Moparts

All loaded up and then this happens

Posted By: dc426

All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 09:33 PM

I spent the morning loading up the truck and trailer to head out for Valdosta in the morning tomorrow. I then parked the truck near the house so we can drag the coolers out to it in the morning. I parked it where we normally drive and park our cars. We'll now I had to get moving to get to work. I back out of the driveway and hit the button to close the garage door. It wouldn't close on the first push. So i hit it again and watch the door as it's going down all while I'm backing out. Then BOOM! I backed right into the driver's door of my truck! Caved it in pretty good. It still closes thankfully. But now I have to deal with this. It got the door, the lower portion of the fender and pushed the rocker in a little. I hope the rest of the weekend goes better than this
Posted By: jvcuda

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 09:38 PM

That sucked. Hopefully all the bad karma is gone now. At least you can race,the local track here won't be open till april!

Posted By: stubbs300

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 09:42 PM

That's a drag, well at least you were'nt on the phone!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 10:37 PM

Quote:

I spent the morning loading up the truck and trailer to head out for Valdosta in the morning tomorrow. I then parked the truck near the house so we can drag the coolers out to it in the morning. I parked it where we normally drive and park our cars. We'll now I had to get moving to get to work. I back out of the driveway and hit the button to close the garage door. It wouldn't close on the first push. So i hit it again and watch the door as it's going down all while I'm backing out. Then BOOM! I backed right into the driver's door of my truck! Caved it in pretty good. It still closes thankfully. But now I have to deal with this. It got the door, the lower portion of the fender and pushed the rocker in a little. I hope the rest of the weekend goes better than this

Routine, it can be an evil thing - when not staging your car . We,ve all been there.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 10:43 PM

Damn Chris that flat out sucks....but have done similar

Good luck this weekend

Rickster
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/24/11 10:49 PM

Hopefully you got your bad luck out of the way. Focus on the job at hand this weekend & hopefully it will be a good one.
Posted By: dirtybee

Re: All loaded up and then this happens - 02/25/11 12:13 AM

At least you didn't hit someone else's MERCEDES in your work truck like I did today , but that does suck for you, sorry to hear.

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/25/11 01:48 AM

Get this. Right after I posted this my daughter called from college down in Ft. Myers and she got hit in her car while traveling down a 4 lane road. She and her passenger are ok but the Caliber sustained some damage Man what a day!
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/25/11 02:52 AM

i am not even gonna comment on that one..
just go get that purse money and may it all worth while..
cheapst
Ps. Chris my son and i are thinking of making a trip out there sat..to watch...
cheapst
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/25/11 03:16 AM

Bummer... I backed my truck into the corner of my
old trailer a few years back... bent both the truck
and the trailer
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/25/11 03:37 AM

ok you had enough bad time for the good
think positve thought
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 02:08 PM

This thread is useless without pics...

Attached picture 6497364-DSC09929.JPG
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 04:12 PM

Quote:

Get this. Right after I posted this my daughter called from college down in Ft. Myers and she got hit in her car while traveling down a 4 lane road. She and her passenger are ok but the Caliber sustained some damage Man what a day!

Seriously Bro, take a personal day. Clear your head. Seize control. "Work the traffic"
Posted By: mshred

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 04:21 PM

I'll share my own story so you don't feel alone..

I had the scamp running half in/half out of the garage as i pulled in from a cruise just checking something. I normally keep the garage door opener on the dash, but this time i had left it on the seat...well, while i was hopping over the passenger seat to get into the driver seat, my a$$ hit the opener and the garage started CLOSING! Needless to say my life flashed before my eyes as the door started coming down and just about hit the scamp as i pulled it forward

thankfully, no damage...but man, my heart stopped and i felt like the biggest idiot afterwards- probably told myself that for a good 5 minutes afterwards

good luck though this weekend! just try to forget about it and enjoy

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 05:46 PM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...895&theater
Posted By: 440dart

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 09:07 PM

Quote:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...895&theater

For those that don't have Facebook her ya go.

Attached picture 6498009-182462_1584186606049_1277271895_31337060_128285_n.jpg
Posted By: 340B5

Re: All loaded up and then this happens +UPDATE+ - 02/26/11 09:16 PM

Ouch! I had an accident backing my trailer in beside the garage a couple years ago. Swung the truck into a telephone pole while watching the trailer. Got REAL lucky, it knocked the trim piece off and put a small dent in it, but it was underneath where the trim piece was, so I siliconed it back on and you can't tell anything happened. I feel your pain...I was aggravated w/myself when it happened.
© 2024 Moparts Forums