it costs no matter which brand.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:29 PM

if you keep that logic we will be stuck in the 70s forever. these is nothing chevy about canted valves. it's a race piece for racing. if you want to go fast it costs no matter which brand.

Thats is true. everything costs money. Whats wrong with the 70s maaaan?

I wish I grew up in the 70s

Kasey

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:33 PM

Quote:

Kasey

Me too
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:34 PM

Quote:

Kasey

Quicktree was in his 40s in the 70s so he was to old to go to KISS and Black Sabbath concerts

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Kasey

Quicktree was in his 40s in the 70s so he was to old to go to KISS and Black Sabbath concerts

Me too - but I did go to a ZZ Top concert for my #50 B-day.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 04:41 PM

here we go again with the crap where alot of people wants cheap.
speed costs money,how fast do you want to go?

dont think this deal has to be real expensive plenty of cantedvalve parts out there that wont cost an arm and a leg. if rockers are anything close to ford 385series or cleveland or chevy bigblock based it wont cost more than mopars shaftmount stuff.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 05:14 PM

We are trying to use a stock rocker!Your right going fast is not cheap but ill bet this,You can make more power with my head out of the box than others ported and polish finished product!I am trying to keep this head at a price that we all can afford!Its not that far away
that i can show some pics!we thought MOPAR NATIONALS would be a good time for a look what you guys think?
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 05:21 PM

I think the term is "symmetrical port" heads. I applaud your enthusiasm and wish you well. Hopefully you are past the "idea" stage and have some kind of idea what the process will cost, from development to core boxes to a finished product. That, combined with the reality of how many sets you can actually sell will set your price point, not goodwill towards your fellow mopar racer.
I have ties with a major cylinder head manufacturer and cannot convince them that there is enough of a market for mopar heads to offset the cost associated with producing them, much less something exotic that won't appeal to the masses. (exotic meaning "buy alot of other unique parts to facilitate their use") They have all the pieces in place already.....so I am sure your costs will be higher.

Not trying to discourage you, just voicing my perspective.

Good Luck
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 06:27 PM

based on the original listed flow numbers its nothing to get excited about,,, a "canted valve" type head should flow 40+cfm more than the numbers listed on the intake and 30-40 more on the exh

a symetrical port head means a common int and exh port, spaced at bore spacing... a spread port head means ports are spaced apart more than factory. id imagine if its a real spread port head then it may be like a tunnel port type head with a pushrod sleeve going through the center of the port

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 07:29 PM

Be sure not to land on your head
Posted By: dizuster

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 07:55 PM

So don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to bash you, but please just take care before you start shooting from the hip about your new product.

So not that "flow" is everything, but the flow numbers posted aren't even as good as a w8/w9, and barely better (if any) then an Indy 245RP.

So be careful with your,
Quote:

but ill bet this,You can make more power with my head out of the box than others ported and polish finished product!

comment.

It just makes it seem like you might not quite know what the benchmark is. A canted valve head that doesn't make any more power then a wedge head, isn't exactly going to sell like hotcakes...

Also... if you have a head to flow, why can't the pictures be posted? Something obviously exists in physical form...
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 07:55 PM

Quote:

sounds interesting, i'll stick with ryan. he's the man. w-9's- [Email]359.6@700.[/Email] seeya.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this thread, only thing is... how much does a complete W9 set up like that run? Answer that and we will know what price he will have to shoot to beat.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 09:17 PM

Guys dont get caught in flow numbers. Port design and shape is a major part of making power. Just because one head flows more air than another does not mean it will make more power. I bet you a spread port head will make more power with comparable flow numbers. Just my
Posted By: Smallblock340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/11/11 09:52 PM

I sure hope you can produce agood head.I was running a set of w5 second gen.Ran good while they lasted ,but quality was not good. cost more to repair than they are worth and indy has quality problems also.Look forward to more info.
Posted By: moeflo

Re: small block spread port head - 05/11/11 11:27 PM

Quote:

