Moparts

Duster steering shaft

Posted By: Butch

Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 12:55 AM

Can anyone tell me how many splines are on the shaft? Or recommend a kit for a removable steering wheel?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 01:10 AM

me too please
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 01:39 AM

I had a removable steering wheel for my car, I later changed to a fabricated steering column. I bought the quick release from Summit. I sold the steering wheel release to ProSport when I was done with it. I think it was a Rebco unit with the GM splines IIRC.
Steve

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 03:04 AM

Thanks for the info 72chargrally . That must have been the one in his Dart Sport. I'll just have to remove my Grant wheel to get the shaft information.

This is the Rebco at Summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/REB-270-8630/

Butch
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 01:46 PM

That looks like the one, it was a few years ago but the pricing looks in line with what I payed. Bob told me it worked out well on the car.
Steve
Posted By: chris3

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 03:27 PM

I am interested in the same thing. I bought a quick release at a show. When I got it home and removed the Duster steering wheel the shaft is a lot smaller than the 3/4" I.D. adapter that is suppose to be welded to the existing steering shaft.

Re: Duster steering shaft - 03/02/11 05:18 PM

Quote:

I am interested in the same thing. I bought a quick release at a show. When I got it home and removed the Duster steering wheel the shaft is a lot smaller than the 3/4" I.D. adapter that is suppose to be welded to the existing steering shaft.

So what size is the shaft????
© 2024 Moparts Forums