have been called out - 03/17/11 04:09 AM

by this , do i have a chance

Attached picture 6534021-15457_1197132502955_1667780470_478311_2964262_n.jpg
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 04:10 AM

now has an 871 on it, says it runs 8's
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 04:14 AM

I would be wanting slips on that thing. It might be 8's in the 1/8 mile for all ya know eh?

Either way though, is it just for fun? If so, go for it, who care if ya win or lose no?

-Kenny
Posted By: racingblues1426

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 04:16 AM

He better hurry and get his roll cage redone. I don't see a shoulder bar. I believe 8's in the 1/8
Posted By: 440dart

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 12:23 PM

He has no chance, that car might run 11 seconds.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 01:52 PM

what is in it?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 01:55 PM

It's got gauges on the cowl Tommy, you're finished. Does that belong to Doc?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:11 PM

I see that as a nice lookin street rod... but I dont
think it'll do squat on the track... go out there
and eat it up (even with the blower)
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:14 PM

Has he ever run it before? I've beaten guys who should have whooped me but they were running badly tuned show poodles and didn't know how to drive, lol.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:25 PM

What the hell is it??
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:37 PM

Quote:

What the hell is it??

I believe it is an automobile. First invented in 1769 by Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot!
Posted By: OA5599

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:37 PM

Quote:

Has he ever run it before? I've beaten guys who should have whooped me but they were running badly tuned show poodles and didn't know how to drive, lol.

Same here. Last year a guy I work with was talking smack all year about his 500+ HP blown '06 Charger being able to beat up on my low compression 340 'Cuda. He finally brought the car to the Xenia Classic last year. We were able to time trial against each other and I beat him 13.23 to a 14.18. He obviously had me on power as he out MPH me by 2, but I tree'd him big time so I ended up with like 4 or 5 car lengths on him. To this day I have a pic of my car way ahead of his as my background at work so he can see it every day. Lol. If he doesn't take it to the track often, I wouldn't sweat over it too much.

Attached picture 6534537-P8280021.jpg
Posted By: mafo

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 03:46 PM

Here s the sport version(2 door)...
Posted By: tubtar

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 04:23 PM

A couple tells.........that ridiculous scoop on a single four barrel and keeping the four lug front hub / brake arrangement tells me he isn't as serious as he thinks.
Before I get shredded for hating on the scoop........slap in above a belt driven accessory and I am all about it.
On this set up , it strikes me as Freudian over compensation.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 04:38 PM

Is that even a blower.. Looks like a tunnel ram with a look a like injector scoop.
I bet its heavy also. Id be surprised if it would even tickle the 7's in the 8th mile.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:02 PM

Quote:

Is that even a blower.. Looks like a tunnel ram with a look a like injector scoop.
I bet its heavy also. Id be surprised if it would even tickle the 7's in the 8th mile.

He said it has a blower on it now... in the pic that
is a tunnel ram
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:23 PM

you will most likely eat this guy alive. that thing is either slow, or scary uncontrollable. either way, you win. i've beaten a lot of faster cars. it's fun!
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:29 PM

Quote:

you will most likely eat this guy alive. that thing is either slow, or scary uncontrollable. either way, you win. i've beaten a lot of faster cars. it's fun!

You won't win if he comes over into your lane!

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You won't win if he comes over into your lane!

a dialed in combo gets so far out so fast, it's usually a matter of keeping an eye on your rearview! DAMHIK
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:42 PM

You have to take him on getting called out is like a "Double Dog Dare"

get him on the tree and dont look back, take him out
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 05:49 PM

Run him, spank him and be done with it. Remember my "got a race with a big tire`d nova"............still waiting. A track tested car usually whoops a high horsepowered car that hasn`t been flogged from my experience and if that`s an 8-second car I agree it`s in the 1/8th. Go for it if he doesn`t chicken out and get video...........
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 06:22 PM

My guess is he stomps into it and finds out in a real hurry that this ain't the local show-N-shine. By the time he gathers himself, you're long gone. IF it runs right with a huffer, there's no way that little thing goes straight and makes a full pass with a novice driver. Too much chrome for 8's.
Posted By: rebel

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 06:49 PM

Quote:

what is in it?

we have a few of them down here, they're '50's model Morris 1000's a pommobile. they're only good for streetrods, have never seen a real fast one.
Posted By: deaks

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 06:55 PM

It's a Morris Minor and unless they're built right they can be very unstable. If it's not a seasoned race car, i think you will win quite comfortably.
Mick
Posted By: topside

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 07:36 PM

Make sure you leave on him, so when he crosses into your lane you're already gone. That assumes the thing can hook.

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 07:45 PM

Quote:

Make sure you leave on him, so when he crosses into your lane you're already gone. That assumes the thing can hook.

that car has the look of one that has never been to the track. driver probably hasn't either. they think they'll hook and go. you'll have fun watching him in your rearview. be careful. get in front and run.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 10:25 PM

Get him down to 41 and talk him into 3 and the hit. Prolly get some side money going too.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 10:32 PM

Go whoop him.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: have been called out - 03/17/11 10:43 PM

he may only run low 10's but dont let him change the OD on the blower.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 12:09 AM

Quote:

Blower? Looks like a tunnel ram with a single four to me .
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 12:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Blower? Looks like a tunnel ram with a single four to me .

[now has an 871 on it, says it runs 8's ]
read from the top not just the pics.
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 06:20 AM

It looks like a wall slammer for sure to me. The combo in the picture is a boat anchor motor with some chrome. If it's the same motor, now with an 8/71, I'd bet money it ain't tuned properly and by "runs 8's" it's probably closer to figure 8's.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 02:38 PM

im sure you can beat that, its just a smallblock chevy in it anyway
Posted By: Tig

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 07:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what is in it?

we have a few of them down here, they're '50's model Morris 1000's a pommobile. they're only good for streetrods, have never seen a real fast one.

I've seen one that suppossedly ran in the 5's. It had a TAD 500 inch Hemi in it. Unbelivably scary to watch, never saw a full pass, constantly heading for the rails
Also there's a blown SBC pick up version over here that regularly runs in the mid 8's.
Pic below.

Pic is pre blower
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: have been called out - 03/18/11 10:14 PM

Cool shot Tig!

Morris Minors are neat little cars.

I am not sure about the wheelbase on one but I can not believe it is any shorter than an Arrow or a Colt and those are made into race cars on a somewhat regular basis. Certainly different, especially up in Babylon.
© 2024 Moparts Forums