Guys don't get caught in flow numbers. Port design and shape is a major part of making power. Just because one head flows more air than another does not mean it will make more power. I bet you a spread port head will make more power with comparable flow numbers. Just my

Why would a spread port layout make more power per CFM? We've done spread port heads for customers with good results. But, there's no inherent HP advantage over symmetrical or SB2/P7 port spacing. The original spread-port heads simply minimized the differences in the long and short intake ports of the much compromised BBC design. The big power was more a result of much raised ports, and reduced valve angles. They are still a compromise as compared to a symmetrical head. That probably plays into why there are no spread-port style heads in P/S or cup racing currently. Other than to benefit intake manifold packaging, I don't know why unlike intake ports would be desirable.
Posted By: MattW

Re: small block spread port head - 05/11/11 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Guys don't get caught in flow numbers. Port design and shape is a major part of making power. Just because one head flows more air than another does not mean it will make more power. I bet you a spread port head will make more power with comparable flow numbers. Just my

Why would a spread port layout make more power per CFM? We've done spread port heads for customers with good results. But, there's no inherent HP advantage over symmetrical or SB2/P7 port spacing. The original spread-port heads simply minimized the differences in the long and short intake ports of the much compromised BBC design. The big power was more a result of much raised ports, and reduced valve angles. They are still a compromise as compared to a symmetrical head. That probably plays into why there are no spread-port style heads in P/S or cup racing currently. Other than to benefit intake manifold packaging, I don't know why unlike intake ports would be desirable.

IE New HEMI
Posted By: tubtar

Re: small block spead port head - 05/12/11 03:07 AM

Quote:

how much does a complete W9 set up like that run? Answer that and we will know what price he will have to shoot to beat.

Heads...... 750 on the bay.
Rockers ( T&D ) 1,200.00
Intake .....new from Ma 425.00
Offset lifters 720.00
Porting.......I don't have the final bill yet , but the intake is getting done as I type and I'll know soon enough.
Suffice to say it is in the couple grand + neighborhood with valve springs and assembly.
My flow numbers are significantly better than those posted.......especially at low to mid lift.
Now , those numbers are reputed to be out of the box , so it may flow monster numbers.
But we're talking price here.
So if it falls in the 3,500.00 neighborhood as a bolt on kit , it should be a heck of a deal.
Very Indy like in that regard.
I'll keep my eyes peeled , but I am locked into my current path and barring disaster or lottery winning , I hope to be done dropping coin on this scale for a while.
But then again.............

Re: small block spead port head - 05/12/11 02:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

how much does a complete W9 set up like that run? Answer that and we will know what price he will have to shoot to beat.

Heads...... 750 on the bay.
Rockers ( T&D ) 1,200.00
Intake .....new from Ma 425.00
Offset lifters 720.00
Porting.......I don't have the final bill yet , but the intake is getting done as I type and I'll know soon enough.
Suffice to say it is in the couple grand + neighborhood with valve springs and assembly.
My flow numbers are significantly better than those posted.......especially at low to mid lift.
Now , those numbers are reputed to be out of the box , so it may flow monster numbers.
But we're talking price here.
So if it falls in the 3,500.00 neighborhood as a bolt on kit , it should be a heck of a deal.
Very Indy like in that regard.
I'll keep my eyes peeled , but I am locked into my current path and barring disaster or lottery winning , I hope to be done dropping coin on this scale for a while.
But then again.............

don't forget the new pistons and camshaft you will need with this "super poly" head...
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 05:44 AM

sheez....!!!

sometimes i think some of you people would eat your own young....

what a bunch of haters...
cheapst

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 09:16 AM

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

no wonder we don't have anything

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 12:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

I was just stating the fact that when you change valve layout from in-line wedge, to a canted head, you're going to need new valves....also, with the change in head/valve goemetry, you'll need a different camshaft to get the valve timing right. 318 poly and LA cams are not interchangeable which means possibly being stuck starting with a billet core ($$)

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 01:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

I was just stating the fact that when you change valve layout from in-line wedge, to a canted head, you're going to need new valves....also, with the change in head/valve goemetry, you'll need a different camshaft to get the valve timing right. 318 poly and LA cams are not interchangeable which means possibly being stuck starting with a billet core ($$)

And lets not forget pistons. They will need a different valve relief cut in them to clear canted valve angle. Not a big deal but just more things to change, and im sure there isnt a performance "off shelf" piston so theres more expence. Unless im wrong here, and there is a set out there.

