Moparts

Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass

Posted By: preddy

Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 05:14 AM

So last year I tried something new (for me anyway). I took my $150 Flip Video camera and zip tied it to my rear view mirror and made a few passes. I know this is nothing new - people have been doing this kind of thing for years. The video quality is really good except for the first few frames. Something happened when I uploaded it to youtube and they converted it to flash - some pixels were blacked out - the distortion only lasts a few seconds.

I thought I'd share it with you guys. I enjoy watching these videos during the non-racing months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAv4QIjeb80
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 03:37 PM

Nice video. What brand of mufflers are on your car? It sounds nice. Jim

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 05:19 PM

Those are Dynomax UltraFLows. They're 3" Ovals with the tail pipes and stock chrome tips under the bumper. I've been very happy with them. They're not too loud when I'm doing normal street driving or just sitting at idle. I can listen to the radio or have a conversation with a passenger. They don't resonate like some other mufflers I've had. However, when you step on it, they do get loud but in a good way and I like it
Posted By: shoebox

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 09:30 PM

Tell us a lil about the car looks great!

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 10:44 PM

Quote:

Tell us a lil about the car looks great!

Thanks, sure... it's a 493 ci, Modern Cylinder Head CNC ported Eddys, Holley 950HP with a QF1050cfm main body, Comp solid XTQ294S-8, 2" TTIs, tight 3200 stall 10" converter, 3:91s, 727/Cope LBA RMVB, and a worked Team G. I'm switching over to a M1 (it's getting ported right now) and swapping converters with a friend who has a looser one he's not using. I also just put a 8 point bar in it.

Attached picture 6575333-QF1050_stealthmode_sm2.jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/08/11 11:43 PM

Nice video! The looser converter will really wake it up at the launch although it still left the line pretty healthy with your current converter.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 06:11 AM

Very nice! And it still has the Beep beep horn. I love it.

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 12:28 PM

Here's another video. This one was taken just before the other one. A good friend of mine, Dave Reitz from the famed Bob Banning Dodge Bounty Hunters team, is in lane 1 in his vintage Dodge. Also, if you look closely at the 2 cars making a pass just before me, in lane 1 is a bad a$$, 4 speed Hemi Cuda that leaves hard, wheels up. This was my first pass with the QF1050 main body so I wanted to see how it pulled on the top end (the HP950 would falter) so I stayed in the gas after I went through the finish line to see if it fell over - it didn't. My teammate and pal, Doug can be seen helping me get in the groove. This pass was a 10.80 @ 124_something. Once again, Youtube added some black pixel noise to the first few seconds but it clears up. The Flip Video camera is the bomb. I can watch these videos on my TV and it looks like Hi-Def.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlg1c4fTVfg

Posted By: moparniac

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 02:04 PM

those flips work pretty good! thats what I use!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btsRQbX1THA
Posted By: deaks

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 02:52 PM

Did the 1050 main body pick the car up and what did the other guy run.
Mick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 03:04 PM

What were all those lights on the 1st video for at the big end?
It looks like you had to pay for ezpass after each run. Very cool video.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/09/11 05:21 PM

Thats how the state of MD tests the ez pass.. they just put the kind you can go through at 70 mph on the new ICC and if they were testing to any kind of limit higher than that (for engineering safety factor) they couldnt do it on a public road.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/10/11 04:13 PM

That was fun. I'm gonna go for another ride with ya!
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/10/11 05:17 PM

Nice car. Runs good and you're right. It's not very loud inside at all.

I have to figure out what to do in my truck. The bed acts like a subwoofer.

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/10/11 07:15 PM

Quote:

That was fun. I'm gonna go for another ride with ya!

Glad you enjoyed them.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Flip Video on Rear View Mirror - 10sec pass - 04/11/11 02:10 AM

Quote:

That was fun. I'm gonna go for another ride with ya! [/quote

Move over I'm getting in to.
© 2024 Moparts Forums