Moparts

WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS

Posted By: qwkmopardan

WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 06:29 AM

I just picked up world product Mopar RB wedge block today. What should i expect to do before assembling? I know Bore and Hone because it is roughed to 4.310 and my pistons are 4.375. Are the mains typicaly decent and the deck equal and near 10.720. What a pig.I had to use a hoist to put the bare block on a stand. Just wanting opinions from others that have allready traveled this path. Thanks, Dan
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 06:41 AM

I would look it over ensuring it was not damaged in shipment. Check your main studs...hopefully they have the arp logo if not I would inquire their origin. Did you get your block kit? Dowel pins, plugs etc. Then take it to your machinist of choice.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 07:23 AM

Check the fit on everything before getting too far into the assembly. You'll need tall roller lifters for example. The block will interfere with the rivits on Cometic heads. Jesel belt drive won't fit without some grinding, etc. The extra material that is in those blocks just gets in the way of a number of older aftermaket parts so you have to double check it all.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 09:15 AM

Quote:

Check your main studs...hopefully they have the arp logo if not I would inquire their origin.

be cautious... the nuts had the ARP logo but not the studs!!!!
Posted By: MuscleMike

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 12:55 PM

Starter clearance
Posted By: quickd100

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 06:49 PM

Quote:

Starter clearance

Yes, a full size chrysler starter won't clear, a MP mini starter works fine. Dave

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/15/11 07:42 PM

Quote:

Starter clearance

I cut the post down some on my starter and got it to fit!
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/16/11 03:48 AM

Hello,

Talk with Dale or Mike at Chenoweth out of Morton IL. They have done several. I took my AL block there for the short block assembly. The Source fabricated timing cover won't work with a roller cam and button.

Damon

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/16/11 03:59 AM

I also had to ground the block/mounts to get my motor mounts to fit!

here is how far off the bolt hole alignment was....

Posted By: astjp2

Re: WORLD PRODUCT BLOCK QUESTIONS - 03/16/11 07:10 AM

My world hemi block was cracked in a pushrod hole and the upper water pump holes were filled with casting flash. I blended out the crack, just need to verify I got it all out. Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums