Moparts

Victor 440 and Cuda

Posted By: T-bar

Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/04/11 10:24 PM

Will a Victor 440 on rb fit under a twin snorkel type 70+ cuda hood without cutting any brace's off and run an air cleaner.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/05/11 01:03 AM

I really don't think so,
When I ran the 440 in my Challenger the carb stuck up just a little into the 6 pack scoop with the flat hood cut out,and a Victor intake.I ran a R/T hood before I had the Victor intake and I know it would not have fit that.
Posted By: T-bar

Re: Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/05/11 01:34 AM

Thanks for the reply, there is a bloke in town with a challenger and a victor and he cut out some bracing he also runs a 1 1/2"cleaner with an k&n extreme top and is real close to hitting, but i thought the profile of the hoods may be a little different?
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/05/11 02:01 AM

I guess the profile could be a little different,not real sure.I would bet the advantage of a real tall single plane intake would be sacrificed with a short restrictive air cleaner though,the extreme top might help that a little.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/05/11 02:14 AM

I have both...and the victor wont fit under the RT challenger hood with a carb and aircleaner.

It appears that it will fit with a thinner fuel injection throttle body that I have...it is only 2-1/8" thick and a drop base air cleaner...but it will be close with no cutting and an RT style "AAR fiberglass" hood.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Victor 440 and Cuda - 03/05/11 08:12 PM

Heres a Victor intake/Victor head combo in a challenger. I believe the k member is spaced . Maybe Bigsqueeze will chime in. http://www.smotherssupercars.com/m73challenger.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums