Moparts

OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff....

Posted By: Garceau

OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/23/11 10:02 PM

Whos running what, whats out there?

Not sure why, just slightly intrigued by this stuff. Just something a little different.

I havent been around lately and thought maybe there was some cool combos that came out recently.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/23/11 10:18 PM

Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/23/11 10:46 PM

At the moment it has an iron block 392 but this is the more trick aluminum 440 that we ran prior to that.

The one mockup shot is an iron block (you can barely see orange peeking through in one area). We used iron for mockup, ran it mostly with aluminum, then pulled it and put iron back in, and there she sits.

I think we did alot to get folks exited about the Gen 3 with this car, just like we wanted to do We can also say for a short little while, we had the fastest gen 3 challenger on the planet. Knowing what folks are working on out there, that statement is probably not going to be true much longer if we don't get back to work on it!

Posted By: Garceau

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/23/11 11:52 PM

See I know so little about this stuff - trying to read as much as I can.

Is the 440 based on the small block? Or is it a complete recast block, with completely different heads.

Obviously there is the 5.7 and the 6.1 - not really sure the differences other than cubes.

I am considering one for the chassis 66 plymouth project when it gets to that point. Power adder would be a plus.

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/24/11 12:02 AM

The 440 is based on an aftermarket,
Mopar Performance Aluminum Gen 3 hemi block.
Same architecture as 5.7/6.1.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/24/11 12:08 AM

Zippy all i can say is.......
Posted By: fishy340

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/24/11 12:11 AM

not really huge fan,but that car just looks awesome..motor,color etc

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/24/11 06:01 PM

Thx and I'm sorry if I killed the thread

I'd suggest joining lxforums.com if you want to see alot of gen 3 engine combos. Usually the tech info is not very detailed but at least you can get ideas of cam/head/displacement combos which is better than nothing. Just keep in mind they're all oriented towards use in a modern car...and as in every forum, beware of BS.

Now hopefully somebody will post about another motor/car.
Posted By: AlexP

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/25/11 10:40 PM

I can help

What do you need to know ?
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/28/11 02:18 PM

this post seems to have some great info and seems to have some momentum..fwiw.
cheapst

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post6459333
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 03/28/11 03:22 PM

I am getting ready to do a GenIII Hemi for dirt track racing. I am watching these posts closely. A customer wants me to experiment with one they picked up pretty cheap for an open-wheel modified. I am a 'virgin' with this engine. It will be a slow, methodical learning experience I am sure. It will have to use a carb, so that will be our first search, for an intake.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 04/09/11 09:01 PM

Quote:

Whos running what, whats out there?

Not sure why, just slightly intrigued by this stuff. Just something a little different.

I havent been around lately and thought maybe there was some cool combos that came out recently.

392 Procharged F1R

Attached picture 6576972-larry'sengine016.jpg
Posted By: gremlinsteve

Re: OK Gen 3 type hemi stuff.... - 04/09/11 09:16 PM

same combo i just ground up a cam for made 700 plus ft lb at 2000 rpm using that displacement and head unit.
that was wheel torque btw..on a chasis dyno. so add about 18 percent dt loss

stecve
© 2024 Moparts Forums