Moparts

New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs.

Posted By: PUNK

New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:10 AM

Well we just purchased and installed some new AFCO double adjustable rear shocks on the Cuda and we are happy to say the least. The Cudas prior best 60 foot time was 1.402 and it only did that once when the conditions were all absolutely perfect and all the stars and moons were in alignment. The regular times were like 1.42-1.44 when the old shocks were ok. Then the car started losing 60 foot really bad and was hard to get it in the 1.4s at all. Eric is a member here at Moparts (Irun6snd8th)?? and he arranged the shocks to be made for us as they werent in stock at AFCO. They had them to us in less than a week. Now the car just went 1.37 sixty foot with a whole bunch of 1.40 sixty foots when the track started going away. Nice wheelies all day long. I was running a single adjustable rear shock that was OK at first but obviously went away in no time at all. I cant say enough for the product and the tech support from Eric. The other Eric at Afco as well.

Attached picture 6474204-2011Feb06035.jpg
Posted By: earthmover

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:17 AM

thats great..mike
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:18 AM

what was the et
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:20 AM

What settings did you start out with Compression and extention?
Are you 4 linked , ladder barred or Cal tracs?
Eric is a fantastic guy., He has hooked me up too. I had 1.40 1.39 60 foots and now 1.29-1.33 all with his shocks AFCO double adjustables are the bomb! Thanks Eric.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:27 AM

THAT'S what I want.....where's that shock seminar-thingy at!!??
Posted By: justinp61

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing .
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:40 AM

Wish I could pick up on my 60 like that.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:42 AM

Arent good shocks the greatest... surprising what
can happen with good shocks

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 01:45 AM

The Cuda now has a 10.53 ET best with a bunch of 10.54s and 10.55s. The prior best was 10.62 in much better air. The car has Cal-Tracs Monoleafs and Caltrak bars set on the top hole . We started the shock settings at full loose on the extension and 7 clicks stiff on the compression. The car seemed to like it and since it was a bracket race, we didnt make any adjustments. We are very happy with the 1.37-1.38 times out of the little tires and good shocks.
Posted By: toddd

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:00 AM

What springs are on the shocks?.

Did you try other spring rates too?

Good info

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:04 AM

Its a leaf spring car, so no spring rates were changed.

Attached picture 6474344-2011Feb06016.jpg
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:21 AM

Quote:

More impressive as the story continues....
I want some...
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:33 AM

Quote:

nice looking car witch eric u delt with the 1 from here or the 1 from afco i would like a pair

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:46 AM

We dealt with (Irun6snd8th) Eric.

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 02:49 AM

kool thanks if u dont mind how much
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 03:03 AM

what shock did you take off the car? how did you set the afcos? what shock is on the front?
Posted By: gearjammerdart

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 03:07 AM

We went from 1.30 with the old Afco double adjustables to 1.25 with the new Big Gun Afco shocks.

Donald

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 03:28 AM

We removed the old Rancho shocks that were supplied by Calvert Racing for there monoleafs. The Ranchos are a good shock for the money, but when you have the $$ for real shocks, AFCOs are the way to go. As far as the front shocks are concerned, we happen to be running a single adjustable QA1 Stocker "R". We were told that the front shock for our application wasnt as critical as the rear and that our current front shock would most likely be adequate, so that is what will be on there for a while until they wear out. At that point we will spring for the AFCO single adjustable front shocks. Call Eric for $$ on your particular shock needs.

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 03:31 AM

can u give me his #
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 04:52 AM

Quote:

Well we just purchased and installed some new AFCO double adjustable rear shocks on the Cuda and we are happy to say the least. The Cudas prior best 60 foot time was 1.402 and it only did that once when the conditions were all absolutely perfect and all the stars and moons were in alignment. The regular times were like 1.42-1.44 when the old shocks were ok. Then the car started losing 60 foot really bad and was hard to get it in the 1.4s at all. Eric is a member here at Moparts (Irun6snd8th)?? and he arranged the shocks to be made for us as they werent in stock at AFCO. They had them to us in less than a week. Now the car just went 1.37 sixty foot with a whole bunch of 1.40 sixty foots when the track started going away. Nice wheelies all day long. I was running a single adjustable rear shock that was OK at first but obviously went away in no time at all. I cant say enough for the product and the tech support from Eric. The other Eric at Afco as well.

Very cool Bryan especially since this is a TRUE STREET car. So does this mean you'll be at MATS this year? Contemplating going with some kind of engine...
Congrats on the new best!
Brian
Posted By: justinp61

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 05:34 AM

What did it go in the 1/8? My street/strip pump gas 408 Dart goes 1.38-1.40 60' with Cal-Tracs, monos and Rancho 9 ways. I'd like to see if it would pick with better shocks, it would have to be a significant gain to justify them costs IMHO.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 06:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing .

New user registrations were disabled last week. We are hoping to that we can get this going this week.
Thank you Mr. Sloan for posting your impressive results and for the kind words. Since I see it went a 1.37 can I assume the changes suggested helped it more?

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 06:07 AM

Quote:

What did it go in the 1/8? My street/strip pump gas 408 Dart goes 1.38-1.40 60' with Cal-Tracs, monos and Rancho 9 ways. I'd like to see if it would pick with better shocks, it would have to be a significant gain to justify them costs IMHO.

1/8 mile times were 6.60 @ 101.3mph. This is all on a 28X9 Hoosier biasply slick. They are a few years old, so maybe there is some more there too. This is also a pump gas deal.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/14/11 06:09 AM

Your car has always impressed me and these new times make it that much better. Good job!

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/15/11 12:17 AM

Quote:

[Thank you Mr. Sloan for posting your impressive results and for the kind words. Since I see it went a 1.37 can I assume the changes suggested helped it more?

Yes. It definitely helped. The next day, when the track was regroomed, we softened up the compression a little and it was good. But when the track was going away, your recommendations were gold!!
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/15/11 06:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

[Thank you Mr. Sloan for posting your impressive results and for the kind words. Since I see it went a 1.37 can I assume the changes suggested helped it more?

Yes. It definitely helped. The next day, when the track was regroomed, we softened up the compression a little and it was good. But when the track was going away, your recommendations were gold!!

Awesome!! I was sitting there texting back and forth with you while eating lunch and my wife's grandmother asked what I was doing. I said helping tune a car in California. She just looked at me funny and my wife just tells her that I am obsessed.
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/15/11 01:47 PM

Awesome!! I was sitting there texting back and forth with you while eating lunch and my wife's grandmother asked what I was doing. I said helping tune a car in California. She just looked at me funny and my wife just tells her that I am obsessed.

obsessed or posessed?? jk,
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: New AFCO shocks = New Best 60 foots and ETs. - 02/15/11 06:52 PM

This is VERY interesting to me. First, gotta love that bad-a** black Cuda and second...I may need shocks.

Although we're running well with our Duster (10.14 @ 128) our 60' numbers are consistant, but lazy. A best of 1.40 and last Sunday 1.42 on 2 runs and a 1.44 in too deep. I would LOVE to find that gain at the 60' clocks and maybe them I could get my .0 timeslip! The car has Rancho 5-ways circa late 90's...

Irun6s...you have a PM.
© 2024 Moparts Forums