Kasey
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 01:16 PM

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

I always welcome new and improved designs for our Mopars. We never get any love from the aftermarket that Ford and GM guys get.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 01:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

And lets not forget pistons. They will need a different valve relief cut in them to clear canted valve angle. Not a big deal but just more things to change, and im sure there isnt a performance "off shelf" piston so theres more expence. Unless im wrong here, and there is a set out there.

Kasey

My custom Diamonds where not much more than a shelf set.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 02:08 PM

As been brought up in many past posts the mopar crowd is not into hardcore racing and doesn't want to spend the $$$ it takes to go this route. Good luck with this head hope it works out for ya I will stick with my w-9s. Well as long as yours does blow them off the map.
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 02:14 PM

Good luck and I hope the head works out for you!

I think if we had a finished product to look at and evaluate the responses may be different, hence waiting to post until the product was finished.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sheez....!!!

cheapst

Kasey

that's what I meant, new pistons....guess I needed more caffiene...

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 09:15 PM

Let's not confuse hating with stating.
I also welcome any new and cool developments for these little brutes.
That being said........59 degree , 48 degree , 8.90 to 9.56 deck height , X , W-2 , 5 , 7 , 8 , 9 , P-5 , P-7 etc. etc.
There is something to be said for a standard , and it has worked well for other manufacturers.
This boutique block and head phenomena is a relatively recent development for all of them and MoPar just doesn't have the numbers to justify the tooling and development like Chevrolet and to a lesser extent , Ford.
Face it , if we ( the collective we ) didn't get some perverse pleasure out of doing something different , we'd all be driving Camaros , Mustangs or God forbid , Novas.
I'll be watching this deal as it progresses and wish the people behind it nothing but the best.
But that doesn't change the reality or the nature of how things work.
That isn't hating at all.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 09:17 PM

I forgot to mention Commando.
Don't even get me started on Commando's.
I leave out Magnums intentionally.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/13/11 10:29 PM

Well, I have a feeling this will go the way of the Ritter blocks, alot of asking when are they coming out, and to show up on stage in front of a broke audience.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 01:50 AM

Could we get a definition of the different terms being thrown around? Whats the diff between spread port and splayed port? Is a splayed port like the SB2 Chevy heads? Didn't they call those mirror ports?
Posted By: knyech1

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 02:11 PM

Quote:

I need to keep track of this, in case some pictures show up.

Me too
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Well, I have a feeling this will go the way of the Ritter blocks, alot of asking when are they coming out, and to show up on stage in front of a broke audience.

In most cases.

Attached picture 6634018-Demonpics004.jpg
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 03:29 PM

Nice block hitman!

Our best set of iron heads on our poor boy 360 has small stem chevy valves in them Kasey. Just a bunch of "little things" that added up to a cheap 10.9 combo in our Duster.

Looking forward to seeing if this head comes about, but then again, I'm more of a looker. Our W5's have more than met our needs.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In most cases.

That looks beefy as he11!
i knever managed to find any online prices on those:/
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 05:30 PM

Quote:

I hope not, and its great theres companies out there doing mopars favores and such. and you are correct the polly had canted heads.

