Moparts

Fuel cell cap help

Posted By: 71mopardude

Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 01:59 AM

Hey guys i need our help! I have an unknown fuel cell ( no name on it anywhere) it is around a 15 gallon, it is black plastic .. Im looking to get a new cap for it ( called jegs and summit they dont have measurements ) but heres my info .. it is a 12 bolt flush mount .. the cap i have now is red in color .. the outer mounting ring diameter is 6 inches the cap is about 3.5 inches with a taper ... if it matters the tank is a bottom sump... so if mine is the same as yours can you tell me what brand it is so i can order a new one !!

Thanks
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 04:01 AM

Is the current cap not functional, stiff, or is the plastic tab broke off. I just had to wrestle mine recently to get it open, same style of tank from what it sounds like.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 04:05 AM

Check the Jaz web site, they sell parts for the cells
Posted By: superstreet1896

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 04:07 AM

Sounds like a Jaz. thats what i have and sometimes it can be hard to get on and off.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 04:16 AM

hey. i think ur cap is the same as mine. check out summit, sum-290198. seeya.

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 04:43 AM

wish they just gave out demensions !! too easy that way lol it does look like the summit or the
Jaz one .... grrrrrr what to do ... my doesnt seal properly tried replacing the o ring but cant find the correct one also seems like it should tighten down better when it locks
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 05:01 AM

hey. i'd say the 1 from summit is the 1 u need. they also have the rubber seal too. if it don't fit, send it back. i put some vasaline on the seal, opens easier. seeya.

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/07/11 02:02 PM

Quote:

hey. i'd say the 1 from summit is the 1 u need. they also have the rubber seal too. if it don't fit, send it back. i put some vasaline on the seal, opens easier. seeya.

Ordered it ...
Posted By: racealittle

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/08/11 04:18 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a Jaz. thats what i have and sometimes it can be hard to get on and off.

I have had this issue a number of times with fuel cells.

A pair of pliers about the size of the flats on the locking ring, and some finesse to the flats will make it work better than new.

Re: Fuel cell cap help - 05/11/11 10:15 PM

Quote:

hey. i think ur cap is the same as mine. check out summit, sum-290198. seeya.

Thanks for the help .. it was the correct one !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums