Moparts

Where is the best place to learn about turboing?

Posted By: turbododgepirate

Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/15/11 08:27 PM

I want to do a super cheap turbo build on my old 318. Ive got some ideas, and I'm pretty familiar with turbocharging, but i need to learn about blow through carbs, and what Ill need. Anybody have a specific link, or forum? My basic build is going to be a 85K mile 318 with a single turbo setup (2 into 1)I have a Nice edelbrock airgap, but again, need to learn more about what carb to use. Thanks!!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/16/11 01:46 AM

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

this has been known to work pretty good
Posted By: CUUDAK

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/16/11 03:57 AM

Quote:

I want to do a super cheap turbo build on my old 318. Ive got some ideas, and I'm pretty familiar with turbocharging, but i need to learn about blow through carbs, and what Ill need. Anybody have a specific link, or forum? My basic build is going to be a 85K mile 318 with a single turbo setup (2 into 1)I have a Nice edelbrock airgap, but again, need to learn more about what carb to use. Thanks!!

Ditch the air gap. You really need a single plane intake. Most are using the super victor. I am using the Torker2. The link above is the same info I am using for my Holley.

You can learn alot on the turbo forums,

www.theturboforums.com

There is a search bar at the top of the forum you can Type what you need to know and Bam! done! Click a link.
Posted By: turbododgepirate

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/16/11 08:33 PM

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate it!!!!
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/17/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate it!!!!

i guess thats all thay got. you can go to the turbo manufacturer sites and look at turbo maps and get 1 of the many books like maximun boost by Corky bell.
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/17/11 01:53 AM

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/ seems like a very informative site also.
Posted By: 72sat

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/17/11 08:12 AM

check this site out. www.theturboforums.com
Posted By: dodge turbo

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/18/11 12:43 AM

Quote:

check this site out. www.theturboforums.com

x2 on turboforums....yellowbullet i think is more race oreinted and high dollar builds
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/18/11 06:59 PM

I purchased the Corky Bell book Maximum Boost like Mike mentioned. The problem with the book is that it speaks way over the novices head. Not saying you cant figure it out, or its not useful, but its definetly not turboing for dummies by any stretch!

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/18/11 10:17 PM

sorry,i just get inraged when i hear turboforums like it is the only info outthere.i need to learn more controle. M.S out.
dont take me wrong!i know the turboforums has a lot of info but i dont like to send people to one source for info to get the most info to learn from.
Posted By: CUUDAK

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/18/11 11:38 PM

Quote:

sorry,i just get inraged when i hear turboforums like it is the only info outthere.i need to learn more controle. M.S out.

Whew! Touchy!

I read as much B.S. as I did anything informative. Just gotta sift through it! Thats what frustrates me. Read-Read-Read. I found the member builds in any make or model and seen alot of "What Not to do".

Maybe Borg/Warner has online classes from their Germany turbo facility?
Posted By: dodge turbo

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/21/11 02:38 AM

Quote:

dont take me wrong!i know the turboforums has a lot of info but i dont like to send people to one source for info to get the most info to learn from.

sorry i mentioned yellowbullet too, but your going to learn more on that web forum then you will from people on here that dont have a turbo on anything they own or have a running turbo vehicle, which are totally different in many ways from a supercharged or nitrous vehicle

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/21/11 03:04 AM

please see past my ignorance of my post and take it as the need for more info.
Posted By: CW25

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/22/11 03:33 AM

The turbo forums is the only reason I have a running turbo truck. It really got me going. Maximum Boost is about 2% of that. Hours of reading on that forum and trying stuff myself has got me a pretty fun toy.
Posted By: Fury Fan

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/22/11 04:58 PM

The Turboforums is probably the best place for info. Why? It's the largest, it has a variety of specific sub-forums, it has turbo-specific vendors as sponsors.

In any webboard, getting the info you need is like fishing with a net. Use the net that has the smallest holes, and use it in the lake with the most fish...
Posted By: Fury Fan

Re: Where is the best place to learn about turboing? - 04/22/11 05:13 PM

Quote:

... but i need to learn about blow through carbs, and what Ill need. Anybody have a specific link, or forum?

To get us back on track, here's a good link:
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51153.0

Be prepared to read for a while, and be prepared to drop breadcrumbs to make sure you don't overlook anything. 'Open in new tab' will help when opening new links.
© 2024 Moparts Forums