Moparts

leaky head gasket

Posted By: BLONDE BARRACUDA

leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 01:51 AM

I noticed after haveing my engine built a coulple years ago that I had an external head gasket leak I wasnt woried about it cause I never noticed any water in my oil so I figured it was only external and didnt care but today I took all the plugs out and turned the engine over to set my valves and I had antifreeze coming out of no. 1 there didnt appear to be any antifreeze in the oil I figured I would just put some block sealer in and keep an eye one the oil any recomendations? the headgaskets are cometic with 13.9 to 1 compresion I've heard of several people having them leak and claimed block sealer fixed the problem
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 02:40 AM

Here's what happens if you run an engine after firing
with water in a cylinder. It distorts the bearing and
possibly the rod but, bad things are sure to follow if
it's ignored.

Attached picture 6558808-34609-18-10Carnage006.jpg

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 12:09 PM

I am not sure what you are telling me I caught the fact that there was antifreeze in the cylinder before fireing it then I removed the water from cylinder I still havent started it and there did not appear to be any antifreeze in the oil so not sure what to do I think I am going to flush the system and put block\headgasket sealer in it and see what happens. this happened after setting since November
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 01:18 PM

Why not just pull the head to see what's happening and while you're there, change the headgasket?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 01:37 PM

Quote:

Why not just pull the head to see what's happening and while you're there, change the headgasket?

what he said
Posted By: bonefish

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 01:38 PM

been there,even if its just a little the water sitting in the cyl.will etch the cyl.wall where it lays,specialy if it sits for a week or more.

Re: leaky head gasket - 03/31/11 03:49 PM

thanks to all for the replies and suggestions
© 2024 Moparts Forums