Kasey

Can't help but agree with you on that. Yes it is exciting to see a new part come our way, but when the cost is so high they are just going to be another piece for the high end guys. And no I'm not hating on the high end people either but It would just be nice to see something new be alittle less exoitc and more geared towards the grassroots racer

Re: small block spead port head - 05/15/11 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Kasey

Can't help but agree with you on that. Yes it is exciting to see a new part come our way, but when the cost is so high they are just going to be another piece for the high end guys. And no I'm not hating on the high end people either but It would just be nice to see something new be alittle less exoitc and more geared towards the grassroots racer

i dont know about that, there is Edelbrock and RHS out there,another step up from that is basicly indy and W-series stuff and thats where people start complaining about cost for some reason,what market is there realy to fill?
Posted By: dizuster

Re: small block spead port head - 05/16/11 04:46 PM

Honestly I didn't say anything about the cost. I just pointed out that from the information posted thus far, they aren't any better then what's availible.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: small block spead port head - 05/16/11 11:39 PM

Well I for one can't wait to see what you come up with

Posted By: LA360

Re: small block spead port head - 05/16/11 11:46 PM

Quote:

I'll second that!

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 12:21 AM

where did he go
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 01:01 AM

Quote:

Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 03:47 AM

How much one of those Ritter blocks cost?
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 04:00 AM

Quote:

We are trying to use a stock rocker!

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Stock rockers on a small block mopar use a shaft design. A single shaft design. If I'm going to run a canted valve, spread port head, I sure as he!! won't be using stock rockers. For two reasons: One, stock rockers suck. Two, it's impossible to use a single shaft rocker setup on a canted valve engine. It seems you're throwing out a lot of hype without any real details.
I hope you'll forgive my skepticism, but I'm smelling something here and it ain't roses. I will happily eat my words later if this comes to fruition, but at least be honest. This will require a different intake manifold, different headers (which I know you already said), different rocker arms and different pistons. This will not be "cheap". It may be a relatively "cheap" way of making power, but I would rather it be labeled an alternative way of making power.
Ok, stepping off the soap box.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 04:11 AM

Mabey it will use stock magnum rockers or poly rockers. Mabey the valves will end up nearly straight up and down so they don't come close enough to flat top piston to need valve releifs. I am sure it will be expensive, no way around it when you can not use an existing cam, intake or headers. Mabey they can use a few stock items but a lot will need to be changed and the cost will add up. Probably end up being cheaper to just build an CNC ported eagle headed 400 inch new hemi.

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We are trying to use a stock rocker!

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Stock rockers on a small block mopar use a shaft design. A single shaft design. If I'm going to run a canted valve, spread port head, I sure as he!! won't be using stock rockers. For two reasons: One, stock rockers suck. Two, it's impossible to use a single shaft rocker setup on a canted valve engine. It seems you're throwing out a lot of hype without any real details.
I hope you'll forgive my skepticism, but I'm smelling something here and it ain't roses. I will happily eat my words later if this comes to fruition, but at least be honest. This will require a different intake manifold, different headers (which I know you already said), different rocker arms and different pistons. This will not be "cheap". It may be a relatively "cheap" way of making power, but I would rather it be labeled an alternative way of making power.
Ok, stepping off the soap box.

never said it was a stock MOPAR rocker...my guess would be they're using chev geometry shaft mount rockers....

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 05:37 PM

i would also gues on somekind of chevy or ford rocker, probably wouldnt be impossible that ford pistons could be an alternative also with a bit of luck
Posted By: dartman366

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 05:57 PM

Quote:

where did he go

I was wondering the same thing.
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 06:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

where did he go

The answer lies within this thread....
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 08:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

where did he go

It can be really easy to get discouraged around here. Personally I see like the guy at the Mopar show picking apart the Hemi Superbird, never had a car like that and never will.
Posted By: Oyvind Mopar

Re: small block spead port head - 05/17/11 09:29 PM

OK, but I think he should appreciate all this input, because it is for real and a broad feedback from experienced people of all issues he should expect when doing this job, and getting these free advices now can save him for a lot of problems later on if he organizes and plans ahead. I think he can gain something by opening his way of using standard components that fit other brands, like the way for instance a bbc extended rod has become a standard in measures for a stroker B/RB block. Will be interesting to see the outcome of this. Hope he will take the challenge!
© 2024 Moparts Forums